Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rick Everitt - MP?

124»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]

Point of order - I haven't been Charlton's communications manager since 2002, but the club can't bar its employees from political activity anyway, especially outside Greenwich.

Rick, I wish you all the best for the coming fight - up hill it maybe, but democracy needs people to engage in the process and offer a choice. Although not a Labour supporter, in the immortal words of Kevin Keegan "I'd luv it" if you won - that would really shake the tree.
  • Options
    Good luck to you Rick!

For the record, I have a variety of mates from all around Europe, and none of them are particularly happy with either the EU or their national governments. The overwhelming opinion is that they just support their rich benefactors, and look after their own personal interests.
  • Options
    Point of order Airman it could be classed as Gross Misconduct bringing down the clubs good name by having someone involved with the Labour Party !

Im kidding well maybe.
  • Options
    got my flyer through the door today.

a fresh start for old bexley & sidcup.

good luck.
  • Options
    Bad timing Rick ... the expenses boat has now been sunk ;-)
  • Options
    Vote Ketman Snr !
  • Options
    Rick, I admire your workrate and I admire everything you have done for our club over the years,but in this instance(and I live in Sidcup) no vote I'm afraid, I know the existing MP is a waster but the tossers ruinning the country,sorry that should be running the country have got to go. It makes me fume just thinking about the tossers they have completely led the country to rack and ruin. For me the election can't come quickly enough.
  • Options
    disappointing to see that the Tory candidate is a carpet-bagger from over the river

would have much preferred to see James Cleverly get the nod
  • Options
    Vote Valley!
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to voting as I have had to have a proxy vote for many years past.

I will vote for anyone from any party who isn't self-righteous self serving or self-important, someone who listens to people with a different point of view to their own, is flexible and compassionate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that rules out rick then ; - )

Good luck, bit of a tough one to win but hope you do it.
  • Options
    I live in the Lewisham East constituency and get an almost weekly letter these days from the Liberal Democrats. The Liberal Democrats seem to have us as one of their 'targets', and are salivating for power in my district....for that reason alone I am suspicious of them....my sitting MP is standing down and they reckon they're in.
    If I lived in Bexley I would vote for Rick no problem.
    I quite like the idea that your local MP represents you, and your district and your community, rather than voting for a party, and Rick has been active in SE London for years.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite].
    Hmn interesting point you raise there....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite].
    Hmn interesting point you raise there....

Thought it was a bit pointless myself ; - )
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    EVERITT FOR PARLAIMENT

I'm hopeful that Rick can defy the odds in a safe Tory seat and win so that I have reason to watch Prime Minister's Questions on C-SPAN.
    Being in League 1, there isn't enough Charlton on the telly over here these days.
    And we all know that Rick isn't afraid to ask a question, or give his opinion!
  • Options
    and there I was thinking it was all about representing constituents.
    As Mark Thomas said anyone applying for a gun licence or wanting to be an MP should automatically be exluded.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Good luck to you Rick!

For the record, I have a variety of mates from all around Europe, and none of them are particularly happy with either the EU or their national governments. The overwhelming opinion is that they just support their rich benefactors, and look after their own personal interests.

Rather blowing ones own trumpet, but pre- expenses scandal, I think I rather hit the nail on the head with that one...
  • Options
    Have the Tories turned their back on their Thatcherite tradition (and if so, replaced it with what) ?
    She said 'There is no such thing as society, only individual men and women and families'. I feel this attitude is at the heart of their looking after number one philosophy....quite a good philosophy..........for hermits.