Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Those early bird season ticket 'benefits' - 2022-23 season discussion from p8

edited August 2022 in General Charlton
Just wondering if anyone who took the early bird offer has yet received their "bumper handbook?" It was due out before the first game...On the basis that the "20% off one drink" turned out to be exactly that and only eligible at one game per person that the club chooses, and that the 15% Club Shop discount is only eligible over a weekend in September, perhaps the bumper handbook will have to be read by one early bird punter before being passed to the next? Was this the same commercial team that raffled off a £100,000 Range Rover?

Comments

• Just wondering if anyone who took the early bird offer has yet received their "bumper handbook?" It was due out before the first game...On the basis that the "20% off one drink" turned out to be exactly that and only eligible at one game per person that the club chooses, and that the 15% Club Shop discount is only eligible over a weekend in September, perhaps the bumper handbook will have to be read by one early bird punter before being passed to the next? Was this the same commercial team that raffled off a £100,000 Range Rover?
    I've received mine..............page 15. Mostly an advert for Andrews Heating if anyone wants me to pass it along. 
  • I think we risk overdoing it a bit on the criticism of the early bird offers. The communications around some of the offers were poorly worded (perhaps intentionally) but I doubt it had a serious impact on whether anyone actually bought a season ticket or not. 
  • se9addick said:
    I think we risk overdoing it a bit on the criticism of the early bird offers. The communications around some of the offers were poorly worded (perhaps intentionally) but I doubt it had a serious impact on whether anyone actually bought a season ticket or not. 
    If they didn't have any serious impact (and I am not suggesting they did) why offer them in the first place? Secondly, offering them with t's and c's to follow was naughty, especially when they turned out to be designed to severely curtail the value of them. 80p off one drink at a game they decide for you? It will cost more in delays at the kiosks. I am genuinely pleased and a bit surprised that handbook has been produced and distributed on time.
  • se9addick said:
    I think we risk overdoing it a bit on the criticism of the early bird offers. The communications around some of the offers were poorly worded (perhaps intentionally) but I doubt it had a serious impact on whether anyone actually bought a season ticket or not. 
    If they didn't have any serious impact (and I am not suggesting they did) why offer them in the first place? Secondly, offering them with t's and c's to follow was naughty, especially when they turned out to be designed to severely curtail the value of them. 80p off one drink at a game they decide for you? It will cost more in delays at the kiosks. I am genuinely pleased and a bit surprised that handbook has been produced and distributed on time.
    I think they needed to create an incentive to buy your season ticket early, this is what they came up with. 
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    I think they needed to create an incentive to buy your season ticket early, this is what they came up with. 
    Why create something that you say will have no impact as an incentive?

Also of the handbook is not issued before Saturday they have offered something that could not achieve.

This is not a serious thing, but it does not show behind the scenes in a positive light. Why not spend the time working on this insatead to get rid of the Meire nonsense of differnt prices in the same stand for instance and any other legacy issues that are still such as no online club shop discount for Valley Gold
  • I thought the drink thing was every game
    So did everyone else.
  • No Early bird signings lead to Fan's Early bird season ticket brochure/Pint rage.
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Also of the handbook is not issued before Saturday they have offered something that could not achieve.

This is not a serious thing, but it does not show behind the scenes in a positive light. Why not spend the time working on this insatead to get rid of the Meire nonsense of differnt prices in the same stand for instance and any other legacy issues that are still such as no online club shop discount for Valley Gold
    I don’t know, I didn’t come up with the incentives. 
  • This is not a serious thing, but it does not show behind the scenes in a positive light. Why not spend the time working on this insatead to get rid of the Meire nonsense of differnt prices in the same stand for instance and any other legacy issues that are still such as no online club shop discount for Valley Gold
    Don't forget the Meire Tax for buying match tickets within two hours of kick-off. Unjustified today when the majority have season tickets or have bought online anyway.
  • This is not a serious thing, but it does not show behind the scenes in a positive light. Why not spend the time working on this insatead to get rid of the Meire nonsense of differnt prices in the same stand for instance and any other legacy issues that are still such as no online club shop discount for Valley Gold
    Don't forget the Meire Tax for buying match tickets within two hours of kick-off. Unjustified today when the majority have season tickets or have bought online anyway.
    Exactly, a good number of us could come with the things that need sorting, but at present we don't really have a way of taking this forward with the club or would it actually see things getting changed.

All minor stuff but things that can make the overall matchday better for all
  • edited August 2021
    se9addick said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

I don’t know, I didn’t come up with the incentives
    se9addick said:

• JohnnyH2 said:
    se9addick said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

I don’t know, I didn’t come up with the incentives
    se9addick said:

Right, you asked “why create something that will have no impact as an incentive?”, I don’t know because I didn’t but I understand that they wanted to. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Personally I think they have missed an opportunity here. People were probably more likely to buy a drink more often with a 20% discount and they might have bought food at the same time. Now people won’t bother at all, this could have been worth a few thousand pounds over the course of the season.

the way it read was you would get 20% off on a matchday not at a match of the clubs choosing. 

It certainly wasn’t a buying point for me My 20% voucher will be going in the bin as I can’t be bothered to keep it lying around until February. 

As for the shop discount not keen on any of the new shirts but will possibly pick one up when they drop to £15 next April. 

• Can anyone put what the actual wording was re the benefits ? 
  • Just wondering if anyone who took the early bird offer has yet received their "bumper handbook?"
    Yep - got mine

Bumpers Stack Photos - Free amp Royalty-Free Stock Photos from Dreamstime
  • On ‘a’ match day not on ‘match days’ 
  • Just spent £200 in the Club shop. They charged me 10p to put it in a plastic bag.

It's not the money, it's the principal. Did we get our Commercial Manager from Ryan Air?
  • edited August 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    On ‘a’ match day not on ‘match days’ 
    What it didn't say is of the club's choice or the use of the 15% discount voucher is over 3 days in Sept.