Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

European Super League - clubs withdrawing p42 onwards.

1525354555658»

Comments

• Hahaha well that’s a pathetic amount.

My mate said should have been £20m each plus all start season on -9 points. 
  • Disgraceful. Football authorities are running scared of these clubs now, and are terrified to properly punish them. 
  • Should have lost next season’s tv money at least.
  • A mate pointed out that that's roughly the difference between each position in the league, 3.5m between each spot. Pretty pathetic.
  • 10m each, to be ploughed back into non league football where many clubs are in real troubls, would have been great.
  • Hahaha well that’s a pathetic amount.

My mate said should have been £20m each plus all start season on -9 points. 
    If it had been Sheffield Wednesday the Football League would have awarded them £20m plus a 9-point head-start for the new season.
  • Seems that the six teams from the Premier League have been fined £20m each for their involvement in the competition
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/six-english-clubs-fined-millions-24280552 from this article it seems its £20m between them, so 3.33m each. It does say if they try  again they'll be fined 20m each and a 30 point deduction but who knows if that would ever happen

• UEFA have suspended any action against the three remaining members of the Super League. No explanation, except a guarded response that they may come back and continue to seek to punish them at. a later date.
    Wow. Don't piss UEFA off or they'll huff and they'll puff and they'll....God knows, take a bung, find out Florentino has photos of the president going at it with a lady man? 
    I bet this response will have the losthedome three ringing every half decent club in Europe trying to kick start the ESL again.
  • UEFA have suspended any action against the three remaining members of the Super League. No explanation, except a guarded response that they may come back and continue to seek to punish them at. a later date.
    Wow. Don't piss UEFA off or they'll huff and they'll puff and they'll....God knows, take a bung, find out Florentino has photos of the president going at it with a lady man? 
    I bet this response will have the losthedome three ringing every half decent club in Europe trying to kick start the ESL again.
    Thing is that if clubs are genuinely fed up with UEFA and the way the game is governed they should threaten to leave and form a new organisation with their own rules and competitions.

Wait a minute though .....
  • Sponsored links:

Possibly something to do with the threat to take UEFA to court and challenge their right to be exclusive competition organiser.
    Possibly something to do with the threat to take UEFA to court and challenge their right to be exclusive competition organiser.
    and there you have it.  Off to the European Courts they go.
  • And what happens if they win?

We already know Bayern and PSG aren't interested. Given the uproar and protests by fans of the PL clubs, i don't see them rushing to rejoin. So then what?
  • And what happens if they win?

We already know Bayern and PSG aren't interested. Given the uproar and protests by fans of the PL clubs, i don't see them rushing to rejoin. So then what?
    Will the Premier League clubs be forced to rejoin though if a case were to decide that they've signed Contracts and have broken them unlawfully?
  • Surely the leagues and the governing bodies  of various cups have a case to be able to ban these teams from their competitions if they do continue with this super league. 
  • UEFA has dropped legal action against the three remaining clubs still committed to the so-called European Super League.

Proceedings against Barcelona, Juventus and Real Madrid have been declared "null and void", UEFA said.

The three clubs had argued in court UEFA's attempt to punish them for setting up a breakaway league was against European competition law.

UEFA says it is now "as if the proceedings had never been opened".

UEFA will also contact the other nine clubs involved in the attempted breakaway to tell them they will no longer need to pay the fines imposed on them for trying to set up the ESL in April.

The nine clubs are Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, Atletico Madrid, AC Milan and Inter Milan.

What are the chances that these nine clubs make a contribution, equivalent to or otherwise, in respect of this fine to Charity by the way of a meaningful acknowledgement of their wrong doing? 

Thought not.

• Am sure they did everything they could...
  • Sponsored links:

• What a predictable disgrace.
  • So, basically, the Super League is free and clear to crack on?
  • European Super League: Uefa and Fifa rules banning breakaway league unlawful, says court

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67783970
  • European Super League: Uefa and Fifa rules banning breakaway league unlawful, says court

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67783970

I'm not a huge fan of FIFA or any of the confederations, but decentralizing control and oversight even more I think will affect the universality of football.