Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rick Everitt - MP?

Anyone seen this?

Standing for Labour

Comments

• Options
    Ketman would be the best person to ask about this
  • Options
    All vote tory !!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Ketman would be the best person to ask about this

lol
  • Options
    Ifhe really wanted to be a MP he wouldnt stand for labour in Old Bexley ! its a move to make himlook good in "the party" and maybe he will get a "safer" seat sometime in future. I suggest Rotherham.
  • Options
    i suggest the outer hebrides
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Why dont Rick stand for a Member of European Parliment more power and more money that way ;-)

Anyway me and Len Glover are off to climb a crane near the Houses of Commons to ask for the a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Ifhe really wanted to be a MP he wouldnt stand for labour in Old Bexley ! its a move to make himlook good in "the party" and maybe he will get a "safer" seat sometime in future. I suggest Rotherham.

What a strange thing to say GH, Of course he has to serve his time by running for a hard to win seat, most MPs do. Nothing to do with looking good in the party. He has to show that he is up to a parliamentry campaign and prove himself. Same thing happens with tories having to fight inner city labour strongholds.

Regardless of what people might think of him or the Labour party he was a local councillor so he's not some "high flyer" that has been parachuted in by head office.

Doubt he will win this time but it would be good to have another football fan and a Charlton one at that in the House.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    It'd be curios if Labour win the Ted Heath's old seat. Don't think Mr E will prevail somehow.

Still, if he were to win the seat he could start a House of Commons branch of the supporters club with Rodger Godsiff MP.
  • Options
    he could table a motion for getting home fans in the Jimmy Seed.
  • Options
    As a member of this forum, good luck Rick.

Conway lives down the next road to me, and done his very best to cock up on of the safest Tory seats of all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Ketman would be the best person to ask about this

Oh Perlease !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    Conway lives down the next road to me, and done his very best to cock up on of the safest Tory seats of all.

How the mighty have fallen eh? One minute he's on the telly three nights a week running the nick at Sun Hill in that regular documentary "The Bill" - the next he's slumming it is some run down council estate next to AFKA!
  • Options
    Jasmine Alan Avenue :-)
  • Options
    Someone has to stand for Labour in Old Bexley and Sidcup, as they do for the Tories in Greenwich and Woolwich or the Lib Dems anywhere in SE London, etc. Otherwise there isn't an election . . .

If you see everythng in terms of personal ambition then you will inevitably conclude it is a means to end, but actually it's more likely just to be an end.
  • Options
    So Airman Brown are you in favour of a Referedum on the Lisbon Treaty ?
  • Options
    What would the question be?
  • Options
    Wasn't he a member of the Valley Party? Did he stand against Labour?
    Jumping from one ship to another, these wannbe MPs are all the same ;-)
  • Options
    If I recall, Airman B could not stand as he was not residing in Greenwich. His VotV Co-editor did though I think.
  • Options
    I was involved but the Valley Party didn't have members as such. It obviously did have candidates, but I wasn't eligible because I didn't live in Greenwich.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I, and probably the majority of people would have a referendum on leaving the EU all together but New Labour and in fact the Tories would not have the guts to as they 1. They are on such a gravy train out there. Their families included. 2. They are scared of the result.

Some respect for Nick Clegg of the Lib Dems who wants this question put to the people. Even though they are for a European State - Country.

Lets see true democracy take place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kets how are you going to let all these people bad mouth your father like this ;-)
  • Options
    Father I thought it was his brother ,that's why Kets wear's the baseball cap coz they've got the same hairstyle ;-)
  • Options
    I am silently steaming at my desk !
  • Options
    Pete they never will and we are in the EU untill they bleed us dry.

Its all about the "free market" and trading groups. If we had the bol** we should have said no to the EU and used the ComonWealth as a trading block. Canada--India--Singapor--HK--Aus--new Zealand--SA etc etc a toe in each corner of the World access to each market. We should have course changed from the pound to the commonwealth dollar in reverance to the leader of the free world the USA.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I am silently steaming at my desk !

Why? Do you not approve of your old man running for MP?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I am silently laying a steamer at my desk !

Eurgh! Go wash yourself Ketman
  • Options
    For the record, I don't have a problem with a referendum on leaving the EU, although the Lib Dems are offering it because they know they will never be in power to stage it and to avoid the issues around the treaty. They are and always have been more pro the EU than any other party,

A referendum on the treaty would for many people be a proxy for staying in or getting out, but satisfactory to no one because the issues aren't susceptible to a single yes or no answer. For exampe, the treaty sets out a mechanism for leaving the EU for the first time, but anti-EU people would be voting against this innovation if they voted against the treaty. They'd be opposing the mechanism they want to use.

Personally, I think it's pie in the sky to think we could ever leave the EU, which is why I think the antis would lose a referendum on leaving, but I'd be happy to have one. Not that the antis would accept the result even then, of course.
  • Options
    Forget the Europe stuff, this is where i fall down on the whole situation.

Am i voting for the individual who i think will best represent the individuals and businesses in my constituancy, who if i had particular issues i think would be the most approachable, and most likely to help my cause ? Or am i simply voting for what party i want to run the country ?

Effectively, in a general election it is the 2nd point, so why should my vote have to be put against the former ?
  • Options
    Your vote is supposed to be based in the 1st choice, in most cases it's the 2nd though.
  • Options
    All of the above.Some vote because of "party loyalty" and some for the individual. I did for Rosy barnes as she had the gonads to be knocking on doors at night in Deptford (West Greenwich).

I would make it compulsary to vote as in Aus.