Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Oxford United | Saturday 19th February 2022

Comments

• Options
    Come on Tyreece tear it up. 4-3 is on.
  • Options
    1. 88'

Post update

Foul by Marcus McGuane (Oxford United).

2. 88'

Post update

Albie Morgan (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial·21s88'
    SUB 🔄 | Tyreece Campbell replaces Elliot Lee for his senior debut. 

#cafc 0 #oufc 4
    Poor kid…!!,
  • Options
    I would forgive a few tactical mistakes if it looked like Jackson was trying something new and adventurous. 

It just looks like the same old rubbish. Other than a 3-5-2 does he actually have anything in his locker? 
  • Options
    Morgan has a point there. 4 times Brannagan has taken him out.
  • Options
    Pathetic, I think Jackson will do well to keep his job after this , sometimes one awful performance can be enough to get yourself fired as Lee Johnson showed at Sunderland 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Wow... Only 3mins added, referee is taking pity on us

Should be way more than that
  • Options

90' An outstanding point-blank save from MacGillivray to keep out Williams #cafc 0 #oufc 4
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

90+1 Three minutes added. #cafc 0 #oufc 4
  • Options
    JJ could be under pressure after this…..
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I genuinely hate Oxford. 
    Time wasting at 0-0
    Time wasting at 0-1
    Time wasting at 0-2
    Time wasting at 0-3
    Cynical. Genuinely pathetic. 
    Yeah, we were rubbish, but there’s no joy in football like that. 

Same in the game at their place. Time wasting and play acting. Constantly breaking up the flow of the game, we never got going. That and having no ball boys and being slow with new balls when the match ball disappeared into the car park. Deeply cynical.
  • Options
    bye bye Jacko
    Jason Euell next in line. 
  • Options
    Why don't Brownie give it a rest with the constant love affair with the opposition, this week it is Oxford
    sick of hearing how wonderful they are at time wasting or whatever it is, don't need to hear it ffs
    I can't listen to Brownie on the commentary. 

He's great on the Scott Minto show, but no more commentary from Brownie, please.

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Remember when someone said Gilbey was one of the classiest midfielders in rhe league? Well, that is what a classy midfielder does (and doesn't) do
    And as lots of people have said to you previously mate when Morgan is our best option in midfield we are well and truly in the shit lol
  • Options
    bye bye Jacko
    bye bye Jacko
    Please god no.
  • Options
    We're lucky this isn't six or seven. 
  • Options
    Oxford United FC@OUFCOfficial·54s9⃣0⃣+1

CLOSE! Sykes forces another good save from the goalkeeper

#CAFC 0-4 #OUFC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Garrymanilow said: 
    So when we look crap in the first half it’s because of the formation but when we look crap in the second half, it’s the players.

Maybe it’s just the players no matter how you shuffle the pack.
    Who picks them? 

Who bought them?
    The bloke picking them is picking the best of a bad bunch.

The recruitment is a discussion for another day. I agree it’s grim.
    No, I don't think he has today. Three centre backs on the bench and we've lined up with a left back and a centre mid in a back three. Can't square that
    How does that square with the fact that we’ve changed formation and looked no better?

Our best period of this game was the first fifteen minutes when playing with those players.
    So you are in favour to keep the defensive setup that has secured us 2 clean sheets in the last 13 matches?

But are writing off changing the formation because we conceded when chasing the game?
    Made up stats that will become accepted as fact don’t help.

Fleetwood
    Plymouth
    Cambridge
    Ipswich
    Sunderland
    Doncaster

All in clean sheets under Jacko.
    Its not made up at all. Here's our last 13 matches, goals conceded:

Oxford - 4 (so far)
    Wigan - 2
    Bolton - 2
    Wimbledon - 2
    Portsmouth - 1
    Hartlepool - 2
    Fleetwood - 0
    Cheltenham - 1
    Crewe - 2
    Norwich - 1
    MK Dons - 0
    Wycombe - 1
    Plymouth - 1

Woeful. Absolutely woeful.

And its getting worse.

Ohhhh so you’re including cup games and conveniently cutting off the stat just before we had three clean sheets in a row.
    Yes, I said last 13 matches. And 1 of those cup games was 1 of our clean sheets!
    It’s incredibly cherry picked. 

If we keep it recent, five in a row without a clean sheet is concerning but Pompey we were already two nil up and Wimbledon scored both of their goals from set pieces which are nothing to do with a formation. Wigan and Bolton were expected to score goals. Today has been embarrassing whichever way we’ve been set up.
  • Options
    56 years of supporting this club and this is without doubt the biggest bunch of gutless cunts I've ever seen 
    At least the shit of the Parkinson/Powell season were actually shit.  This lot shouldn't be in the bottom 3rd of the 3rd division. 
  • Options
    Not sure Jacko wants this job. 

IF that's the case, the question has to be 'why'.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    56 years of supporting this club and this is without doubt the biggest bunch of gutless cunts I've ever seen 
    At least the shit of the Parkinson/Powell season were actually shit.  This lot shouldn't be in the bottom 3rd of the 3rd division. 
    Table suggests otherwiswe
  • Options
    FT 0-4
  • Options
    Well that was painful.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Leuth said:
    Remember when someone said Gilbey was one of the classiest midfielders in rhe league? Well, that is what a classy midfielder does (and doesn't) do
    I remember when people were saying that Gilbey (along with Dobbo and Fraser) would be the "best midfield in the league" 😂
    I am old enough to remember when Gilbey Dobson and Lee WAS the best midfield in the divison........ 
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrZRrzfMF3o

Can't be arsed to wait for the final whistle... B)
  • Options
    For those interested 

FT details

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60357166
  • Options
    Poor all round.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!