Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Laurence Bassini - Telegraph claims he's bought Birmingham subject to EFL approval (p8)

Comments

• Options
    Remember, Bassini was going to ask for Charlton to be wound up a few months ago.

That was laughed away by TS and it is now forgotten.

I suspect that what Bassini wants is his name in the papers/twitter again.

He has no intention of buying Brum, probably doesn't have the money either but so what.

I think the story about being funded by Sullivan is pretty accurate. So might not have the money himself but looks like a dodgy way to get Sullivan Birmingham is in the works. And of course Bassini gets to be a 'player' for a bit. 
    Unfortunately, I fear you are right. People I have spoken to also think the Sullivan story has legs. In which case with the EFL tests as they stand he is home and hosed, as he has no current actual criminal convictions, and can pass the new “tougher” Source and Sufficiency Test with Sullivan’s money. 

Just another reason why we need an Independent Football Regulator…
  • Options
    Rather have Bassini than someone who plays guitar and wears sunglasses....

Irony alert
    She was playing his banjo string.
  • Options
    But if sullivan wants a beard to do a back door purchase why of all people choose Bassini?

Someone who will draw attention and unwanted scrutiny when he could pick just about anyone else.

Sounds far too far fetched.
    Fair point. Maybe cos he wants someone to muck up quick. Bassini will default very quickly you’d imagine. 
  • Options
    But if sullivan wants a beard to do a back door purchase why of all people choose Bassini?

Someone who will draw attention and unwanted scrutiny when he could pick just about anyone else.

That was my feeling too, but actually I've heard others say pretty much what @cafcfan1990 said in answer to you. 

Personally I don't even get why Sullivan would even want anything to do with Brum any more but these people live on a  different planet
  • Options

In a nutshell really. There must be hundreds of businessmen less likely to draw attention to a dodgy takeover than Bassini.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    The final company is listed as Bassini Parsno lettings. Dr Shirin Parsno is listed in the group of directors for the larger company but not listed in the company with her name attached. Seems a bit odd. A quick Google has her listed as a dentist in kensington. Not sure what relevance she has but just something I noticed and thought was strange
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Was going to say they would be on the way for a pre season tour of Thailand, but Swisdom has brutally beaten me to it. 

DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK if you're on a work device
    Pretty sure honourable members of parliament have opened worse whilst sat in the green leather seats....

I'm intrigued now. 
    I tagged my Birmingham supporting mate, who wasn’t impressed haha! You’re not missing much, other than Big Laurence isn’t so big 🤣
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Surely EFL won't pass him!! 
    If he’s got the money, they will have to swallow it, 

• Options
    The final company is listed as Bassini Parsno lettings. Dr Shirin Parsno is listed in the group of directors for the larger company but not listed in the company with her name attached. Seems a bit odd. A quick Google has her listed as a dentist in kensington. Not sure what relevance she has but just something I noticed and thought was strange
    Yes, we clocked her. The Head of Dossiers immediately started us looking for a possible connection to our well known former  owner, the “dental accountant” Craig Freeman. 🤣

But the trail went cold. Not a bad shout though, eh?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Surely EFL won't pass him!! 
    If he’s got the money, they will have to swallow it
    Theyll have to find it first....
  • Options
    Yes, we clocked her. The Head of Dossiers immediately started us looking for a possible connection to our well known former  owner, the “dental accountant” Craig Freeman. 🤣

But the trail went cold. Not a bad shout though, eh?
    That’s an odd list of people - no obvious wealth, no football backgrounds for most of them. It’s like the names have been pulled out of a hat. 
  • Options

Birmingham City: MP calls on government to block sale of club to Laurence Bassini

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61812825
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wtf 
    a bluffer 
    is he saying David Sullivan backing him ?
    are you allowed to be involved in two clubs (I presume he’s still involved at West Ham )

he’s putting in £10m but getting a loan for it 

He’s about as fit and proper as half the shit we’ve had playing for us over this shithouse period in our history 
  • Options
    Absolutely crazy interview. 
  • Options
    massive grift 
  • Options
    This will collapse. I still maintain there's no way the EFL approve him
  • Options
    Even hearing him speak makes my skin itch - looked him up on Wiki - twice bankrupt, and the judge’s comments about him tell you all you need to know…..
  • Options
    It's amazing how these people just rock up, commission loads of legal work, do a load of meeting & greeting and DD and then just end up being bunked off (as I imagine this will end), in schemes that were doomed to failure from the start.

I'm annoyed when I miss out on a discount code and you've got people running up the till on lawyers and financial advisors for what may as well be imaginary deals!
  • Options
    It makes you wonder why Sullivan is using him to use his money. Surely Sullivan knows his reputation and I assume if he gets in at Brum, Sullivan will be leaving West Ham
  • Options
    Actually scrap that, if he's not going to be on the board of directors (as he said), then does he need to pass the OADT?
  • Options
    Actually scrap that, if he's not going to be on the board of directors (as he said), then does he need to pass the OADT?
    Yes - it’s an owners and directors test, not just directors 
  • Options

Fair point. Maybe cos he wants someone to muck up quick. Bassini will default very quickly you’d imagine. 
    Sullivan holds >=10% of WHUFC doesn't he?  That precludes him from controlling 10% or more of any other English football club
    If he's sold his stake in the irons we'd have heard about it

Also 99.99% of everything that fat twat with the tiny cock says proves to be 110% bullshit
    Plenty money on EFL approving that fat twat with the tiny cock as a club owner or director - the EFL proves over and over again it can't organise a piss up in a brewery nor does it care one flying frig for the integrity of the game.