Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SLP - Charlton takeover misses Christmas Eve completion target

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Just been to The Valley to pick up some tickets. Two blacked out Lexus just entering gates full of gentlemen of what looked Chinese origin.

It was the pre-match takeaway for the players.
  • Options
    The people are reporting that wise is to join as director of football.
  • Options
    What you doing reading The People D?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]What you doing reading The People D?[/quote]
    I cant believe that no one has commented on this. After all the twatish comments on here, there is finally a name put out in the paper and no ones mentioned it. Incredible.
  • Options
    Perhaps people have a credibility issue with the People, mate
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I suspect it is as a few lifers have said, Christmas Eve, poor weather and the extended holiday meaning certain factions were unable to dot I's and cross T's as had originally been planned.I don't see the club's announcement as a bad thing but think perhaps instead of saying -by Dec 24- maybe just a late December early January completion is envisaged would have been better- that would have allowed everyone a bit of leeway and lessened the tension (a bit). Hopefully it is still a goer and we will hear news in due course that will have been worth the wait, if not it's over to plan b!
  • Options
    The Sunday People's still going?
  • Options
    i was reliably informed today that it is not anything to do with wise

not that it would would nark me if it was
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i was reliably informed today that it is not anything to do with wise

'reliably'? ... mmm do tell more
  • Options
    It wasn't the club that said 24th anyway it was varney was nt it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i was reliably informed today that it is not anything to do with wise[/quote]

Me too.
  • Options
    same person TCE i reckon
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i was reliably informed today that it is not anything to do with wise

'reliably'? ... mmm do tell more

theres no more to tell mate only that it is nowt to do with wise
  • Options
    When will the takeover be announced, surely if close on Christmas Eve will have restarted discussions/final stages by now
  • Options
    what, how many sleeps?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]When will the takeover be announced, surely if close on Christmas Eve will have restarted discussions/final stages by now
    6:44pm Thursday
  • Options
    Nothing will happen whilst the Banks are on holiday! Wednesday will be the day
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]same person TCE i reckon

I think your right ; )
  • Options
    Only 1 more sleep then, Olly ? YEAH !!!!!

By then we'll have retained the Ashes too .
  • Options
    Today please. getting impatient :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are the people who run the website on a wind-up? Got all excited then when I saw the headline:

Worth waiting for

With this picture:
    0,,10267~9111386,00.jpg

Valley gold draw :/
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]Are the people who run the website on a wind-up? Got all excited then when I saw the headline:

Worth waiting for

With this picture:
    0,,10267~9111386,00.jpg

Valley gold draw :/

Haha I did the exact same thing!
  • Options
    Hardly 'on the case' it's just a repeat of stuff we already knew.
  • Options
    sarcasm is a wonderful thing!
  • Options
    If as suggested the deal didn't hit the deadline of 24/12 because of the inability to do business during a period when many offices are closed or at least understaffed then I personally am not expecting a resolution until around the 4/5/6 of January. All very frustrating.
  • Options
    Just the smae bullshit news we all know, so annoying this!
  • Options
    I like this part:

"Charlton's finances are not in a good state and the fans can rest assured that this is in the best interests of the club."
  • Options
    Yikes:

"Charlton's finances are not in a good state and the fans can rest assured that this is in the best interests of the club." "

I know that we all know this... but seeing it in print as a bona fide quote just smacks of setting us up for disappointment. Hope I'm wrong.