Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Q&A with Murray and Chappell - Cancelled. Now 09/07/09

A question and answer evening has been arranged by the Fans Forum for Thursday 25th June 2009 for season ticket holders at the Valley with Richard Murray and Derek Chappell.

All Season ticket holders for the upcoming season are invited along with one guest.

Further details will be relased shortly.

Comments

• OK, so who's volunteering to take Seth Plum along as their guest so he can ask about Steve Waggott's wages?
  • 25th June, I assume by the date mentioned that there will be no major changes in the club ownership or management in the next month.
  • Seth- i reckon that migt be a case of 2+2= 5
  • [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]25th June, I assume by the date mentioned that there will be no major changes in the club ownership or management in the next month.

What's that saying about assume?
  • Nice one, Fans' Forum.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]25th June, I assume by the date mentioned that there will be no major changes in the club ownership or management in the next month.

What's that saying about assume?

It may be their way of saying goodbye to a small selection of Charlton fans a few weeks after the richest man in the world has taken over our club, or it could be the first available date that suits all concerned.
  • Nice one. I hope to attend this one.

and seth never assume. What about the time Ben arranged Q&A at the valley for dowie... he got sacked a day before.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Nice one. I hope to attend this one.

and seth never assume. What about the time Ben arranged Q&A at the valley for dowie... he got sacked a day before.

That was just bad planning on his part!
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Nice one. I hope to attend this one.

Not even my planning. The Club arranged it all.
  • Is it a desperate attempt to sell a few more season tickets?
  • Sponsored links:

[cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Nice one. I hope to attend this one.

Not even my planning. The Club arranged it all.

Don't try and pass the buck, this silence on what is going on is obviously your fault as well. You did sit on the board after all!
  • edited May 2009
    Be like that. I was going to whisper you with all the inside gossip but not now!!!!!!
  • edited May 2009
    Surely that should have been said on the Takeover thread!
  • BUMP.....an opportunity to come along and have your say and hear a reply direct from the horses mouth.
  • [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]BUMP.....an opportunity to come along and have your say and hear a reply direct from the horses mouth.

If there is something going on and that is a big if, they have kept things quiet for a reason and so asking them a direct question at one of these things will not get the answer you want.
  • Is it for season ticket holders of the season just finished, or the one coming?
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]BUMP.....an opportunity to come along and have your say and hear a reply direct from the horses mouth.

If there is something going on and that is a big if, they have kept things quiet for a reason and so asking them a direct question at one of these things will not get the answer you want.

especially if we are in the middle of due diligence.
  • I'm beginning not to believe anything they say anyway.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I'm beginning not to believe anything they say anyway.

They don't say anything at the moment so what is there not to believe?
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I'm beginning not to believe anything they say anyway.

They don't say anything at the moment so what is there not to believe?

they do sometimes, you just have to be there to hear it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2009
    OK, I may be a tad trusting but I honestly believe that Murray has always and will always act in what he thinks is the best interest of the club. He also would not not deliberately mislead supporters and we have been spoilt in the past in the way they have shared information with us. We are still far better off than most clubs with our relationship with the board and if everything was rosey no one would be moaning (apart from Golfie)
  • Agree totally with cfgs, Richard Murry is a Charlton man and has the club's best interest at heart. So do we want to be taken over by business men that aren't? I've always been proud of the way Charlton carry themselves and do business (certainly since I’ve supported them), would outsiders do the same?
    I hope to go to this event when further details are announced, it should be a great night.
  • If im not on holiday I shall attend :)
  • Any news yet on how you get tickets for this?
  • We are just trying to work it out in all fairness....I'll post it up once a decision has been agreed.
  • Can I have 1 ?
  • [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]We are just trying to work it out in all fairness....I'll post it up once a decision has been agreed.

Ex- Supporters Directors on the guest list obviously. The rest of the riff-raff can fight it out for what's left :- )
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]We are just trying to work it out in all fairness....I'll post it up once a decision has been agreed.

Ex- Supporters Directors on the guest list obviously. The rest of the riff-raff can fight it out for what's left :- )

& his carpet fitter.........

;-)
  • edited June 2009
    Not forgetting his carpet fitters agent!
  • Will season tickets be sent out by then? Can never remember it being that early before, but what other proof could be provided of being a genuine 2009/10 season ticket holder other than the ticket? I'm hoping this is cancelled in due course or it is re-billed a farewell drinks and if it were I would happily buy RM a glass or 10 of whatever he wants, as the man has done us proud over so many years and is clearly doing his best to try attract investment that would provide us with a sounder footing for our onward development.