Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Please don't shoot the messenger.....but I think Lyle may be injured :(

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I can’t even get 3G/4G at The Valley. Bloody O2! Probably better off usually natural gas. 
  • Options
    no surgery required same injury as bauer 

" lyle has the same as what patrick bauer had last season, its a case of him wearing a brace for a few weeks and seeing where we are at after he takes the brace off, well go from there "

said lee bowyer

bauer was out for just over 2 months with a similar injury 

taylor might be back in time for another international break. 

what a fucker that is, feel for him as this may be the end of his big move away. 
  • Options

" lyle has the same as what patrick bauer had last season, its a case of him wearing a brace for a few weeks and seeing where we are at after he takes the brace off, well go from there "

said lee bowyer

what a fucker that is, feel for him as this may be the end of his big move away. 
    20 goals between December a the end of the season will secure his pay day 
  • Options

said lee bowyer

Doesn't do much for my bet on him being Championship top goalscorer either ... :/
  • Options

said lee bowyer

It could mean we have him for longer than we would have had him if he didn't get injured!
  • Options

said lee bowyer

It could mean we have him for longer than we would have had him if he didn't get injured!
    i would rather have a player stay because they are happy and want to be here - than being forced to be here due to injury. 
  • Options
    Someone needs to do a Risk Assessment on these pitches. Surprised our insurers don't insist.
  • Options
    For purely selfish reasons it would have been more advantageous for Charlton supporters if this injury occurred in late December assuming we are looking at an 8 week lay off. At least Lyle Taylor would see out the season and if an offer wasn't commensurate with his scoring and assists from Cafc he can move on to pastures new at the end of his 2 year contract with my good wishes having left his indelible mark on the history of Charlton athletic FC.

Ps. I accept it would've been more advantageous for Lyle not to get Injured in the first place, but Football and life never goes exactly to plan !
  • Options
    Has anybody said what the injury actually is?
  • Options
    If we were to shoot the messenger, they would be back before Taylor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I might not want to come back
  • Options
    If we were to shoot the messenger, they would be back before Taylor.
    It's too late, he was shot long ago.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    okay lets say hes out for 8 weeks from today 

wigan a
    leeds h
    swansea h 
    fulham a
    derby h
    bristol city a
    west brom a
    preston h
    millwall a

thats 27 points up for grabs, personally if he was to return millwall a would probably be the worst game to return to as we will be well up for it and he will try harder than he usually does and could re injure himself. 

talking of millwall has the november tv schedule been released yet? 
  • Options
    DanDavis said:
    I might not want to come back
    The good news Dan is you Millie, Valley Phil and other messengers of gloom have been given a posthumous pardon.

Get well soon.
  • Options
    okay lets say hes out for 8 weeks from today 

wigan a
    leeds h
    swansea h 
    fulham a
    derby h
    bristol city a
    west brom a
    preston h
    millwall a

thats 27 points up for grabs, personally if he was to return millwall a would probably be the worst game to return to as we will be well up for it and he will try harder than he usually does and could re injure himself. 

talking of millwall has the november tv schedule been released yet? 
    Sky will release by 4th October.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Has anybody said what the injury actually is?
    Somebody in a PM told me knee ligaments but since that person's a rabid Brexiteer I wouldn't believe a word of it :-) xxx

PS, that person is not @Sage, who I expect will tell us more once he has some info.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    What will loads and loads of protein do ?
    (I think we can all guess, but thought I'd ask anyway).
    Oh and if it aids recovery, presumably Lewis Page doesn't have protein shakes ?  :smile:
  • Options
    Thanks for this info, Sage.

It's much appreciated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    As I said in two of my original posts when this all came out with the photo’s, (and I got quickly shut down by a certain poster) the degree and placement of the knee brace suggested it was LCL.

It is in fact an LCL tear. This specific type of injury happens by one of two separate ways. First way is impact, you....

_-------—--------------------------------------------_

"We've had enough of experts"
  • Options
    I'm gonna have to ask..LCL? 
  • Options
    lateral collateral ligament
  • Options
    Thanks for all the info Sage, great insights!
  • Options
    as long as it doesn't include Lyle's nerves......:)