Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Seen any good (or bad) films lately?

Comments

• Options
    Grease 2 is so awful its funny..
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Saw Get Smart yesterday - one or two funny bits, mainly those that appear in the trailer apart from that very little with Terence Stamp as the unconvincing slightly camp baddy - Basically Its Johnny English without the humour.

Also recently seen Star Wars - The Clone Wars. This really is scraping the barrel. That they managed to get somebody to do a passable impression of Ewan McGregor's odd portrayal of Obe Wan Kanobe was surreal. My son loved it, it was too loud for me to doze off which I so wanted to do.
  • Options
    not seen all of it yet but if anyone likes music in particular dance music then this is gonna be of intrest

following soulwax/2manydjs around the world for the last three years

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Part-of-the-Weekend-Never-Dies/19468273533?ref=ts
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I made Dec watch Grease 2 the other week. can't say he's in a rush to watch that again.
    Only one memorable song from that film, but it's a good'un - "Cool Rider"

what about 'Reproduction', 'let's bowl' and 'lets do it for our country'

classics!!!! :-)
    Yeah....but I only remember them now you've mentioned them. I'll stick with my original "only one memorable song" statment thanks! ;-p
  • Options
    Watched Outlaw last night, Nick Love film. Now i think Danny Dyer is pwoper twat but kind of liked him in this one as he kept getting beaten up. Plus my main man Sean Bean was in it who is fabulous. Not a bad watch if you dont mind gritty violent films - i had to look away a couple of scenes as a bit too gritty for me.
  • Options
    I saw a few films over the weekend.

Chaos Theory - Its got Ryan Reynolds in it about some chap who has his whole life changed by one small event. reasonable but I wouldnt go out of your way to see it. Good soundtrack though.

The Happening - Wish Id come here first. One of the worst, poorly acted, no script films I've ever seen. 2 hours of my life I'll never get back

Suspension - A weird low budget american film about 2 people who are directly or indirectly involved in a car crash and one of them can stop time using a video camera and starts stalking the other one. Just odd.

Spiderwick Chronicles. - Its a bit of a kids movie but it was really good. Recommended.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Watched Outlaw last night, Nick Love film. Now i think Danny Dyer is pwoper twat but kind of liked him in this one as he kept getting beaten up. Plus my main man Sean Bean was in it who is fabulous. Not a bad watch if you dont mind gritty violent films - i had to look away a couple of scenes as a bit too gritty for me.

How did he mange to escape from the OB?...
  • Options
    No idea - that bit was stupid. tho good result in the end.
  • Options
    Dude where's my car! It was so bad it was good!
  • Options
    Saw Taken on Sunday with Liam Neeson. Not a bad film - easy to watch but a predictable plot and ending which is shame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I took Dec to see Grease last wednesday - never seen it at the cinema - loved it.
    Happy Go Lucky - Awesome
    watched Pan's Labyrinth on Sunday night. Was surprised as I thought it would be different - but did enjoy it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Watched Outlaw last night, Nick Love film. Now i think Danny Dyer is pwoper twat but kind of liked him in this one as he kept getting beaten up. Plus my main man Sean Bean was in it who is fabulous. Not a bad watch if you dont mind gritty violent films - i had to look away a couple of scenes as a bit too gritty for me.

I liked this purely because Danny Dyer gets a pasting!

I watched 3:10 to Yuma (2007 remake) yesterday (unemployed so have been watching either films or crap daytime TV!) and thought it was very good. Thought Russel Crowe and Christian Bale were excellent.

Today's film is another remake, a slasher movie called Black Christmas - I bet it's still better than watching Richard & Judy!
  • Options
    Im going to see The Women on thursday with some girls. i shall report back. No Tavern is not going.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]so both two negatives for happening and american gangster. Had heard american gangster was good.

er no Da9 - he didnt speak much english.

It wasn't a bad film, just not as good as the hype, Eastern Promises as an English gangster fim (well Russians in London) is good

Quality film, really well done I thought.

I went to see Eden Lake and Tropic Thunder the other week. Eden Lake was silly, bit over the top and looks like it was made by a middle/upper class homosexual who got a bit lost.

Tropic Thunder was hilarious, right up my street took a while for me to get into it but every time Robert Downey jnr was on screen I was doubled up in fits of laughter, same going for Tom Cruise playing a fat bald man. Steve Coogan has a good cameo too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Wilma[/cite]

I liked this purely because Danny Dyer gets a pasting!

I watched 3:10 to Yuma (2007 remake) yesterday (unemployed so have been watching either films or crap daytime TV!) and thought it was very good. Thought Russel Crowe and Christian Bale were excellent.

Today's film is another remake, a slasher movie called Black Christmas - I bet it's still better than watching Richard & Judy!

I would say get a job or on job seekers unless your a house mum?
  • Options
    Ha Ha, not a house mum. After a week at home I'm bored silly so am looking for a job!!!
  • Options
    Watched Run Fat Boy Run on Sky over the weekend. Loved it. Simon Pegg films always seem to be great.

Wasn't as big a fan of Hot Fuzz though too similar to League of Extraordinary Gentleman. Now Shaun of the Dead never fails to make me laugh and have seen it countless times.
  • Options
    In Bruge - bizarre but good
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]In Bruge - bizarre but good

I loved that movie...

"Anywhere in the world and we're in fecking brugge" "Brugge"
  • Options
    Saw Brideshead Revisited on Saturday. Don't waste your time and money, it starts slowly and loses speed throughout. Dull dull dull.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I saw "I've Loved You So Long" last night. A great film about a woman (Kristin Scott Thomas) rebuilding her life with the background of a terrible past causing all the shadows in a picture that is otherwise clear as day. Not exceptional but it is wonderfully acted and directed. (Subtitled)
  • Options
    Saw The Strangers last night. Horror film and actually quite scary.Had the heart pumping a few times. I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    What's the new film about Joe Meek called? I think Ralph Little plays Chas from Chas & Dave...
  • Options
    Can thoroughly agree with those reccomending 'In Bruge', Darkly comic, i loved it.

I also surprisingly really enjoyed 'What happened in Vegas' head and shoulders above most Rom Com's which i hate, i guess the difference is that Kutcher plays a normal bloke as the lead rather than character than some sap.

Gone Baby Gone - really good, I loved the book. And thought the Afflecks did a decent job on the Characters. Be warned the wife found the film really depressing however.

I can also reccommend you to avoid Vantage Point which starts really well, but has the worst last 20 minutes of a film ever terrible twist and
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Bad films....

Came in the other night and the Mrs was watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I'm not one to just dismiss chick flicks and I've even been known to actually like a couple but...and it might be me...but this is one desperately, god awfully bad film. I saw it at the cinema with her and thought it then, seeing some of it again re-affirmed it.

Bad on every level and Russell Brand was actually the only highlight simply cos it needed someone to supply a kick in the b*ll*cks to what is a dreadful script, dreadful acting, obvious plot and worst of all...Jason Segel.
  • Options
    so it was that bad, that after watching it at the cinema your wife went and bought the DVD as well???
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]What's the new film about Joe Meek called? I think Ralph Little plays Chas from Chas & Dave..

Telstar, i think Simon Jordan supplied the funds for the whole of this film.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]so it was that bad, that after watching it at the cinema your wife went and bought the DVD as well???
    Bought for her actually...she loves the film which makes me wonder if I've missed something, she's not usually a bad judge!!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Bad films....

Came in the other night and the Mrs was watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I'm not one to just dismiss chick flicks and I've even been known to actually like a couple but...and it might be me...but this is one desperately, god awfully bad film. I saw it at the cinema with her and thought it then, seeing some of it again re-affirmed it.

Bad on every level and Russell Brand was actually the only highlight simply cos it needed someone to supply a kick in the b*ll*cks to what is a dreadful script, dreadful acting, obvious plot and worst of all...Jason Segel.

I enjoyed it has some funny jokes and the hotel receptionist oh yes!
  • Options
    wrong brunette sorry!