Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sam to pack it in and go into fashion and music

Not on OS so can't be 100% sure but rumour is that Lloyd Sam is packing up football due to a long term injury and will be pursuing a career in fashion (he already has a T - shirt range) and music.

Comments

• great news.
  • Good luck to him if true. He's obviously sacrificed a lot of his youth dedicated to being an athlete and so fair play if he can do something he's passionate about.

Where's his shop going to be so we can go and boo him for not stocking the right sizes and not having an as agressive marketing campaign as Primark?
  • selling hooky cds and cheap t shirts in deptford market?
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]u

Bit nasty.
  • Was telling me about this at the supporters evening. Seems as though he's already designed a range and it's in the process of being made at the moment.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Was telling me about this at the supporters evening. Seems as though he's already designed a range and it's in the process of being made at the moment.[/quote]

Have you not seen them Whitney is flogging them on Eastenders a tenner a pop
  • edited May 2010
    sorry. i didnt read the other bloody thread.

Poor Sam.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah poor lad.
  • Women!
  • Will his clothes range fall apart in the box?
  • Sponsored links:

• All his t-shirts are ruined because he keeps cutting into the middle.
  • I can't post he link, but there is an excellent bit in the Mail about his career change. The gist of it is that M&S are looking for a more street image and are looking Lloyd to be the face of it. I think his brand is to be called Mountain Lion or something, which obviously appealed to the outgoing president Stuart Rose.
    Can anybody else provide a link?
  • He already successfully runs his designer label business and back others band (not sure whether you meant his or taking up music himself) whilst managing his playing career, so not sure why he would pack it in for this.

Its not like his injury actually stopped him playing this year. I would certainly think this is his post-playing plan but not sure now could be considered 'post-playing'.
  • [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]I can't post he link, but there is an excellent bit in the Mail about his career change. The gist of it is that M&S are looking for a more street image and are looking Lloyd to be the face of it. I think his brand is to be called Mountain Lion or something, which obviously appealed to the outgoing president Stuart Rose.
    Can anybody else provide a link?

I work for a soft drinks firm that have recently tied a deal with M&S to be their first non home brand to sell within their stores and and i can confirm that i saw Sam at the Head office of M&S this morning,

Smiling like a chesire cat this must be happening i thought he had just got a job as trolley boy
  • He'll be back to playing footy within two years.
  • I've heard business isnt too good for him and he's had to put a load of his gear on a ShitX Sale
  • Fair play to the lad. Probably answers some of his critics who said he wasn't trying this season.

Obviously set his heart on running a fashion house, not running down a touchline.
  • Good news for Charlton is we can claim a little bit of insurance cos of his injury. Not much but it all helps.
  • I remember chatting to Lloydie earlier in the season, he was giving me stick about the music we play at the Valley. He was saying that he's hoping to do some stuff with Def Jam, he had a meeting lined up with LA Reid.
  • Doesn't he have lung condition which would affect his singing/rapping ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Good luck to him if true. He's obviously sacrificed a lot of his youth dedicated to being an athlete

Not sure I agree too much with the sentiment that being a pro-footballer is a 'sacrifice' but good luck to the lad as everyone else has said.
  • For this thread to work i think SoundAs needs to delete his post containing Curb its comment.
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]For this thread to work i think SoundAs needs to delete his post containing Curb its comment.

And for you to remove this post too.
  • this is all a joke right... at times I was actually starting to believe it!
  • Didn't someone say Steve Waggott was in talks with Sam's management team to secure a gig at The Valley?
  • I'm not surprised to be honest. I've head him rap a couple of times freestyle and he has serious talent.

Does anyone know if he is now going to be playing in the celebrity soccer sixes ?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

Does anyone know if he is now going to be playing in the celebrity soccer sixes ?[/quote]

Can't because of the insurance.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'm not surprised to be honest. I've head him rap a couple of times freestyle and he has serious talent.

Does anyone know if he is now going to be playing in the celebrity soccer sixes ?[/quote]

Ark at old AFKA giving us the low down on rap!!!
    I can picture him now in his motor with rap blasting out nodding his head
  • Mate of mine is in the music business and reckons he's supposed to be laying down a track with Bananarama of all people, can't see it myself
  • edited May 2010
    Maybe you go in with him rich and draw up some proper rascal

I still havnt forgiven him for nearly making me crash a bus full of special needs kids at avery hill.