Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Seen any good (or bad) films lately?

1235»

Comments

• This is the one!
  • Now that's just spiteful. How is anyone supposed to cast a perveye over a picture that bloody small? Give us something we can USE man...
  • Use......? Like your style!!
  • edited October 2008
    Think this is what you're after
  • Saw Curse of the Golden Flower last night on Blu-ray. A mix of drama and bloody violence, House of the Flying Daggers styley. Enjoyed it very much. Amazing sets, great action set pieces (but maybe too few) and an OK, if not a little simple plot.
  • Watched Lucky Number Slevin again the other week, I think the film is quality!
  • I saw Burn After Reading last week. I am a big fan of the Coen Brothers but this was not a particularly good film. I had no sympathy for any of the characters despite some good displays. If you've ever wondered what Victor Meldrew might be like Holloywood style then take a look at John Malkovich's performance.
  • I saw Saw V last night.

Thought it was meant to be the last one and clear up some loose ends. Did nothing of the sort.

One of the worst of all five - not even as gory as previous ones. I know you need to accept these type of films for what they are but even by Saw standards I thought it was poor.
  • Saw Wanted on DVD last week. Was okay, but nothing spectacular. Morgan Freeman was awful in it and Angelina Jolie was her usual wooden self. James McAvoy did well with a plot that was essentially very similar to star wars.

Also watch son of rambow at the weekend, which is a must for anyone at school in the 80's. was like a fature lenght episode of 'why don't you...' directed by the goodies.
  • with WSS

Worst film i have seen in many years piss poor
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]I saw Burn After Reading last week. I am a big fan of the Coen Brothers but this was not a particularly good film. I had no sympathy for any of the characters despite some good displays. If you've ever wondered what Victor Meldrew might be like Holloywood style then take a look at John Malkovich's performance.

Thought it was pretty good, actually. Classic George Clooney overacting and some very funny lines (though we were often the only ones in the cinema laughing - think some of the audience hadn't realised it was meant to be a comedy...) Not a watch over and over again classic like Fargo or Brother where art thou, but a reasonable evening's entertainment.

Know what you mean re John M. I still would, though :-)
  • edited October 2008
    thought the plot went loose towards the end but i did enjoy it.

brad pitt's character was hilarious, the scene when he made the phonecall to john malkovich had me in stitches.
  • Saw "Son of Rambow" which was excellent. Very creative and well done.

And "Run Fat Boy Run", which was also very good. A good light hearted comedy.
  • I saw Adulthood, what a load of tosh...
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]I saw Burn After Reading last week. I am a big fan of the Coen Brothers but this was not a particularly good film. I had no sympathy for any of the characters despite some good displays. If you've ever wondered what Victor Meldrew might be like Holloywood style then take a look at John Malkovich's performance.

Thought it was pretty good, actually. Classic George Clooney overacting and some very funny lines (though we were often the only ones in the cinema laughing - think some of the audience hadn't realised it was meant to be a comedy...) Not a watch over and over again classic like Fargo or Brother where art thou, but a reasonable evening's entertainment.

Know what you mean re John M. I still would, though :-)

I enjoyed it too, but the characters were, as sco says, very unsympathetic.

Just been to see W, Josh Brolin is very good as Dubya, enjoyed it, but a bit long.
  • Anyone seen Mike Leigh's "Happy Go Lucky" yet?
  • Took about 15 minutes to get into the musical thing with Sweeney Todd, but once I got the hang of it I loved it. .
    Absolutely. I watched it last night and thought it was bloody brilliant (no pun intended). I haven't been able to stop thinking about it today which shows what an impression it made. I normally don't like Tim Burton films but I thought the way it was done fitted exactly with such a gruesome tale.