Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Is Slot that good? I don't remember his name being mentioned a few weeks ago, as someone being linked to the top jobs.
    Was one I think Spurs went for last summer before turning to Postecoglou.

No idea if he's any good though!
  • Options
    Is Slot that good? I don't remember his name being mentioned a few weeks ago, as someone being linked to the top jobs.
    He’ll be coining it in with a contract at Liverpool 
  • Options
    Let's hope  he's crap
  • Options
    He sounds like the slang term for a lady of the night in a scouse accent. 
  • Options
    He sounds like the slang term for a lady of the night in a scouse accent. 
    Definitely scope for puns.

'Slot dropping' players, not Slot shaming etc.
  • Options
    Wasn't Slot also linked to Leeds post Bielsa but they wouldn't pay the compo and got Jesse Marsch instead? 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Forest Green will be hard to beat, and this doesn't include caretakers.

Ian Burchnall 27/5/22 to 25/1/23 
    Duncan Ferguson 26/1/23 to 4/7/23
    David Horseman 17/7/23 to 20/12/23
    Troy Deeney 20/12/23 to 18/1/24
    Steve Cotterill 25/1/24 onwards
    Trying to set some records before they go out the EFL.
    @q
  • Options
    Am sure he'll slot into the role quite well
    let's hope he won't be a square peg slotting into a round hole 
  • Options
    Arne Slot is set to become Liverpool's next manager after a compensation deal was agreed with Feyenoord.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cn40r131z2no
  • Options

It’s understood Kevin Phillips has left Hartlepool United. Still awaiting official confirmation. Phillips leaves after 3 months in charge.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hartlepool United head coach Kevin Phillips has left the National League club following the conclusion of their 2023-24 National League campaign.

He has been replaced by former Stevenage, Yeovil Town and Woking boss Darren Sarll.

Pools said in a statement that Phillips' contract had only been to the end of campaign and it had "come to an end".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/ckmj6dyk88ro

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Not sure which thread to post this but scrolling down that thread, I came across this.

You absolutely love to see it
  • Options
    edited April 29
    Scrolling down further, derby presented themselves with a runners up trophy 😂😂😂

does that beat sheff weds bus tour through the city?
  • Options
    Scrolling down further, derby presented themselves with a runners up trophy 😂😂😂

does that beat sheff weds bus tour through the city?
    They didn't, it's an official trophy. Championship, League 1, and League 2 second place get a trophy too. 
  • Options
    Richie Wellens has just signed a new Long Term deal @ Leyton Orient.

Quite funny actually, as one of the parents at my Son's school supports them, and was saying he was heavily linked to the Barnsley job on Monday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Quite funny actually, as one of the parents at my Son's school supports them, and was saying he was heavily linked to the Barnsley job on Monday
    I imagine that rumour got him a nice pay rise at Orient!
  • Options

By signing a contract can strengthen the hand of selling club and manager, all in the name of money.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c6pygxgwwe2o

Nobby Solano has become manager of...Blyth Spartans!
  • Options
    BBC reporting that Julen Lopetegui has agreed to become the new West Ham manager.
  • Options
    Surely Ten Haag's time must be up. 4-0 defeat at Palace. 
  • Options
    18 months feels slightly optimistic for Lopertegui to last given his spell at Wolves. Find it a bit of an odd appointment unless Sullivan has offered him significant funds, which seemed to be the issue at Wolves. 

I like some of West Hams side but they do seem to be incredibly wasteful in the transfer market , especially on strikers. 
  • Options
    BBC reporting that Julen Lopetegui has agreed to become the new West Ham manager.
    They’ve now confirmed Moyes is going at the end of the season.
    Awful the way they’ve treated him.
    Hope they sink like a stone.
    They will finish lower in the league than last season, have won just 3 times in 2024, they've conceded 70 goals which is more than any side outside the bottom 3, went out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle, and Europe was probably his last chance to salvage something but they got knocked out (admittedly to a very good side).

On the face of it, i don't think he can have too many complaints at losing his job, although it obviously would've been a lot better if they'd announced it once the season ended.