Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

IT HAS TO BE CITY - Potential subsidy, travel arrangements

With regard to club subsidising away travel,it has got to be the City game.They can't afford to leave it till Blackburn in case things go tits up in between.Then in will be a waste of time with no one takin up the offer.We need to campaign who agrees?

Comments

• wholeheartedly agree - the City game is massive
  • We need to campaign who agrees?

Me.
  • I agree - we need to win, win, win the games on the way to this one, see how the land lies for them and then go there in numbers to cheer our team on to a victory to really drag City into it. I am going and singing whether someone provides me with a coach or not.
  • we need to campaign for as many fans to travel as possible. If the club chooses not to back it, then that is down to them.

Of course it would be preferencial and supportive, but on the other hand we can't expect to be spoon-fed the whole time. Hopefully it will mean enough to enough people to do it anyway.
  • One match is a massive six pointer.
    Whereas one match is much more winnable than the other.
  • i reckon if we are in a decent position, we will take decent numbers anyway! I will be there for sure.
  • A Charlton Life day out then if they don't lay it on.

Meet up town, grab a train and a night out in Manc?

Happy to get involved in coach bookings if that is preferable.
  • The Citeh game seems to be pivotal. However, if the ticketing goes the same way as the Watford game, with the ST holder picking up the last few tickets IF you can get to the Valley on a Thursday morning...then , there's no point me campaigning as I won't get a ticket. If the match is not subsidised I potentially stand more of a chance...selfish I know, but true. (I an not winding up the VG issue here, honest.)

I really wanted to get to the Watford game and am even more keen to go to Citeh (flask and travel rug at the ready...!).

I expect the allocation to be larger and hope this is not an issue. I also hope that we take our full allocation and that I and my son are amongst them.
  • can you get them to lay on the coaches with tables please.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]we need to campaign for as many fans to travel as possible. If the club chooses not to back it, then that is down to them.

Of course it would be preferencial and supportive, but on the other hand we can't expect to be spoon-fed the whole time. Hopefully it will mean enough to enough people to do it anyway.
    Quite right AFKA. If they do want to back one match though then there is only one that makes sense.
  • Sponsored links:

• In which case, if we make a concerted effort to have an unofficial supporters group going up there (CL), do you think the club would waver the VG set-up for such a piece of organisation? I.e. block book a set of tickets for us lot.

Henry?
  • [cite]Posted By: orpingtonaddick[/cite]pivotal
    you've summed up the City game in one perfect word there
  • ha. if they take as many to man city as they did watford and sell out before general sale, then i'll eat my hat. no way.
  • Whilst the City away game is almost certainly the game one am I right in thinking that whenever the club lays on this sort of promotion that the team does not generally turn it on?
  • 9 of us are planning a weekend in Manchester as we have a mate who lives there so hopefully we'll all get tickets. This game is on sky though so that will rule out quite a few i reckon
  • I KNOW that they are doing something for Blackburn where they know we'll basically get as many tickets as we want and so they can push it big style. Not sure how many we'll get at Man City although if we campaign here and elsewhere I reckon we'll get a really decent turn-out anyway. Blackburn, IMO will still be massive cause we'll still be in with a shout. Whether it's a big or little shout who knows.
  • and if they don't,then all the real supporters can get tickets and stand all the way through.
  • In some ways I hope its a sell out now!!! But I hope you are right...

I'm all for campaigning to get this match subsidised as we need maximum support (and maximum volume) from the away end, so long as the campaigners are rewarded!!
  • edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]In which case, if we make a concerted effort to have an unofficial supporters group going up there (CL), do you think the club would waver the VG set-up for such a piece of organisation? I.e. block book a set of tickets for us lot.

Henry?

don't reckon you'll have to worry about that. I'm sure we'll get up to 3,000 tickets and if so that'll be plenty although I do expect around 2,000 will travel.
  • I'll definately go to this match- travel or no travel.

I think Large is about right- it's unlikely we'll sell out so people will, within reason, be able to relocate in the ground.

What about contacting the guy who does the train ticket things and organise a group travel?
  • Sponsored links:

• The away support unless subsidised will be poor for this game,it is a 5.15 kick off on good friday on sky,the only way this will be a success in numbers travelling is if the club market it like West Brom did ie the great escape.Surely you could get a good deal on coaches on Good Friday!!
  • Bang on Steve!
  • The City game is Good Friday.

That may prevent people with Christian beliefs from travelling as they may wish to attend Church at 3pm.
  • they have churches in manchester we'll orgasnise a stop off
  • take the clergy with us.
  • A couple of years ago I got ordained as a vicar over the internet as I was going to marry my mate and his (now) wife in Vegas. I will do a Charlton themed service if this is required on the way up!!!
  • Rev Rufus?
  • We will all be praying that day anyway.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]In which case, if we make a concerted effort to have an unofficial supporters group going up there (CL), do you think the club would waver the VG set-up for such a piece of organisation? I.e. block book a set of tickets for us lot.

Henry?

you may be on to a winner there sco, sounds do-able to me!
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]A couple of years ago I got ordained as a vicar over the internet as I was going to marry my mate and his (now) wife in Vegas. I will do a Charlton themed service if this is required on the way up!!!

ha ha ha, thats brilliant.

I really really want to go to this game but i just think its going to be a logistical nightmare. Trains are expensive arent they?

Carter, didnt you offer to drive on Saturday? ;-)