Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace away PSF 2021 - match thread (6pm kick off)

Comments

• Options
    The first 11 that started against Reading, if you put Stockley back in, would be good enough for top 6.  But if course the number of games that exact 11 will play?  More than a hand full? 

Now we are playing a right back at left back, two very left footed center backs and are an injury from playing Dempsey.

Of course we will still sign more but seeing it on paper makes it look grim.  I am still 100% in the it will be alright in the end camp and it certainly isn't the end. 
  • Options
    Not one first team player on the bench. 11 days til the season starts.
  • Options
    4-0 trouncing.
  • Options
    4-0 trouncing.
    With our injuries and lack of signings I think PalARSE might manage to get a consolation, 4-1.
  • Options
    4-0 trouncing.
    I think we'll let the Stripey c*nts get one.
  • Options
    Be good  to hear  JFC  on the mic with Terry taking the commentary, could bring some interesting analysis of the game.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Fully expect at least 4 loans to come in (gallen has done it in the past, towards the end of the window) as well as hopefully 2-3 permanent signings! 

Of course it takes time, and people are frustrated but I’m certain there’s cogs turning in the background - which is a stark contrast to how it felt under RD/MS&TN/PE
    Of all the utter shite we endured under RD I would argue we got in better players than some will be willing to give credit for:

Cullen
    Bielik
    Taylor
    Bauer
    Sarr

If RD bought in a reserve from Sunderland, a failed striker from his homeland, and a previously unknown (on our forum) from Oxford United i do wonder what the reaction would be. I doubt we would have all be as accommodating.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FFS - another absolutely shit colour clash.  Someone really needs that sack. Idiots.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    cafc4life said:
    People can butter it up as much as they like and look at where we were etc, but that squad, including the missing players, struggles to get top ten this season as it is now anyway.
    Of course it would, but we know this won’t be how the squad looks at the end of the window.

Just a shame we still need 4/5 as a minimum rather than 2/3 at most.
    I hope you are right because as cafc4life has said this squad is not top 6. 

I was hoping we would get our business done early but clearly not the case. 

The issue is the 4 or 5 we get in are likely to be loans and apart from Stockley last season I didn’t think much of the rest. 

I still think we need a left back, decent playmaker, striker and cover at Centre half and that’s without any injuries.

Have to admit been very disappointed with recruitment so far.

I hope and am happy to be proven wrong.

It’s a strong division this season and we can’t afford to still be in it next season. 
    I believe Gallen will allocate his budget to give us two players per position. Even last season with a salary cap we managed that.

I also don’t see TS spending millions a year only to attempt to get through a season with u23s covering half the starting 11.

We know we’ll bring in loans, that’s the reality of L1, even Ipswich and Wigan likely will. Most of those come in towards the end of the window when Prem and Champ clubs have their squads sorted.

I’m not confident enough to say we’ll have a promotion squad in place but I’ll be very disappointed if I’m proven wrong about the number of signings coming in.

Clearly we’re not going to throw money at, we don’t have the biggest budget in the league. 

There’s also a different market with players and clubs happy to wait for the best possible. It’s not helped by the Euros plus the rule changes following Brexit meaning things are slower to move at the levels above. There are fewer players out there as clubs can’t as easily bring in cheaper players from Europe.

We’ll soon have a better idea on how much of this is down to TS not spending enough or if it’s due to the market. It’s easy to jump to conclusions but it wouldn’t be unbelievable if a couple of permanents and 3/4 loans joined by the end of August. Do that and the squad will be stronger, hopefully a lot stronger.
  • Options
    Our squad is seriously  under strength. 
    Season kicks of in about ten days time. 
    And anyone who moans about it is called a bed wetter or worse. 

Call me what you like but as things stand we are mid table 
    I think everyone agrees with you, other than Colin, but it is the constant reminder of the fact that most take exception to.  I am still confident we will make some decent signings before the end of next week.
  • Options
    Decent start so far... Jaiyesimi has had a good pre-season
  • Options
    Washington's workrate is unreal.
  • Options
    Ooh, decent recovery tackle from Tomkins otherwise Stockley was in.
  • Options
    Ooo off the line from Tomkins!! - So close from Stockley
  • Options
    And then Tomkins clears a Stockley header off the line.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    FFS - another absolutely shit colour clash.  Someone really needs that sack. Idiots.
    Picture quality is pretty terrible as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    luke1 said:
    Plan is to play innis for 60 mins on sat 
    Which Saturday?
  • Options
    Anyone else think we need to sort our footages saturation? Looks quite washed out.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    cafc4life said:
    People can butter it up as much as they like and look at where we were etc, but that squad, including the missing players, struggles to get top ten this season as it is now anyway.
    Of course it would, but we know this won’t be how the squad looks at the end of the window.

Just a shame we still need 4/5 as a minimum rather than 2/3 at most.
    I hope you are right because as cafc4life has said this squad is not top 6. 

I was hoping we would get our business done early but clearly not the case. 

The issue is the 4 or 5 we get in are likely to be loans and apart from Stockley last season I didn’t think much of the rest. 

I still think we need a left back, decent playmaker, striker and cover at Centre half and that’s without any injuries.

Have to admit been very disappointed with recruitment so far.

I hope and am happy to be proven wrong.

It’s a strong division this season and we can’t afford to still be in it next season. 
    I believe Gallen will allocate his budget to give us two players per position. Even last season with a salary cap we managed that.

I also don’t see TS spending millions a year only to attempt to get through a season with u23s covering half the starting 11.

We know we’ll bring in loans, that’s the reality of L1, even Ipswich and Wigan likely will. Most of those come in towards the end of the window when Prem and Champ clubs have their squads sorted.

I’m not confident enough to say we’ll have a promotion squad in place but I’ll be very disappointed if I’m proven wrong about the number of signings coming in.

Clearly we’re not going to throw money at, we don’t have the biggest budget in the league. 

There’s also a different market with players and clubs happy to wait for the best possible. It’s not helped by the Euros plus the rule changes following Brexit meaning things are slower to move at the levels above. There are fewer players out there as clubs can’t as easily bring in cheaper players from Europe.

We’ll soon have a better idea on how much of this is down to TS not spending enough or if it’s due to the market. It’s easy to jump to conclusions but it wouldn’t be unbelievable if a couple of permanents and 3/4 loans joined by the end of August. Do that and the squad will be stronger, hopefully a lot stronger.
    Certainly don’t disagree with you. My concern is injuries, we had that great run last season one or two injuries and the season was derailed.

With all the games we have we need at least two decent players for each position which we don’t at the moment.

Fingers crossed in next couple of weeks we will have a much stronger squad. 
  • Options
    The biggest thing I'm taking so far isnt the fact that we look alright but the fact that Palace will surely be relegated if they play this shite
  • Options
    Can we stop calling the keeper McGillvery?
  • Options
    Looks like every palace fan has turned up for this one - must be their cup final 
    The sun must be horrible for their eyes having spent the last year and a half in their Mum's basement
  • Options
    The biggest thing I'm taking so far isnt the fact that we look alright but the fact that Palace will surely be relegated if they play this shite
    But most of their star names aren't playing
  • Options
    What a very impressing start from the boys .. could be 3 up already 
    At least you’re consistent…