Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans Forum - we need some noise from the Chairmen now.

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
Can't you guys demand an emergency meeting with the Chairmen? we need a statement of intent now and clarification of the position, even a "wait and see" or "business as usual" to calm the natives, some sort of reassurance.

Us fans of the club can not stand by and let the harm that this defeaning silence is doing continue, or are we just being impatient?

Comments

• c'est la vie !
  • edited June 2009
    If there are talks regarding a takeover still ongoing then we are impatient (me included) If the takeover is off or was never on then the silence is indefenceable.
  • why?

you're only winding yourself up

this deafening silence only means one thing

NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!!!!!

:-D
  • I blame the season ticket holders
  • edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]why?

you're only winding yourself up

this deafening silence only means one thing

NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!!!!!

:-D

this silence in preseason is unprecendented even for us, all of those who have invested in season tickets with their hard earned cash deserve a statement of some kind. The FF Fans Forum are supposed to represent us, so come on guys.
  • Agree razil. The OS are leading about the Community Trust and swapping seats ! Unbelievable.
  • ok folks sign up if you agree - its time to make a stand
  • Even if there isn't a takeover, the current board should stand down asap.

They have betrayed the trust of every Charlton fan.
  • [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Even if there isn't a takeover, the current board should stand down asap.

They have betrayed the trust of every Charlton fan.
    Don't be stupid. If there isn't a takeover, then if the board stand down who's running, and more importantly paying for, the club?
  • lets keep this sensible, however I do worry about a Board who seem to take their core support many of whom are represented here - so much for granted.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]lets keep this sensible, however I do worry about a Board who seem to take their core support many of whom are represented here - so much for granted.

As has been said before. This all hinges on any takeover. If the silence is because of a confidentiality agreement then fine but if not then the talk of taking supporters for granted would look very possible.
  • I'm sure you can read between the lines.

Either the club is being dicked about by a supposedly interested party or someone senior on the board is not playing ball.

Its gone on long enough now though and the truth needs to start coming to the surface. I'm hopeful it will soon. If the club is tied into some form of priority bidder arrangement and a silence attached to that, i'm sure this must be up by now, or coming to its end soon.
  • Think the Club are between a rock & a hard place at the moment if they are negoatiating some form of Takeover.

However, if there is no Takeover ongoing in the background then the action or lack thereof from our Board about where we are going what we are doing going forward is well quite frankly inexcusable.

I am hedging my bets on the former though in which case a few people need to bite their tongue ...count to ten...breathe etc
  • yes, we are in to damage territory, the club needs a confirmed manager and a statement of intent, to rescue our preseason and give us some chance of stabilising this slide - it needs to be now, not in 2 weeks time when opportunities have been lost.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]If there are talks regarding a takeover still ongoing then we are impatient (me included) If the takeover is off or was never on then the silence is indefenceable.

that is my view too.

having no way of knowing which of the 2 scenarios SHG mentions is going on makes it difficult to make demands of the board. the only way we'll know is if they come out and tell us... and then our demands for confirmation will have been fulfilled anyway. I heard Joseph Heller is behind the takeover... ;-)
  • I have a deep respect for RM but its hard to keep faith in a board that have overseen such poor decisions in the past, is this just another in a long line. Do we really want to end up where Southampton have, cos we kept the faith?
  • [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]I blame the season ticket holders

What...you don't blame Curbs....that's novel!!
  • Curbs might be a potential investor so there is still scope..
  • AFKA has probably hit the spot. Frustrating though. I want to enjoy the build up to the friendlies etc etc but can`t seem to move past this obstruction of silence. I will be patient. I will, I will.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Curbs might be a potential investor so there is still scope..

Don't say that Raz...DFT will top himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Presently Im told both the chairmen are unavailable......its not long now until the 9th...we are all feeling frustrated, but I guess we have to just be patient for now and just wait and see what, if anything develops.
  • I'm not panicking...........yet !

I'm waiting for the 1st pre-season game v Welling and then the Q&A with RM and Derek Chappel the following evening. If Parky is still in charge by then I would assume he is still in charge for the forthcoming season and questins will be asked then. Also we should have a better idea of playing staff by then too.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Think the Club are between a rock & a hard place at the moment if they are negoatiating some form of Takeover.

However, if there is no Takeover ongoing in the background then the action or lack thereof from our Board about where we are going what we are doing going forward is well quite frankly inexcusable.

I am hedging my bets on the former though in which case a few people need to bite their tongue ...count to ten...breathe etc

Ketman, as usual - your thoughts mirror mine and save me typing it all out.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'm sure you can read between the lines.

Either the club is being dicked about by a supposedly interested party or someone senior on the board is not playing ball.

Its gone on long enough now though and the truth needs to start coming to the surface. I'm hopeful it will soon. If the club is tied into some form of priority bidder arrangement and a silence attached to that, i'm sure this must be up by now, or coming to its end soon.
    Think that's a logic-jump AFKA. These things take a while - lots of cash involved. Current owners will be taking a massive hit. New owners will want to ensure there's enough cash for recovery. It's taking a while, but I think these things do.
  • Would we be getting this wall of silence if season tickets weren't (by all accounts) selling reasonably well and would those tickest have sold so well but for rumours of Parkinson going and the club being taken over?

I really do think that the club have taken the fans loyality for granted.
  • [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]Would we be getting this wall of silence if season tickets weren't (by all accounts) selling reasonably well and would those tickest have sold so well but for rumours of Parkinson going and the club being taken over?

I really do think that the club have taken the fans loyality for granted.

Completely disagree.
  • Paradoxically, the longer the silence goes on, the more hopeful I feel. I just can't bring myself to believe that the club would treat us in the way that some fear.
  • If a takeover was in the offing then surely the club would subtly announce that discussions were currently ongoing but due to confidentiality no details can be released at present.

That way at least we would respect that and not get over excited a'la zabeel in case nothing came of it. Doubt they are witholding anything to keep it out of the media as i really dont think the press would be that interested in spending too much time digging around to find out about a possible takeover of 3rd division Charlton until there was something concrete.
  • [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]If a takeover was in the offing then surely the club would subtly announce that discussions were currently ongoing but due to confidentiality no details can be released at present.
    What if the prospective buyers did not want to release details for fear of hiking the price up due to other investors possibly coming in?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    What if the prospective buyers did not want to release details for fear of hiking the price up due to other investors possibly coming in?

lol there really can't be that many bunch of nut nut investors willing to piss their money up the wall on a football team