Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Barcelona Vs Real Madrid 4 times in 18 days

Doesn't need a preview says it all in the name.
Looking forward,Two great games on Saturday ;)

Comments

• Bring it on. Nothing like ritually humiliating the scum four times in a month - starting with their now-annual shellacking at the Battenburg on Saturday :o)
  • For those that want the dates of the games:

Saturday 16 April - La Liga @ Bernabeu
    Wednesday 20 April - Copa del Rey @ Neutral ground
    Wednesday 27 April - Champions League @ Bernabeu
    Tuesday 3 May - Champions League @ Camp Nou
  • Draw
    Barca
    Real
    Barca
  • Madrid
    Madrid
    Barca
    Draw
  • YAWN!!
  • Bristol Rovers v Charlton is Yawn.
  • Bizarrely to some, I'd rather watch Bristol R V Charlton, 1) My team are playing, I care about the result. 2) Something other than the ball getting passed slowly around the defence and midfielders whilst the commentators cum in their pants, will happen.
    Bring on the vitriol of those who think its "great" to watch European football
  • edited April 2011
    I don't care about the result of these Barcelona v Madrid games, but these teams are the pinnacle of world football. Spain and Barcelona have proved that possession football is the best way to play, so I don't really understand any argument that it's boring.
  • I watched the game between them earlier in the season when Barca destroyed them

Should be 4 very good games. If you enjoy football these are the sort of games you enjoy watching no matter the result.
  • [cite]Posted By: eldavide[/cite]Something other than the ball getting passed slowly around the defence and midfielders whilst the commentators cum in their pants, will happen.

Have you actually seen Barca or Real play ?
  • Sponsored links:

• yep before I fall asleep
  • [cite]Posted By: eldavide[/cite]Bring on the vitriol of those who think its "great" to watch European football

There's only one bit of vitriol on this thread!
  • [cite]Posted By: eldavide[/cite]Bizarrely to some, I'd rather watch Bristol R V Charlton, 1) My team are playing, I care about the result. 2) Something other than the ball getting passed slowly around the defence and midfielders whilst the commentators cum in their pants, will happen.
    Bring on the vitriol of those who think its "great" to watch European football

So Barcelona pass the ball slowly round defence and midfield do they?
  • Tired of London tired of life.

Tired of The Spanish game tired of football.

Im considering getting sky purely becuase of these fixtures.
  • 20 minutes til kick off... Let's hope football is the victor
  • Don't be silly Dabos, I want to see at least 4 red cards, Mourinho and Guardiola ripping each other to shreds and a pigs head get thrown onto the pitch. If there are goals on top of that then then its just a bonus
  • 0-0 h/t.

An aside: what would happen if the football in open play hit the "aeriel" camera ?
  • Barca Penalty......Messi........1-0 !
  • Barca 1 up , Messi penalty
  • edited April 2011
    Did anyone else just see the green laser aimed at Messi??
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCdamo[/cite]Did anyone just see the green laser aimed at Messi??

More light than dark
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ishgit[/cite]
    An aside: what would happen if the football in open play hit the "aeriel" camera ?

drop ball at the place below where it hit - as it's an outside agent interfering with the game
  • Fantastic!!
    The game must've been great if the only things worth talking about were a laser and what happens if the ball hits a camera!
    Still 3 more to go eh?
  • That aerial camera was brilliant for the pens and the Ronaldo free kick that hit the post.

It would be good if Sky could do that here.
  • [cite]Posted By: eldavide[/cite]Fantastic!!
    The game must've been great if the only things worth talking about were a laser and what happens if the ball hits a camera!
    Still 3 more to go eh?
    LOL @ this bloke. Arguably the best club side in history, and you think it's crap. Barca put together a move in the first half that was as good as any you will ever see in football. That alone made it worth watching. Of course, the real quality took place in the FA cup semi-final earlier - oh, wait a minute, no it didn't - it was dogshit. Take your head out of your arsehole and enjoy it - sooner or later Real's money will end up nullifying Barca's passing game. Until it does, use your Sky subscription for the only thing that makes it valuable any more - watching the best team on the planet lay waste to all in front of them.
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Draw
    Barca
    Real
    Barca

One down
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: eldavide[/cite]Fantastic!!
    Still 3 more to go eh?
    LOL @ this bloke. Arguably the best club side in history, and you think it's crap. Barca put together a move in the first half that was as good as any you will ever see in football. That alone made it worth watching. Of course, the real quality took place in the FA cup semi-final earlier - oh, wait a minute, no it didn't - it was dogshit. Take your head out of your arsehole and enjoy it - sooner or later Real's money will end up nullifying Barca's passing game. Until it does, use your Sky subscription for the only thing that makes it valuable any more - watching the best team on the planet lay waste to all in front of them.
    I watched neither game, I don't have Sky, however given the choice, and if they were both on at the same time I would've watched Bolton V Stoke every time. Given that 5 moves, wonderful or not ended in GOALS, I think I might've got the better deal. I never said it was crap, only that it bores me. What really gets me is the media hype these games up, jizzes over the players on show, and brainwash people like you into believing in it! if you truly believe that a Sky subsciption is worth one passing move alone, you must have more money than sense! I don't buy into Barcelona (also annoys me all this BARCA rubbish) wiping all before them, Spainish league is a glorified Scottish league, only two teams will ever win it, in Europe they've won twice in 6 years, Liverpool have been in the same amount of finals in that time, I still remember their win more than Barcelona's 2, oh yeah they beat an Arsenal team who had 10 men for most of the game, totally dominant!
  • [cite]Posted By: eldavide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    Still 3 more to go eh?
    I watched neither game, I don't have Sky, however given the choice, and if they were both on at the same time I would've watched Bolton V Stoke every time. Given that 5 moves, wonderful or not ended in GOALS, I think I might've got the better deal. I never said it was crap, only that it bores me. What really gets me is the media hype these games up, jizzes over the players on show, and brainwash people like you into believing in it! if you truly believe that a Sky subsciption is worth one passing move alone, you must have more money than sense! I don't buy into Barcelona (also annoys me all this BARCA rubbish) wiping all before them, Spainish league is a glorified Scottish league, only two teams will ever win it, in Europe they've won twice in 6 years, Liverpool have been in the same amount of finals in that time, I still remember their win more than Barcelona's 2, oh yeah they beat an Arsenal team who had 10 men for most of the game, totally dominant!

Can't stand leagues where the same couple of teams win season after season!
  • [cite]Posted By: eldavide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    Still 3 more to go eh?
    To take your 'points' one by one.

If goals are all you're after, maybe you should just switch to watching basketball - they 'score' about ever 20 seconds, so it should hold your interest.
    The media hype is laughable, yes - but it's also justified. There has never been a team as good as the Barca team of the current day. On top of that, unlike Chelsea/ManYoo/Real/Inter they actually play attractive, attacking football. No wonder the media w***s themselves into a frenzy over it when you consider the putrid tripe that passes for football in the premiershit these days.
    I didn't say a Sky subscription is worth one passing move alone. I said it was worth watching for that move alone. Read things properly before you restort.
    It isn't 'BARCA rubbish' - that's what Catalans call the team. It's also what the majority of Spaniards call them, and the Spanish media. Or do you say 'Manchester United' every time you mention them?
    In the last fifteen seasons, the English league (Premiership) has been won by a grand total of three different teams. During the same period, the Spanish league (La Liga) has been won by five different teams. Which is more competitive?
    I'm not entirely sure what point you're attempting to make at the end there - other than the current Barca side have been the most successful in Europe in the past six seasons (which kind of makes my point more valid - so thanks for that)
  • The truth lies somewhere inbetween I think. Watching Barca trample all underfoot all season has only be interesting in parts, because the true appeal in any sporting contest is competition, and Madrid aside, no-one in Spain (or the rest of Europe, more or less) can come close to what is in effect a "national team" with endless resources to buy the best players and no chance of anyone they owe money calling in the debt (same as Real Madrid). If you support the team laying waste to the opposition it must be fantastic (for a couple of years at least), and thrilling to enjoy game in game out, especially when you have someone like Messi to purr over. But therin lies the rub, eldavide is right in the aspect of the sycophantic commentators gushing over the simplest of passes just because it was made by a man in a pajama top, Armstrong makes me want to hurl at times.

I too would rather watch Stoke v Bolton, because I like the unpredictability and blood and guts endevour of English (British) football, that does not mean I cannot appreciate some of the football on show from Spain's big two, but I am not Spanish so it will always be an interesting sideshow to me, were I Leroy, I might feel differently (although being the contrary sod I am, I would support Espanyol, not Barca).