Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marlon King fails medical

Comments

• Options
    She obviously was asking for it. I mean, he's a millionaire premiership footballer.

Surely they can do what they want when it comes to women? They should be grateful when someone as classy and rich as him talks to them.

Scumbag, hope he drops the soap in prison.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]The way I book it, a female member of your family is out in a bar, this bloke sexially assaults her then smacks her full in the face.

Then he has the cheek to lie in court claiming mistaken identity.

What sentence would you expect?

Not 18 months that's for sure.

Also, whether people like it or not Marlon King's arrogance is what a lot of people think most footballers are actually like. Especially the less talented Premiership players.

The irony, in the scenario you describe, is that if you sorted him out you would probably go down for longer!

We live in a mad, bad world.
  • Options
    Going down going down going down going down going down going down ..................
  • Options
    Certainly out for the rest of the season.
    And next season too.

At 30 next birthday, that could well be his Prem career over.
    If Wigan don't sack him first.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]If Wigan don't sack him first.

already have
  • Options
    Just seen this:

"Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan later said the club had decided to sack King.

Whelan told Sky Sports News: "We have to follow the rules and regulations, which means we will have to give him 40 days notice that his contract will be cancelled. He is absolutely sacked - we will not tolerate football players who get sent to jail for 18 months. As far as we are concerned, he is finished with football at Wigan Athletic."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]If Wigan don't sack him first.

already have

You're on the ball quicker than me, ISaw.......!

;o)
  • Options
    Haha, have you got Sky down there yet Oggy!!
  • Options
    Evidentley his agent has already contacted The Spanners.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Haha, have you got Sky down there yet Oggy!![div id=Attachments_564514 class=Attachments][ul][div]9710_georgie.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

Well, since you asked, Falcs .....

erm, no. Not at this moment in time.

Seriously, they won't let us watch Sky in the office, most unreasonable.
    So I just have to trawl the net when I get a quiet minute.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope this slime ball never plays football again. This is when fans abuse can be a good thing. If anyone thinks of signing him, it is up to fans to make sure it doesn't happen, scum, who will probably be out before the season is over. I hope to read a footnote in the paper in 10 years that said he died in a bedsit with no one he loved or that loved him around, he deserves it.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You take fit young teenagers with lots of testosterone, pay them more money in a week than their parents ever earned in a year... and - surprise, surprise - without proper mentoring and guidance they turn into selfish, abusive egomaniacs who go around saying 'do you know who I am' and smash people in the face when they don't get their own way.

King deserves 18 months for what he did - and another 18 months for his pathetic, cowardly lies claiming it was a case of mistaken identity.

But what does football do to educate the likes of Marlon King when they enter this world of grotesque money and privilege at an age when they don't know how to deal with it?

Some 25 years ago my good friend Kate Hoey - before she became an MP - was employed by Arsenal to educate its young players in life. Her 'pupils' included the teenage David Rocastle and Michael Thomas - whom, as far as I know, never gave anybody cause to criticise their conduct in any way whatsover. Her role was, quite simply, to teach them to cope with fame, adulation and money and remain decent human beings with proper values and their feet firmly planted on the ground at the same time. Arsenal felt it was important enough to pay her a substantial salary to do this.

Do clubs still do that sort of thing? I rather suspect not. And if they do, it clearly failed in the case of Marlon King.
  • Options
    he came from a broken home.
    Society is to blame.
    His culture is surpressed.
    It was the pressure.
    he didnt have opertunities as a lad.
    He was a victim in his yoof.

Or maybe he is just a c**t.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]I hope to read a footnote in the paper in 10 years that said he died in a bedsit with no one he loved or that loved him around,
    It's all bleeding hearts, on here.
  • Options
    Good signing for Ian Wright's team.
  • Options
    I hope all of you who say Lee Hughes is just a reformed criminal who served his time and has a right to ply his trade (playing football?!! Trade my arse!) once released will say the same about this worm.

Any club that touches this cretin is as bad as him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I hope all of you who say Lee Hughes is just a reformed criminal who served his time and has a right to ply his trade (playing football?!! Trade my arse!) once released will say the same about this worm.

Any club that touches this cretin is as bad as him.

Regretably, we've seen time and again that most clubs seem to overlook this sort of thing if they think they can contribute the team. Otherwise the likes of Bowyer, Bellamy, Barton etc, etc would be out of work and not earning an obscene amount from the game they drag through the dirt. He'll be back.
  • Options
    Don't just blame clubs, fans sudenly become forgiving when players start putting the ball in the back of the net.

If its an 18 month sentence he'll be out in 9 months, won't he. Hopefully the girl will be able to sue him.
  • Options
    I'm still astonished he was on 32k a week!

In 9 months he will be a free man. Hell get a contract somewhere. Some disgraceful little slapped will become his wag and we're back to square one
  • Options
    strange how Bowyer keeps croping up in these threads yet the charges were thrown out against him , and Woodgate was found guilty and then went onto play for England ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I'm still astonished he was on 32k a week!

In 9 months he will be a free man. Hell get a contract somewhere. Some disgraceful little slapped will become his wag and we're back to square one[/quote]

I am not surprised by his wages at all.

This is exactly why even the likes of Celtic and Rangers are outbid for players by the likes of Hull and Stoke, because despite selling out to 50,000 crowds every week they get 4 million per year TV money compared to 40 million plus for the Premiership clubs.

Hence, dog shite like Marlon King and Marlon Harewood pull in 30K per week.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    Hence, dog shite like Marlon King and Marlon Harewood pull in 30K per week.

Is it the "Marlon" factor ....?
  • Options
    Marlon Brando wasnt a very good striker either.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]strange how Bowyer keeps croping up in these threads yet the charges were thrown out against him , and Woodgate was found guilty and then went onto play for England ?

If it wasn't for Lee Bowyer we would never have got to where we got to. After we sold Parker we should of broke the bank to get him back in a Charlton shirt, really aggravates me the same people who would give Hughes, King etc a second chance hate the sight of Bowyer. I agree, the one game he played for England he did well and set up the goal, and he was cleared so the hatred toward him is on hearsay?? I'd have Lee Bowyer back here tomorrow.
  • Options
    Seems his lawyers have lodged an appeal.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]strange how Bowyer keeps croping up in these threads yet the charges were thrown out against him , and Woodgate was found guilty and then went onto play for England ?[/quote]

If it wasn't for Lee Bowyer we would never have got to where we got to. After we sold Parker we should of broke the bank to get him back in a Charlton shirt, really aggravates me the same people who would give Hughes, King etc a second chance hate the sight of Bowyer. I agree, the one game he played for England he did well and set up the goal, and he was cleared so the hatred toward him is on hearsay?? I'd have Lee Bowyer back here tomorrow.[/quote]

I am pretty sure we did try and get him back when he left Leeds but he opted for the megabucks on offer from Newcastle rather than our own modest offering.

It is funny though how Woodgate has emerged from all that a relative cleanskin whereas Bowyer has always carried the taint, although Lee has not always helped himself at times.
  • Options
    Ready what Tony Finnegan says. Not a very good agent if he didnt expect it.

And McDonalds wouldnt employ him!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wigan_athletic/8332728.stm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]strange how Bowyer keeps croping up in these threads yet the charges were thrown out against him , and Woodgate was found guilty and then went onto play for England ?

If it wasn't for Lee Bowyer we would never have got to where we got to. After we sold Parker we should of broke the bank to get him back in a Charlton shirt, really aggravates me the same people who would give Hughes, King etc a second chance hate the sight of Bowyer. I agree, the one game he played for England he did well and set up the goal, and he was cleared so the hatred toward him is on hearsay?? I'd have Lee Bowyer back here tomorrow.

fully agreed
  • Options
    18 months is a joke but it's 18 months more than Gerrard got...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]You take fit young teenagers with lots of testosterone, pay them more money in a week than their parents ever earned in a year... and - surprise, surprise - without proper mentoring and guidance they turn into selfish, abusive egomaniacs who go around saying 'do you know who I am' and smash people in the face when they don't get their own way.

King deserves 18 months for what he did - and another 18 months for his pathetic, cowardly lies claiming it was a case of mistaken identity.

But what does football do to educate the likes of Marlon King when they enter this world of grotesque money and privilege at an age when they don't know how to deal with it?

Some 25 years ago my good friend Kate Hoey - before she became an MP - was employed by Arsenal to educate its young players in life. Her 'pupils' included the teenage David Rocastle and Michael Thomas - whom, as far as I know, never gave anybody cause to criticise their conduct in any way whatsover. Her role was, quite simply, to teach them to cope with fame, adulation and money and remain decent human beings with proper values and their feet firmly planted on the ground at the same time. Arsenal felt it was important enough to pay her a substantial salary to do this.

Do clubs still do that sort of thing? I rather suspect not. And if they do, it clearly failed in the case of Marlon King.

I'm sorry Nigel but whilst i can see where you're coming from, Marlon King shouldn't have needed any kind of guidance, tutoring, mentoring etc to prevent him from groping a woman and then punching her full in the face when she turned him down. And all this whilst being married and having found out his wife had just got pregnant. The bloke is just a complete and utter c*nt, has a string of convictions going back 12 years and no amount of guidance would've helped him.
    His first offence was as a 17 year old amateur player, he headbutted an opponent and then punched him, fracturing his cheek and eye socket. That had nothing to do with his fame and money in the bank, he wasn't even a pro at the time.