Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Holidays 2027
Comments
-
I’ve heard they stink.Rob7Lee said:Caribbean hopefully Easter,
Cyprus (again!) May,
Canaries (again!) August,
Spain to a mates September,
Lisbon and somewhere UK October
and need to squeeze in a couple of trips to the Chanel Islands at some point.1 -
Channel!SporadicAddick said:
I’ve heard they stink.Rob7Lee said:Caribbean hopefully Easter,
Cyprus (again!) May,
Canaries (again!) August,
Spain to a mates September,
Lisbon and somewhere UK October
and need to squeeze in a couple of trips to the Chanel Islands at some point.
1 -
Anyone been on a Mekong cruise through Vietnam and Cambodia?0
-
I visited York a few years ago and thought exactly the same. We got the train up and didn't want to leave.Chunes said:I just got back from a long weekend in York. Wow, what a place! Almost felt like being in Florence. Beautiful, walkable city with lots of history and friendly people. Planning to return with the family next summer.
Its got to be one of the nicest cities to visit in England.3 -
Anyone elses holiday affected by the UK airport problems?Been sat at Paphos airport for 6 hours now waiting for a flight back to Gatwick. Was scheduled for 2 hours ago, still not even boarding yet!0
-
I have two friends that were meant to be flying yesterday; one to Colombia via Madrid and the other to Tenerife. Both cancelled and the earliest rebooked flight is on Friday. Luckily for me this didn’t happen on Monday as I was flying back from Geneva and had a hospital appointment on Tuesday morning.Andyessgee90 said:Anyone elses holiday affected by the UK airport problems?Been sat at Paphos airport for 6 hours now waiting for a flight back to Gatwick. Was scheduled for 2 hours ago, still not even boarding yet!0 -
Now hearing no compensation to be given for flight delays.
Evidently this comes under some such bollox that you can't claim 🤷♂️0 -
A friend had a 5 hour delay on his flight to Majorca yesterday but said he was just glad it wasn’t cancelled.Andyessgee90 said:Anyone elses holiday affected by the UK airport problems?Been sat at Paphos airport for 6 hours now waiting for a flight back to Gatwick. Was scheduled for 2 hours ago, still not even boarding yet!0 -
Felt exactly the same. The airport in paphos was pure chaos. Cancelations at point of gate opening, particularly a flight to Cardiff had the entire airport audibly gasping.DaveMehmet said:
A friend had a 5 hour delay on his flight to Majorca yesterday but said he was just glad it wasn’t cancelled.Andyessgee90 said:Anyone elses holiday affected by the UK airport problems?Been sat at Paphos airport for 6 hours now waiting for a flight back to Gatwick. Was scheduled for 2 hours ago, still not even boarding yet!0 -
I’ve done a few boat trips along the Mekong from Can Tho, My Tho & Vinh Long. I generally don’t like that part of Vietnam, however, if visiting for the first time, I think it would be an interesting experience.PrincessFiona said:Anyone been on a Mekong cruise through Vietnam and Cambodia?0 -
Sponsored links:
-
Strangely have done v little in the summer so now have my holiday period
Nice and Cannes this friday for 9 days ( sounds a lot fancier than it is Mrs parents have a small apartment in nice so free digs there )
benalmadena golf/stag October
dale hill golf weekend October
Lanzarote, Puerto calero week in November
Madrid for Spain v England ( ticket dependant )
cologne for Xmas markets November.0 -
Some such bollox is something outside the control of the airlines - they have no liability for statutory compensation when the event causing the delay is wholly outside their control (but will have to pick up the tabs running into the millions for accommodation, rebooking, aircraft logistics etc).blackpool72 said:Now hearing no compensation to be given for flight delays.
Evidently this comes under some such bollox that you can't claim 🤷♂️0 -
PrincessFiona said:Anyone been on a Mekong cruise through Vietnam and Cambodia?From own experience and clients I’ve arranged trips for in past, the best company for long cruises (7 nights) is Heritage Line. On the lower Mekong they have two ships sailing, The Jahan and Jayavarman.
The full waterway is not the most interesting cruise you’ll ever take though, as the main waterway is mostly used for industrial transportation, so you’ll get a lot of large barges etc as your view.The best way to do the Mekong including both countries is with a shorter cruise. Start in Ho Chi Minh City, take the 2-night Song Xanh private cruise, overnight in Chau Doc (village on border of Cambodia) and then morning speedboat to Phnom Penh.
2 -
It may be because it is something that is not the airlines' fault and 'beyond their control'.blackpool72 said:Now hearing no compensation to be given for flight delays.
Evidently this comes under some such bollox that you can't claim 🤷♂️
May be covered by many comprehensive travel insurance policies
We were delayed an hour leaving Faro last night. Then further delays getting a stand at T5 then airbridge being operated then opening locked doors to get into the terminal!
Then, fairly promptly at least, being told no baggage was going to be delivered and to leave Arrivals. Filed the relevant details from the baggage tags - am sceptical of the claimed 24 to 48 hour delivered to your address, so we will have to see. At least it isn't so bad on returning home rather than being away from home and nothing needed urgently in the checked in luggage0 -
Long weekend in Florence in March
Two weeks in Bali in July. The first week up in Ubud, then a Villa by the beach in Seminyak.
We were looking at a villa in Crete, but the prices were getting ridiculous for something that ticked all the boxes,2 -
The silver coast is nice, great for surfing and the beaches are nice. It is slightly cheaper than the Algarve, and quieter, but the Algarve still shades it for me.sirjohnhumphrey said:Been a regular visitor to the Algarve. Should I consider the Silver Coast as an alternative?
2 -
Good choice done a very similar trip back in 2008. Long flight for you though (we were living in Singapore when we went)....assuming your flying from UK?larryorcolin said:Long weekend in Florence in March
Two weeks in Bali in July. The first week up in Ubud, then a Villa by the beach in Seminyak.
We were looking at a villa in Crete, but the prices were getting ridiculous for something that ticked all the boxes,0 -
Yeah we are flying from Heathrow. We've done the flights before, so know what to expect.HastingsRed said:
Good choice done a very similar trip back in 2008. Long flight for you though (we were living in Singapore when we went)....assuming your flying from UK?larryorcolin said:Long weekend in Florence in March
Two weeks in Bali in July. The first week up in Ubud, then a Villa by the beach in Seminyak.
We were looking at a villa in Crete, but the prices were getting ridiculous for something that ticked all the boxes,
There was talk a few years back, pre covid, of Garuda flying direct to Bali from London, but that never materialised, so sadly its still two flights from the UK. Well worth it though, as still a great place to holiday if you do it right.1 -
Any recommendations on a nice resort in Mauritius? Only the 1 appears booked out in January and February.0
-
Don’t know what area you’re looking at or what you want from the hotel but we stayed at the Heritage Awali resort in Bel Ombré which was very good (a few years ago).0
-
Sponsored links:
-
Would recommend you move around and experience different parts of the Island. Massively different experiences in different places. We went shoulder season so could stay in places not usually in our price range. Lux Bell Mare and Paradis Beachcomber were highlights. Had some time in between in Lagoon attitude which was more affordable but still very nice and in an air bnb while we were diving.Solidgone said:Any recommendations on a nice resort in Mauritius? Only the 1 appears booked out in January and February.0 -
follett said:Fair enough. Appreciate the advice, have always wanted to go NZ but agree probably makes sense when I have longer. Hong Kong is to see and visit family otherwise I’d have completely skipped and made use of the full 3 weeks
Personal view. NZ is in the top 3 countries I have ever visited (with Vietnam and Italy the other two). I was lucky enough to spend 9 months there many moons ago (after spending 12 months in Oz).
I reckon you could see a great deal of it in 2 weeks, ideally you would spend 3 and have a little more time but not everyone has that time available for a holiday. 1 week would be incredibly rushed but you could maybe spin around the South Island.
It's a stunning country with so much going for it and wonderful, friendly people.
I hope I make it back one day but with so many places I want to visit I am not sure I will.1 -
TellyTubby said:Mrs TT and me have just booked our ferry to ride our 50yr old bikes (xs650) to Norway and the Arctic Circle, late May to June for a month.
Hopefully we're all up for it, being a combined 230yrs.
We'll do the channel islands on our bikes later in the year.
This sounds an incredible holiday. Have fun.
Sounds superb. I have had the website "Peaks of the Balkans" open on my phone about 4 years. On my wish list.captainbob said:
Touring around...Shkoder, Theth, Valbone. One day will be a seven hour walk in the mountains. I'll let you know how I get on.Solidgone said:
I’d be interested for hear any feedback on Albania after your travels. Are you touring around or a beach resorty type of holiday?captainbob said:Northern Albania from this Wednesday. Anyone been there?Chunes said:I just got back from a long weekend in York. Wow, what a place! Almost felt like being in Florence. Beautiful, walkable city with lots of history and friendly people. Planning to return with the family next summer.
Beautiful small city. Then Friday/Saturday click in and all the northern hen and stags appear. My young kids wanted to know why a lady dressed as a bride was going into an ambulance with sick all over her and the floor at 6pm on the Saturday evening. 🤣2 -
PrincessFiona said:Anyone been on a Mekong cruise through Vietnam and Cambodia?
No but I wonder if these guys would be able to help..
https://chomchomtravel.com/travel/bespoke-trips/
Local travel agent I was recommended but never used whilst I travelled in Vietnam. They looked great but when I came across them we already had most things covered.1 -
We stayed at the Tamassa which I think is next door.Boom said:Don’t know what area you’re looking at or what you want from the hotel but we stayed at the Heritage Awali resort in Bel Ombré which was very good (a few years ago).Perfectly good experience.Nice stretch of beach as I recall. But if I remember properly lots of stray dogs (not vicious however) around the island generally.0 -
Anyone been to weston super mare? Too late for this year probably but tempted for next year if no better options turn up.0
-
Cardiff for the Charlton on Friday/Saturday, then a 6am Sunday Stansted flight for two weeks in Calis, Turkey. Anyone been to Calis? Very close to Fethiye.0
-
-0
-
Another recommendation for Lux Belle Marcantersaddick said:
Would recommend you move around and experience different parts of the Island. Massively different experiences in different places. We went shoulder season so could stay in places not usually in our price range. Lux Bell Mare and Paradis Beachcomber were highlights. Had some time in between in Lagoon attitude which was more affordable but still very nice and in an air bnb while we were diving.Solidgone said:Any recommendations on a nice resort in Mauritius? Only the 1 appears booked out in January and February.0









