Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tranmere Away

edited August 2009 in Match Day Travel
A mere 2 hours from me , more or less a home game ! Il be spending the morning enjoying the sights, sounds and bars of the city of liverpool.

Any other lifers going ?

Comments

• I'm giving it a miss due to the engineering works and because it clashes with Petts Woodstock!
  • Mathew St festival weekend in Liverpool as well. Loads going on (Sunday & Monday in the main) so worth staying over. Live Bands on stages all round the City Centre and in bars. All free (music that is) bring your own beer (cans no bottles for obvious reasons). Brill occasion.

As I live in the Noth West now will be my first chance to see the boys this season (hopefully maintaining the 100% record!!!).
  • Matthew Street Festival is probably the worst music festival in Britain. It's all (and I mean ALL) tribute bands. Who the hell wants to watch a tribute band? Sheesh.
  • [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Matthew Street Festival is probably the worst music festival in Britain. It's all (and I mean ALL) tribute bands. Who the hell wants to watch a tribute band? Sheesh.

Each to his own. It most certainly isn't the "worst music festival in Britain" otherwise it wouldn't be so internationally renowned and so popular year after year after year. It isn't all tribute bands but those that are are very very good!
  • I'll be there hopefully :)
  • I'm going. Trains don't look good though
  • Coach ftw!
  • I simply cannot sit on a coach for that long
  • Airman do you know if theres any coach tickets left?
  • We''re into the second coach - still seats available and we will put on a third if there is enough interest early next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• ah quality mate, cheers for the quick comeback
  • Hadn't realised just how bad the trains were!
  • I'll be going with my 3 trusty companions.

At £9.50, it's a steal !
  • Probably going
  • Really can't endure the coach journey. Also having a lorra trouble planning the train route. How have you guys solved the problems please? We're coming from Kent but happy to make a long weekend of it, as unbelievably, I've never done the Liverpool tourist bit.
  • i'll be driving, the train looks an absolute jaunt and i'm never doing a coach again...

if anyone is stuck for a route up i've got 3/4 empty seats
  • [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Really can't endure the coach journey. Also having a lorra trouble planning the train route. How have you guys solved the problems please? We're coming from Kent but happy to make a long weekend of it, as unbelievably, I've never done the Liverpool tourist bit.

Yeah i'm in Kent too, train involves 6 changes! Think i'll drive and get a cheap travel lodge
  • [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite] Also having a lorra trouble planning the train route. How have you guys solved the problems please? .

If anyone solves a half decent train route, let me know!
  • Yes it's one of our local games
  • On the train front Marylebone to Wrexham direct is a good cheap reliable train , maybe there are trains direct to liverpool from wrexham ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Guna have to drive, it's too much grief on the train. Just need a cheap hotel now
  • JT - what do you mean too much grief on train? Pretty straightforward London - Reading- Coventry - Birmingham - Crewe - Rock Ferry - 45 quid
  • [cite]Posted By: cholland[/cite]JT - what do you mean too much grief on train? Pretty straightforward London - Reading- Coventry - Birmingham - Crewe - Rock Ferry - 45 quid

I live on the coast mate and there is works on the route up to London aswell.
  • edited August 2009
    Getting the coach from Bromley at 8am! Good match prices tbf for this one :)
  • I'm gonna be in Wales for the whole week and so am trying to convince the Mrs that, as it's not a million miles away from where we are gonna be, we can take the game in as part of our week away!!! ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]Getting the coach from Bromley at 8am! Good match prices tbf for this one :)

Only cos I went and got your tickets today, what would you do without me
  • Maybe use this thing called the telephone and get them delivered :P
  • [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]Maybe use this thing called the telephone and get them delivered :P

But:

1) Service charges & P+P charges
    2) Post strike
    3) Phone costs
  • Anyone know where abouts at Bromley North the coach will be?
  • edited August 2009
    Airman any news on ticket sales?