Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Flare.....

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
Would I be right in thinking that Charlton could quite possibly be fined for that last night - due to the question being asked of how they got into the ground with it????

Comments

• Options
    Lets hope not. Thought that crap had died out with the dinosaurs......Still it is Brizzle !
  • Options
    They might close the stadium and do us all a favour ;-)
  • Options
    Flares ? i think Henry still wears his.
  • Options
    no problem with flares, but throwing it from the very back was criminally stupid.

Just lucky it managed to make the pitch otherwise someone could of been left in a bad way.
  • Options
    I know I hope not too - but you know what the FA are like with us - Any excuse to slap our wrists!!

I just couldn't understand the mind of the idiot that threw it! If he/she hadn't have cleared the crowed and made the pitch they could have caused serious injury to the fans around them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Flares ? i think Henry still wears his.

I think I stopped wearing flares a long time before you did GH.

Anyway they are called bootleg trousers now I believe. I also hear that sales of cardigans have soared recently which will please Kap10.

Back to the City flare. Stupid thing to do and I hope the guy was caught and will banned so he misses City's season/s in the prem.
  • Options
    some flares produce no heat at all. Which still dont mean they should throw it , or anything.Mind you seems a good few of our fans threw a wobbly re the second half display !
  • Options
    My sources have told me that Charlton are in deep trouble for this as the stewards are supposed to search away fans before entering the ground and this got in - also Charlton were prepared for about 400 Bristol Fans but abotu 100 turnt up!

The fact that the flare got in and was on the pitch means the staff didnt do there job correctly and so we are in trouble......

Typical ay!!
  • Options
    Shame it didnt fall on the carrot crunchers Worzel Gummidge esque barnet!!! The whole lot of them would have gone up like Camden!!
  • Options
    you could hide a flare in a program or anything - think it would be harsh if the club got done for it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: KieranBrown[/cite]My sources have told me that Charlton are in deep trouble for this as the stewards are supposed to search away fans before entering the ground and this got in - also Charlton were prepared for about 400 Bristol Fans but abotu 100 turnt up!

The fact that the flare got in and was on the pitch means the staff didnt do there job correctly and so we are in trouble......

Typical ay!!

Deep trouble? Why? Will certainly be investigated and reviewed but objects get thrown on pitches quite often. No one was hurt and it looked like the police went into pull out the guy who threw it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KieranBrown[/cite]My sources have told me that Charlton are in deep trouble for this as the stewards are supposed to search away fans before entering the ground and this got in - also Charlton were prepared for about 400 Bristol Fans but abotu 100 turnt up!

Typical ay!!

Deep trouble? Why? Will certainly be investigated and reviewed but objects get thrown on pitches quite often. No one was hurt and it looked like the police went into pull out the guy who threw it.

Where the police went in wasn't where the flare came from though - Unless the culprit had moved after throwing it.........

*takes off detectives hat* ;-)
  • Options
    The Ob were trying to throw out a bloke who decided to stand on the barrier in the middle of the stand. He then hid back in with the rest of them and then they tried to throw him out.

The flare came from the back right of the stand. Very near to a bloke in a bright yellow jacket.
  • Options
    Very dangerous I'm sure, but don't they look great?

Like crazy old days in Europe.

I know, I know!
  • Options
    Added to the atmosphere....but Health and Safety.....?
  • Options
    Can you buy them in this country? I thought they were illegal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Very dangerous I'm sure, but don't they look great?

Like crazy old days in Europe.

I know, I know!

they had them at roma v lazio last year, looks amazing!

I liked the look of it too, but agree, there wasn't a safe exclusion zone, the correct gloves, scarf and hard hat/shoes combo weren't applied, and there wasn't a written risk assesment completed before it was lit. shame.
  • Options
    I was more concerned (and embarrased) by our supports reaction to it. All booing as though we are perfect, wouldn't even dare to fart in a ground support. If only our support was more like theirs!
    So they through a flare, not the first time it's happened in the last week or so even. You often see them on the Kop at Anfield for European nights! Agreed it was a bit dodgy throwing it so far. I didn't think it would make it, but it did, no one died, they brought decent numbers, stood up and had a good time, which is what supporting your team is all about. Compare that to most of our away turnouts. I know what I would prefer!!!
  • Options
    TO, agree completely, would be very happy if our support was more like theirs re passion.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: The Organiser[/cite]I was more concerned (and embarrased) by our supports reaction to it. All booing as though we are perfect, wouldn't even dare to fart in a ground support. If only our support was more like theirs!
    So they through a flare, not the first time it's happened in the last week or so even. You often see them on the Kop at Anfield for European nights! Agreed it was a bit dodgy throwing it so far. I didn't think it would make it, but it did, no one died, they brought decent numbers, stood up and had a good time, which is what supporting your team is all about. Compare that to most of our away turnouts. I know what I would prefer!!!
    If he just held it then fair enough but he launched it. 10 foot less and a kid could have been hit in the face. I know it didnt but thats besides the point in my opinion.

I think the booing was more of a thought that they were "attacking our ground" rather the fact that they had a flare.

It was one person though, and like Stu says below - there was a moron who threw a bottle from the NU against Watford - if that hit someone in the NL i'm sure he would get turned upon by our own.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't see how the flare was any worse than the bottle of water launched from the North Upper against Watford, the only difference was not everyone could see it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I don't see how the flare was any worse than the bottle of water launched from the North Upper against Watford, the only difference was not everyone could see it.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    The Operator, you seem impressed by their turnout, surely any side that is looking good for a second successive promotion on a crest of a wave would boast a similar following, I am personally impressed by struggling teams having a large following singing when they are losing? Very easy to support a club when they are winning.
  • Options
    if you had a flare in one of our away games you would be told to SIDDARN.
  • Options
    CHG, it was not the number of people that impressed me, it was the way they supported their team, the way every supporter should, with passion and volume.

Something the majority of Charlton fans lack at the majority of away games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I don't see how the flare was any worse than the bottle of water launched from the North Upper against Watford, the only difference was not everyone could see it.

Think I know which I'd rather be hit by!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]CHG, it was not the number of people that impressed me, it was the way they supported their team, the way every supporter should, with passion and volume.

Something the majority of Charlton fans lack at the majority of away games.
  • Options
    I wasn't shocked or offended, i just thought it was a good chance to shout 'w***ers' having just conceded a goal..........
  • Options
    OUTRAGED AT THE FACILITIES IN THE SOUTH STAND - BRISTOL CITY FANS SET IT ALIGHT
    2082771-Football-Krakow.jpg
  • Options
    there support was something we can only dream of,boy i hate that cafc song.