Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Training Day - Your Views

124»

Comments

• Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    I think alot of people are doing NA a disservice tbh. He has had time now to look at the players he has at the club. If he thinks Davison & some of the other younger players can do a job then that is good enough for me. He knows what it takes to succeed and lets me honest he wasnt exactly pushing for a return to management was he. He decided to come here and I think we should all just trust the bloke. On a plus side from what I have seen so far in the PSF ( Iknow they are friendlies ) the signs look good. We are starting to look like a team with a plan in terms of how we play and not just the turgid sideways-backwards style of last year
    How much of it is just him knowing we're not getting another striker and having to make do though? 

He's hardly gonna come out and say Davison is League Two at best, then have to bring him off the bench to get a winner in games. 
    No your right but my take on NA is that he didnt need the job. He isnt one of these journyman managers that seem to be in and out of jobs every season or so. He came here to do a job and my own opinion is that if he thought he wasnt getting what was discussed initially he would be off. Just my view
    But NA has been straight all the way through. In his very first interview he says he likes to give youth a chance. TS has also said that we should be investing in our Academy. No surprise NA is bigging up Davison.
    People need to stop listening to every word he says and over analysing it.  Bring players through the academy is something we are "famous" for, it's happened for decades.  Nigel will know Thomas has talked about it.

How many kids did Nigel play, or even put on the bench last season? 

The opportunity he talks about was for these teenagers to play men's football, not cement a place in the first team.  If it happens it's a bonus.

A lot is made of his time out Southampton but that was a club that in the space of about 7 years produced Walcott, Bale, Shaw, the Ox and JWP.  Some before he got there.  Which kids did he "chuck in" at Reading, Hull and Sheffield United?  I have no idea but no one ever mentions it. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    I think alot of people are doing NA a disservice tbh. He has had time now to look at the players he has at the club. If he thinks Davison & some of the other younger players can do a job then that is good enough for me. He knows what it takes to succeed and lets me honest he wasnt exactly pushing for a return to management was he. He decided to come here and I think we should all just trust the bloke. On a plus side from what I have seen so far in the PSF ( Iknow they are friendlies ) the signs look good. We are starting to look like a team with a plan in terms of how we play and not just the turgid sideways-backwards style of last year
    How much of it is just him knowing we're not getting another striker and having to make do though? 

He's hardly gonna come out and say Davison is League Two at best, then have to bring him off the bench to get a winner in games. 
    No your right but my take on NA is that he didnt need the job. He isnt one of these journyman managers that seem to be in and out of jobs every season or so. He came here to do a job and my own opinion is that if he thought he wasnt getting what was discussed initially he would be off. Just my view
    But NA has been straight all the way through. In his very first interview he says he likes to give youth a chance. TS has also said that we should be investing in our Academy. No surprise NA is bigging up Davison.
    Yes very true Golfie. Infact alot of our fans also love to see young players coming through. Me personally I would rather start the season with Davison than someone like Wyke. I'm excited to see how he develops. I know you cant have too many youngsters but in the fatal words of Alan Hanson. You dont win anything with kids. Well you dont win anything with old journeyman pros either
  • Options
    Is Scott still doing Charlton TV Live this season? Indeed what are they doing with the whole Charlton TV package to build on the goodwill from last season?
  • Options
    Is Scott still doing Charlton TV Live this season? Indeed what are they doing with the whole Charlton TV package to build on the goodwill from last season?

They're just planning on playing Sandgaards new anthem on loop 24 hours a day except for one match day of their choosing they'll show the first 18 minutes of a match.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Hal1x said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    @Athletico Charlton
    Any chance of a pic of the "crowd" assume it's west stand only? Forcing you all to look upon the Alan Curbishley East Stand. 
    What do you mean FORCING?

The Alan Curbishley Stand (or East Stand as I'll always know it as) is the best one in the Stadium!!
    The official name (and rightly so), is of course The Alan Curbishley Stand…..however as time goes by I have the feeling it’s going to be known as The Curbside, at least I and a few others hope so.
    Nothing wrong with that IMHO and still shows total respect to the great man, whilst at the same time is quite a clever play on words.

So may I, with the greatest respect, put forward the nickname of……”THE CURBSIDE” 🥳🥳🥳
    Ahem! I believe if you check I have already registered lobbing that one in, and  I Claim all the royalties and the secondary rights associated with said feeble pun.
    Yes mate…..I knew someone had but couldn’t remember who.
    Should this in due course become a fact you must surely be credited with being the originator.
    Quite a few stadiums around the country have nicknames for their stands.
    Those that wish to call it by its correct full name will clearly do so, nothing wrong with that……this is just an option which I believe to be very respectful to all concerned.
    I have discussed this with a few others and everyone either really liked it or at least had no objections.
    The Halix South Stand does sound good!
  • Options
    Pretty sure he said at the start that they don't know yet whether it's coming back or not
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Very strange photo of JJ at training day, looks like he has grown an extra head, and dare I say a third leg!! B)

Welcome to Charlton Football Club at The Valley | CAFC