Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today I lost all faith in Charlton supporters

edited July 2011 in General Charlton
Let me set the scene. 
Its half time at Millwall. I'm 23 years old, 5 foot 4 and a woman. 
I left my large circle of male friends to get drinks. I thought "hey, its fine, we're all Charlton". 
On the way to the toilets I got spat on by some 19 year old cunt who wouldn't even look me in the eye. 
Even worse, on the way back a group of four 40 year old men decided to call me a "dyke" on the way back to my seat. 
Now. I am a loyal Charlton fan of many years. Some of you lifers know me as such. 
Of all the away matches, of all the fans, I NEVER expected this from my own. 
It ruined my day, it made me feel ashamed to be Charlton. 

Comments

• Disgusting. Although it cannot be any consolation you were in the minority in "normal" fans there today from what I saw.
  • Why did the two groups do those things?
  • It's the minority. CAFC!
  • Why did the two groups do those things?
    Because I'm a short woman...? 
    I have no idea. I wanted to go home after that. It made me feel sick to think I give any CAFC fan my support and this is what I get. 
  • Sorry to hear that. Sadly , in recent years , we seem to be attracting some real nasty pieces of work at our club.  
  • I just thought we were different. I guess I was naive. 
  • Very sorry to hear that, just can't get my head around why anyone would want to do such a thing.
  • And that is why I didn't go, it seems a majority of the fans who went were the ones who were out to pick a fight on anyone and the ones who come out the woodwork for the "big" games.
  • I just thought we were different. I guess I was naive. 
    We were. Up until about six years ago. Now we've got just as many muggy cunts following us as every other team. My condolences.
  • Absolute disgrace.  But shouldn't other supporters who witness this kind of disgusting behaviour speak up to stop it?  Mass open disapproval is more powerful than we might think.
  • Sponsored links:

• In all honesty i do a lot of aways and you get to recognise faces. A hell of a lot of strange faces there today, lots of younguns on their first outing as well.
  • I'm not a new face or a young face. I was just a single lady at half time. 
    No Millwall supporter gave me shit. No copper gave me shit. Just some fat cunts from Bexley. 
    I don't understand it. 
    FFS I'm Charlton. 
  • What a bunch of narrow minded c*cks. And as for spitting, the action of a coward. 99% of us aren't tw*ts thank god.
  • Absolute disgrace.  But shouldn't other supporters who witness this kind of disgusting behaviour speak up to stop it?  Mass open disapproval is more powerful than we might think.
    Nice to think so. In the real world, though, these cunts are just there to pick fights with anyone - the first bloke to stand up and say something would have got his nut caved in - not much you can do agaonst about six of them. I've seen it dozens of times at away games in the last ten years or so.
    Nice to think so. In the real world, though, these cunts are just there to pick fights with anyone - the first bloke to stand up and say something would have got his nut caved in - not much you can do agaonst about six of them. I've seen it dozens of times at away games in the last ten years or so.
    My mates were deeply upset they missed it. 
    As am I.
  • edited July 2011
    Sorry EastStand i wasnt calling you new or young i was merely reflecting on others i saw. Horrendous experience for you and as above why did male witnesses not grow a pair and challenge. Shocking.
  • Did you happen to say anything to provoke  the "fans"  (both times) as it appears by the sound of your language you seem like a very nice young lady
  • Sorry EastStand i wasnt calling you new or young i was merely reflecting on others i saw. Horrendous experience for you and as above why did male witnesses not grow a pair and challenge. Shocking.

Cheers ISLS. 
    I have no idea what happened. As I said I thought our club was different. I was wrong.  
  • Fuck all Golf. I went to the bathroom, I came back. I said and did fuck all unfortunately. 
  • If I did something it would make sense. I wouldn't bitch about it. But I didn't. Thats why I'm so angry.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Did you happen to say anything to provoke  the "fans"  (both times) as it appears by the sound of your language you seem like a very nice young lady
    whooosshhhh
    Come on mate she's had a shocker and probably a few lemonades...not suprising a few f's an c's are being thrown around in anger.
  • I have every sympathy with you EastStand and today had the misfortune to sit around some unpleasent characters so much so I thought I had gone in the wrong end and was amongst Millwall fans.
    I was pleased that the booing of Alan Dunne did not extend to more than just a handfull of nutters
  • I would honestly rather be punched in the face than spat in it. Makes me feel sick to the stomach and I'm an ex squaddie who has seen some disgusting things.

Golf, you're obviously a WUM, but do you honestly think just because a woman's vocabulary matches the same as 99% of blokes, that means she deserves for some animal to spit in her face?

How would you feel if you were spat at and then called a queer, and all by your fellow supporters?

I'm assuming you're not very old, smart mouth and all that jazz...............
  • so sorry to hear what happen to you eaststand no repect some people! these twats dont deserve to be charlton fans!! but a lifers said we have seemed to picked up some sad twats in last few years i would rise above them eaststand dont stop going to footy will you!
  • Always people like that in society that ruin it for other people.

Remember it's the minority. They won't turn up for any other games as that was the "big one"

Mugs.
  • edited July 2011
    Well once again golf I assumed a Charlton fan wasn't being a tosser, yet again I'm proved wrong. Cheers. 
  • weird
  • sorry to hear about that east stand but thats people for you

i thought the 700 charlton were a lot noisier than the 3k of new ground /day trippers who were there for the last visit to the den when we were unfortunate enough to let in 4
    i was in the millwall end again
  • Why are some people attacking Golf. He has made a pretty valid point. That is not the vocabulary of any woman I know.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!