Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Cue outrage from Preston, Sheff Utd, Sheff Weds and Hudds fans.
  • I am almost weeing myself with excitement over this season.

I'll say one thing though - if Powell doesnt get it right with these players, I can't see Slater being patient with him.

I agree with what he says, take a look at the other squads in the division. We HAVE to be right up there this season.

• Back in April I accused Slater of "saying all the right things" when he sent that letter out to season ticket holders and I reserved judgement on him until the transfer window closes.

He has been true to his word and the investment has been significant - exciting times are ahead. 

• Cant fault the guy!  Knows what needs to be acheived & has a plan in place to make it happen.  Our days of financial insecurity seem a long time ago now!
  • And you can question him directly on 6th September when he comes to Bromley Addicks.
  • very good to hear him say he is confident
  • Interetsing comments. Sounds like we didn't even offer Semedo anything and just let him leave
  • I cant wait for the start of the season...yes I agree with Mr Slater that we need to be patient and allow the the team to gel, however as he says if their good enough then gelling should come naturally (my words).
    There is, for the first time I can remember in years, a expectation that is coupled with confidence from the board downwards and added to this is the fact that we have secured the servcies of some good players and now we should be the team to be feared!!
    Roll on 6/8/11!!
  • Bloody hell...the guy's got confidence coming out of everywhere. It can only be a good thing for the team and the management to see the guy at the top be so self-assured and believe in them to such an extent. Confidence breeds confidence and all that. Something that was a tad thin on the ground last year.

Anyone feeling a bit tingly inside about the upcoming season?

Nope, just me then.
  • Bloody hell...the guy's got confidence coming out of everywhere. It can only be a good thing for the team and the management to see the guy at the top be so self-assured and believe in them to such an extent. Confidence breeds confidence and all that. Something that was a tad thin on the ground last year.

Nope, just me then.
    Definitely not just you!
  • Sponsored links:

Nope, just me then.
    Definitely not just you!
    Not sure what it is but think I may have just had a 'sex wee'..................either that or I've pissed meself again!!
    Feeling very 'excited' about the upcoming season indeed!!
  • Could be Year of the Quiff.

Nope, just me then.
    Definitely not just you!
    THIS!!!!!
  • It all sounds very positive and will hopefully prove to be so.

I'm a long in the tooth old git though and can remember a chairman called Mark Hulyer talking everything up nearly 30 years ago and things didn't quite pan out as planned.

I shall therefore continue in my default Charlton mode which is to have no real expectations so that anything good is a pleasant bonus.

• Really excited about this coming season, we have a great squad and a couple more to come in. Agree we need to be a little patient while we gel but a sign of good teams is picking up points when not playing so well.
    I think we can win the league.
  • All looking positive on and off the field but.................

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
  • When Slater sent that letter out a few months ago I adopted a 'wait and see' attitude re purchase of a season ticket. He's put his money where his mouth is, backed Chris Powell and as a result it's +1 to the season ticket numbers for the club. Very exciting times.
  • He certainly says the right things ... and personally makes me feel very positive about our board.

This is going to be an interesting season in many ways ... and sounds like we may start seeing some good football again :-)

• Yeah he says the right things now we need to get the right results on the pitch we are the 12th man let's go up.
  • Cautiously optimistic is probably the best frame of mind to be in at the moment.

Tingly though my gut feeling may be about this season, it is guarded.

It feels like we've gone though years of painful, self-destructive relationships and that we may finally have found 'the one' but don't want to get too carried away for fear of it all happening again.

It's probably the quiff that does it.
  • Sponsored links:

• It won.t be easy we got à new team it will take time two gal but i no we can do it .I just hope when we do go though à rough time has any team does people don.t slag the team off .
  • I am a proverbial mix of excitement tempered with a note of old git syndrome 'caution'
  • "A message for the best football supporters in the world: we need a 12th
    man here. Where are you? Where are you? Let's be 'avin' you! Come on!"
  • Nice words - not sure I quite like the dismissive nature of other clubs in the league though.

I really do hope his rhetoric, confidence and enthusiasm gets through to Chris and the players (and us) - and we all reach and exceed expectations in the next ten months.
  • I think he may have upset a few clubs there and I really like his ambition of promotion
  • Nice words - not sure I quite like the dismissive nature of other clubs in the league though.

I really do hope his rhetoric, confidence and enthusiasm gets through to Chris and the players (and us) - and we all reach and exceed expectations in the next ten months.
    Im with you on this, lets not talk about other teams and worry about us.
  • edited July 2011
    Nice words - not sure I quite like the dismissive nature of other clubs in the league though.

It's the old Bill Shankly way of verbally trashing the opposition and talking up your own players, so they believe they are worldbeaters.
    Hopefully (!).
  • It all sounds very positive and will hopefully prove to be so.

I'm a long in the tooth old git though and can remember a chairman called Mark Hulyer talking everything up nearly 30 years ago and things didn't quite pan out as planned.

I shall therefore continue in my default Charlton mode which is to have no real expectations so that anything good is a pleasant bonus.

same here but theres no talk of nigerian princes helping us this time .....yet
  • I am almost weeing myself with excitement over this season.

I'll say one thing though - if Powell doesnt get it right with these players, I can't see Slater being patient with him.

I agree with what he says, take a look at the other squads in the division. We HAVE to be right up there this season.

Would that be wee or sex wee?
  • or boat loads of rubber