Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Flare.....

124»

Comments

• Options
    Bing........you seem clued up on the stuff

The big question........can you still buy it?
  • Options
    Ask me another.....

yours for only 99p
  • Options
    Brings tears to my eyes

Have just filled my basket
  • Options
    any1 know how long izale is out for???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Brings tears to my eyes

Have just filled my basket

Is that a euphemism or have you really shelled out...?
  • Options
    That was me that plebbed the bog roll onto the pitch at Layer Road. Because Medders big fat swede was in the way it only just made it and didn't even unravel
  • Options
    That was such a girlie throw Dicko. Even came with a girlie "urggh" as you threw it...
  • Options
    If we didn't have such stupid laws they wouldn't have thrown it just held it up like everyone else in the world does. But of course they'd get nicked for creating a bit of atmosphere so they had to lob it. Ever been to a game in Ireland? Cork City gates of a couple of thousand yet there's fifty people holding flares up, continuous singing from 90 minutes before kick-off to 30 minutes after, etc. If only English football was like that.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I recently went rome and saw roma vs fiorentina and the roma fans were brilliant.i sat opposite the stand where the ultras are and they were holding flares and throwing bangers that made the whole stadium shake, waving huge flags for 90 minutes and constantly singing.the atmosphere was amazing. best ive ever been to!
  • Options
    the old bust ticket roll i remember me and Ginge up the common waiting for a 53 to the game always the conducter gave us a couple of rolls for the footy

Rattles were they not banned as they could eb used as weapons?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sawn off rattles could cause a lot of damage
  • Options
    Found my football rattle last night in a box in the eves of my house that has loads of old Charlton stuff.

Couldn't find my Charlton/Celtic ski hat. Who else had one of those half Charlton/half rangers/celtic/dundee hats and does anyone have a celtic one they want to give me. It's for the boy, honest. : -)
  • Options
    Henry stick it on the bonfire

Ill have a Rangers when if anyone has a old one they dont want

Now the question is how many had the Dundee one?
    I mate Bro had one but cant find it in the loft
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Henry stick it on the bonfire

Or if you've got a flare handy set light to it with that.....;-)
  • Options
    I had 3-celtic,Brazil and for some bizarre reason a st mirren one(havent a clue why) will have to dig them out of senior glass halfs loft
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: ChiAddick[/cite]

i recently went rome and saw roma vs fiorentina and the roma fans were brilliant.i sat opposite the stand where the ultras are and they were holding flares and throwing bangers that made the whole stadium shake, waving huge flags for 90 minutes and constantly singing.the atmosphere was amazing. best ive ever been to!

These are the Italian Ultra fans who regularly stab their opponents fans and with whom clashes recently led to the death of a policeman? Why not bring machine guns firing tracer bullets, that'll make a spectacular display and an amazing atmosphere!!

I'm sorry great atmosphere unless you happen to be caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChiAddick[/cite]floydandharvey CommentTime4 hours ago permalink

i recently went rome and saw roma vs fiorentina and the roma fans were brilliant.i sat opposite the stand where the ultras are and they were holding flares and throwing bangers that made the whole stadium shake, waving huge flags for 90 minutes and constantly singing.the atmosphere was amazing. best ive ever been to!

We sat (stood) in the Roma end for the game we saw v's lazio. we had to help unravel the banners that we didnt know what they said, and there were explosions going off next to us. amazing. this was all about 90 mins before the game kicked off!
  • Options
    These are the Italian Ultra fans who regularly stab their opponents fans and with whom clashes recently led to the death of a policeman? Why not bring machine guns firing tracer bullets, that'll make a spectacular display and an amazing atmosphere!!

I'm sorry great atmosphere unless you happen to be caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

point taken. English football is past that stage now. what im saying is that we should take some elements from european atmospheres. flags on sticks for example are banned from many grounds! just the intense atmosphere really does make for better viewing in my opinion. my personal view is that there are too many rules at our football stadiums. not being allowed to stand being one of those rules.

from what i saw in italy there was total lack of stewarding and policing and this is probably one of the reason there are so many incidents. i do think if there was such little police presence at grounds in this country the trouble would just be as bad!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChiAddick[/cite]flags on sticks for example are banned from many grounds! just the intense atmosphere really does make for better viewing in my opinion.
    Chelsea last night, the League Cup final and Liverpool at home always have the flags don't they?
  • Options
    i wasnt allowed into boro with my flag for the fa cup replay.

i saw a young boy get his flag taken off him at arsenal last year.

i think its at the clubs discression