Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Winter Olympics 2022

Thought I'd start a thread as the Winter Olympics starts today with team GB in curling action.

Team GB are hopeful of between 3-7 medals which could take them above their all time record haul at one games of 5

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022
    A nice 9-5 win against one of the favourites Sweden in the mixed curling to get started
  • Options
    Isn’t curling played by Team Scotland rather than Team GB? 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    No  - if the 4x100”m relay team in summer  Olympics was all English you wouldn’t  say they were team England 

• Options
    I think yes they’re Team Scotland the rest of the year
  • Options
    follett said:
    that's like saying the relay squad are Belgrave Harriers the rest of the year

They may well represent Scotland in the individual nations competitions, but they are Team GB and NI in this
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    follett said:
    that's like saying the relay squad are Belgrave Harriers the rest of the year

They may well represent Scotland in the individual nations competitions, but they are Team GB and NI in this
    Well yes I know that but the Team GB curling team is the established Team Scotland curling team coaches and players renamed to team GB for the olympics so in answer to the question yes it is just team Scotland with a different name 
  • Options
    follett said:
    If they win gold they are GB heroes.

If they don't they are Scottish losers.
  • Options
    I try and load iplayer as it says live coverage from 1am-4pm today.. but can't seem to find anything? 
  • Options
    edited February 2022

I think this should be on now.... but states episode not currently available? 
  • Options
    Curling mixed doubles Semi Final around 12 today - GB Vs Norway one of our few chances for a medal in Beijing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Norwegians beat us easily in the group stage
  • Options
    Yep think they're the number one ranked team in the world right now so go into it quite heavy favourites
  • Options
    Tight affair. Lost 6-5 sadly, into the Bronze medal match against the Swedes
  • Options
    Swedes got battered by the Italians. shame we didn't get them in the semi final.  

Been catching up on all the action last night from the first two days. Some great snowboarding in the slopestyle event and that figure skater for Russia whos 15 years old so too young to compete in the worlds was superb. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Not sure if the video works, but sneaky from the Chinese skater, when up against three Canadians

Edit: Watch the Chinese skater as they push one of the track markers towards the person in second, which takes them out

https://external-preview.redd.it/4Nkl6jmHAjWG2vCxnUC-QNus3oCYbmtyO74cu7wRTN8.gif?format=mp4&s=6c838f8f898982e8d682f0ae66a7087f3fb329fb
  • Options
    Not sure if the video works, but sneaky from the Chinese skater, when up against three Canadians

https://external-preview.redd.it/4Nkl6jmHAjWG2vCxnUC-QNus3oCYbmtyO74cu7wRTN8.gif?format=mp4&s=6c838f8f898982e8d682f0ae66a7087f3fb329fb
    Took me about 10 viewings to work out what had happened! 
  • Options

Took me about 10 viewings to work out what had happened! 
    True... Edited my post to make it easier :)
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    A loss in the curling Bronze Medal Match today :(
    Good effort all around but just falling short of a medal

• Options
    Just caught up with the Luge Relay final and Germany beat Austria by 0.080 second. The luge/skeleton/bobsled events are the best.
  • Options
    Team GB were looking good until they dropped the sled during the second handover 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The snowboard cross racing is fantastic
  • Options
    So good, have found myself meaning to watch for 2 minutes then standing watching it for ages.
  • Options
    So good, have found myself meaning to watch for 2 minutes then standing watching it for ages.
    Literally watched all of them totally engrossed. The slip stream is great but the danger of getting taken out is huge. Amazing entertainment.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Russia can’t not cheat can they!
  • Options
    Not looking good for GB in the medals table. Do you think we'll actually win anything or will it be like Eurovision and null points..
  • Options
    Russia can’t not cheat can they!
    I think its funny that the Russian Anti Doping Agency just lifted her suspension so she could compete 
  • Options
    Not looking good for GB in the medals table. Do you think we'll actually win anything or will it be like Eurovision and null points..
    Sounds like there's a few more hopes but haven't picked up a few already that were semi expected
  • Options
    I am sure there would be some kind of ban on the Russian team competing if there was anything remotely dodgy with the Russian Anti Doping Agency ......
  • Options
    We have been pretty rubbish at these games. Painful viewing.