Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**CL Shirt Sponsorship 2009/10 ** Update - Please Read

I've agreed with AFKA to see how much actual interest there is in sponsoring a shirt or shirts this season.

If anyone is willing to put in £10 or a multiple of that please let me know.

If we get enough pledges I will then start collecting hard cash or cheques from you in advance. Sorry but after some people didn't pay last year and left AFKA short I feel that is the only fair way.

When all the cash is in I'll come back to all and those that contributed can vote on which shirt to sponsor from those that are left.

Last year we sponsored two shirts so if we get enough we can look at a second, perhaps an away shirt.

Along with the signed shirt there will also be 2 places at the shirt sponsors dinner in May which all the players and management attend.

Last season a draw was made for the shirts and dinner places and unless someone has a better idea I suggest we do the same again this year.

Please add you name below and how much you want to put in (multiples of £10 only please)

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Aye.

£10 but will go to £20 if we are close but not quite close enough....
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Aye.

Secondeded !
  • edited September 2009
    Cheers Len

Len Glover (£10 maybe £20)

Henry Irving (£10)

MOG (£10 maybe £20)
  • Me - don't mind either
  • 10 from me. And if we get more offers then perhaps AFKAs debt can be paid out of that.

and anyone who offers again who didnt pay should be named and shamed. tight arses (god i hope it werent me).
  • Len Glover (£10 maybe £20)

Henry Irving (£10)

MOG (£10 maybe £20)

AFKA (£10 maybe £20)
  • CHG (£10 maybe £20)
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]10 from me. And if we get more offers then perhaps AFKAs debt can be paid out of that.

Agree with that
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]

and anyone who offers again who didnt pay should be named and shamed. tight arses

I will send you round to sort them out B : - )
  • How much do we need?
  • £10.00 for me

how much was owed to you AFKA? you should not be out of pocket!
  • Sponsored links:

• £10 from me (maybe £20)

Agree that any debt to AFKA should be paid out of this year's takings if possible.
    I think I gave mine to Curb_It, so hope it got to him! ;-)
  • £10 from me
  • I'm happy to do £10, but can go to £20 if need be.
  • there is no debt, move on please.

This thread is about this years. So that it is easier for HI / me to track, please can you just reply with your interest, ta
  • So far £100 rising to £170

Len Glover (£10 maybe £20)

Henry Irving (£10)

MOG (£10 maybe £20)

AFKA (£10 maybe £20)

CHG (£10 maybe £20)

Weggie (£10 maybe £20)

Curb it (£10)

JohnnyH2 (£10)

Revellinit (£10 maybe £20)

Plaaayer (£10 maybe £20)
  • Would it be possible for anyone to set up a paypal account to receive funds from those overseas? I've needed to buy bank cheques in sterling for sponsorships for other clubs this year -- a total rip-off from the currency exchange company.

I sent a check in U.S. dollars for CL's sponsorship last year and do not know if this caused problems for AFKA, but imagine it could have.

In any event I am in for 50 quid and agree with the process as set out by Henry.
  • I've no idea about Paypal but if some knows how to do these things.

College, could you get someone in the UK to send a cheque on your behalf?
  • Would be easier for me to buy a bank cheque.

No need to do anything in addition to accommodate me.

I can:

1) send the money to someone contributing to the CL Shirt Sponsorship fund who does have a paypal account and ask them to pass it on.

or

2) send a personal check drawn in U.S. dollars

or

3) buy a bank cheque drawn in sterling from the local currency exchange outfit
  • I'll do a tenner chaps.
  • College, i had no problems paying in the cheque you sent last year, though it was originally worrying receiving a cheque from the 'Bank of Chevvy Chase' !!

Just to confirm it will be on the same format as last year, names, names will be entered into a hat for the dinner places, signed shirts etc. Each entry in the hat is £10, so if you pledge £20, your name will be entered twice.
  • Sponsored links:

• £20 from me
  • (£10 maybe £20) from me.
  • edited September 2009
    £20 from me ( my vote is for Jonjo)
  • £10 from me
  • £10 from me
  • £10 from me
  • Had a few whispers so if everyone who say they go to £20 does so and my maths is right we are £10 away from an away shirt and £60 from a home shirt.

Of course if the pledges keep coming we could get both.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Aye.

Yes me too
  • OK, we now have enough, if those who offered go to £20 for an away shirt.

Keep the pledges coming and we'll have enough for an home or both.
  • £20 for me