Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Simple Pleasures

Following on from the Best Beach thread what simple pleasures do you enjoy? (keep it clean:-) )

For me, tired and hungry, eating fish and chips sitting on the Tankerton slopes watching the sunset.

Comments

• walking in the rain and getting soaked
  • having an ice cold corona sitting on the rocks outside Cafe Mambo while Tongy is spinning the 1's & 2's

HHhhhhhhhhheeeeaaaaven!
  • funny you should start this thread as i was only thinking yesterday how i always like that smell of stale beer you get when you walk past a pub about 11am as it reminds me of past days off in seaside resorts in good company when you all decided that a pint or two was in order...
  • sitting indoors watching my yorkshire puddings/cakes rise, whilst covered in a duvet in my pyjamas, sat on the sofa looking out the window with the rain lashing down knowing i dont have to go out. :-)
  • edited February 2007
    waking up in a panic when its light and asking what day it is and being told saturday and then falling back to sleep with a grin on your face knowing you don't have to get up yet.

i also like sneezing.
  • reading this as "Reasons to be cheerful" plays on the radio.

Listening to BBC London
    Sitting in the sun reading a book.
    Lazing in a hammock with a beer.
    A bag of chips (has to be wrapped in a cone shape) on the way home from the pub
    Breaking the seal on a new jar of coffee (yes, I know, very Freudian)
  • edited February 2007
    wierdo (that was to suzisausage re sneezing)
  • [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]funny you should start this thread as i was only thinking yesterday how i always like that smell of stale beer you get when you walk past a pub about 11am as it reminds me of past days off in seaside resorts in good company when you all decided that a pint or two was in order...

You'll be in your element when the smoking ban comes in, ltgtr, since that's what all the pubs will smell like...they already do in Scotland now.
  • kicking a football back. i can't help myself and just have to get it.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]waking up in a panic when its light and asking what day it is and being told saturday and then falling back to sleep with a grin on your face knowing you don't have to get up yet.

i also like sneezing.

waking up, the second you think you are 17 again before reality kicks in again.

The sneezing thing is a bit Freudian as well
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]wierdo (that was to suzisausage re sneezing)

its different to having a cold. a random sneeze that has been coming for ages, when it finally happens is such a relief. i love it.
  • [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]kicking a football back. i can't help myself and just have to get it.

I'm the same!
  • running during a summer rain storm (splashing in puddles generally is great fun)
    picking a scab
  • waking up and seeing the pretty new snow and a whole new clean slab to get my footprints into!!!!!
  • agree with peakey and sooz, sneezing and kicking a football back at the same time is ace!

agree with henry, in the sun reading a book whilst drinking a spliff and smoking a beer!
  • "waking up in a panic when its light and asking what day it is and being told saturday and then falling back to sleep with a grin on your face knowing you don't have to get up yet"

That is the best feeling in the world..........
  • When you remember that your friends are just that.
    Walking.
    Cup of tea and a jam scone.
    The smell of S&V rising off of a bag of chips.
    Sunshine.
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite] drinking a spliff and smoking a beer!

think u have already mate
  • Tankerton Slopes eh Len?

My parents live in the flats next to the Marine Hotel, the ones on the right as look at the hotel. I love sitting on their balcony on a summers evening watching the sun go down over Southend.
    If you see a couple of boys palying football on the grass during the summer it will probably be my two. Kick their ball back if you can.....
  • 1. Fishing in the fjord at the end of my "in laws" garden. So quiet and the scenery is stunning.

2. Polishing my Valley Gold following an FA cup away draw.
  • Sponsored links:

• i agree with Suzi on sneezing, love it.

getting into bed when the sheets are just washed, fresh and crisp
    laying on a lilo in a swimming pool
    reading a book on a deckchair
    seeing a toddler really laughing
    watching a film and completely switching off, realising you've thought about nothing else in the last hour
    having a pint having gone a few does without one
    necking a cold glass of water when dehydrated
    eating a mint chop chip cornetto in summer
    looking out a plane window at the carpet of cloud underneath
    someone giving you an unexpected compliment
    doing a favour for a friend and knowing they really appreciated it
    seeing the family together at Christmas
    smoking a ciggie with a pint
    eating honey-roasted peanuts with a pint
    finding every woman attractive after a pint
    having a snooze on a sunday afternoon
    walking up Floyd Road on a sunny matchday
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]kicking a football back. i can't help myself and just have to get it.

I'm the same!

a couple of years ago some young oiks kept playing football near my house and the ball kept bouncing off of cars and windows much to everybody's annoyance and generally i took it upon myself let them know of our displeasure and to increase their knowledge of anglo-saxon phrases when they started up...then one day I was outside getting something out of the car and the ball accidently/deliberatly comes in my direction...suddenly that sunday morning footballer instinct took over and, without thinking, i nonchalantly tapped it back, only i must have caught it in the sweet spot and it went like a rocket, straight at one of these lads and whacked him hard...they all looked totally shocked and just stared at me...things looked nasty for a moment then i says that's how you kick a ball...they never did come back after that...

mind you, why their parents were letting their 5 year old kids play in the road beats me...
  • Playing on my Decks to myself in my room with no one complaining 'It's too loud' or 'have you got an Abba'.
    or
    Chilling somewhere in Ibiza after a heavy 36 hour session dozing in the sun with a pint of San Miguel.
  • Waking up on a Saturday / Sunday morning to find my 5yr old cuddled up next to me
  • Walking in the snow.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    smoking a ciggie with a pint

Disgusting habit!!
  • Dancing to some quality Trance when I'm absolutely off my tits!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]'have you got an Abba'.

i read that too quickly and saw "have you got an asbo"
  • edited February 2007
    Oops typed too quickly. 'Have you got an ASBO?' that would have to be the most insulting thing anyone could say to me & anyone else for that matter ! LOL
  • Making my little girl laugh

Walking the dogs , rain or shine

A fry up

A pint in the sun