Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

JOIN A Q&A WITH BEN GARNER AT THE VALLEY

The club are excited to welcome supporters to The Valley next week for an exclusive Q&A with Charlton Manager Ben Garner.

At the event supporters will be able to put their questions to Garner, who will be joined by men’s first-team coaches Scott Marshall and Anthony Hayes.

Season-ticket holders will be able to reserve their place from 1pm on Wednesday, with non season-ticket holders able to reserve their place from 1pm on Friday.

The event will run from 7pm – 8.30pm on Thursday, September 22nd and fans can also reserve their place at the event through the club’s supporters’ group. To find out more information about a supporters’ group that is relevant to you, just click here.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/join-qa-ben-garner-valley

Comments

• Solidgone said:
    Any chance of this being broadcasted live on Charlton TV (or zoom)?
    No old school meeting. Be there to ask the questions 
  • This looks like it will be very jolly
    And empty
  • edited September 2022
    This looks like it will be very jolly
    And empty
    Don't get me started on the brewery and piss up style organisation of this.
  • This could be fun. 
    And empty
    Don't get me started on the brewery and piss up style organisation of this.
    With no dependable & professional Olly G to conduct the meeting, I wonder who might be "doing the honours" ....

Surely not our Micro Manager, RM ! 
  • Assuming Garner has any appreciation at all of how the last couple of games are perceived by the Addickted, the prospect of facing several of them for questions ought to be daunting indeed.
    Is he going to be permitted to be frank about the transfer window?
    Is he prepared for criticism of his tactics/style/whatever?  I'm guessing, narrow defeats to decent sides and struggling against dross like FGR are not indicative of his ambition?
    Distance and finances will keep me away but I'm looking forward to the transcript.  FWIW revelations and self-awareness are not expected. 
  • seth plum said:
    I would ask him why our disciplinary record is so bad, what he is going to do about it, and if being yellow carded himself on the sidelines sets a good example.
    I know referees are sometimes rubbish Ben, but blimmin deal with it man!
    Our disciplinary record last and this season have been appalling (not all Ben's fault ofc) - hope someone does raise it.

• Sponsored links:

• Am I right in thinking that there is a charge of £10 to attend this event? I remember on past occasions Q&As with Sir Chris and Phil Parkinson being free. No way am I paying for this! 
  • Am I right in thinking that there is a charge of £10 to attend this event? I remember on past occasions Q&As with Sir Chris and Phil Parkinson being free. No way am I paying for this! 
    It is free entry, season ticket holders can now apply for tickets here https://booking.cafc.co.uk/, hover over  tours & experiences & click on events.
  • Thanks for that. Got my free ticket now. 
    You're possibly getting it confused with the CAST Back to the Valley event in October, which is a tenner a ticket, and has a Q&A at the beginning.
    You won’t be able to ask unless your in. But by time your in you would know because your in. If you pay to get in you’ll know the answer but won’t be able to ask the question. If it’s free you won’t need to ask because you will know you didn’t pay. I think it would be better to come up with a better question. 
  • That reasonable question was politely answered by clive and resolved my problem…
  • Invitation email says Thu 22, but the purchase confirmation says Fri 23. Anyone knows when it actually is?
  • edited September 2022
    Invitation email says Thu 22, but the purchase confirmation says Fri 23. Anyone knows when it actually is?
    Very confusing. I’m expecting it is Thurs 22nd bearing in mind Ben needs to focus on travelling to & being ready for Barnsley away on 24th.

Hopefully this one is as well attended as the packed out city addicks Q&A with Karl Robinson & Jacko a few years back.
  • It's on 22nd
  • Sponsored links:

• It's on 22nd
    Thanks for the confirmation @Henry Irving.

Hopefully people who have booked are lifers and see this as the tickets come through with ‘23rd Sept’ as the event date after you book.
  • It's on 22nd
    3 x £2 (£6)
  • Will he be given a list of the questions beforehand or randomly on the night?

Just wondering if they’ll all be carefully scripted and towing the party line.

Cant see how he can be frank, and imagine answers will be well manicured.
  • The club is likely to fold if we don’t attend 
  • Think Garner will come across really well and hope he is allowed the opportunity to be open and honest, as much as he can. The questions asked will be the most important thing, hopefully less run of the mill and more meaningful. 
  • Will he be given a list of the questions beforehand or randomly on the night?

Just wondering if they’ll all be carefully scripted and towing the party line.

Cant see how he can be frank, and imagine answers will be well manicured.
    It will be spun, managed and a waste of time like most of these things are.

A few irrelevant tidbits thrown out to keep the spods happy.

Everyone will leave thinking 'why on earth wasn't *that* asked' and 'he didn't really answer the question about *that*, did he?'
  • What often happens is that questions are invited to be submitted in advance in writing to somebody like a head honcho. The head honcho then kind of concertinas similar questions into one amalgamation.
    I understand this is supposed to be to avoid repetition.
    Not really my cup of tea to have my question ‘interpreted’ by somebody if I have taken care over the wording.
    The Robinson and Jackson meeting mentioned above was a good one because we were able to ask unfiltered questions in our own words directly.
  • I have a sneaky feeling that the transfer window lack of a striker purchase will be front and centre. It’s going to be quite some composite question. 
  • Did anyone get charged £1.50 for the free event?
    I started the process and it was showing the fee so stopped.
    I don't know if the fee levied would have later been removed (wanky system).