Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Flare.....

Comments

• Options
    I reckon I'd rather be hit by a non-heat emitting flare that can't really do much harm, than a bottle full of water that I imagine would bloody hurt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I don't see how the flare was any worse than the bottle of water launched from the North Upper against Watford, the only difference was not everyone could see it.

Think I know which I'd rather be hit by!

Agreed - A bottle of water wouldn't set fire to my hair or clothes! ;-)
  • Options
    your be silly now stu.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I reckon I'd rather be hit by a non-heat emitting flare that can't really do much harm, than a bottle full of water that I imagine would bloody hurt.
    especially if it had the deadly lid on
  • Options
    or if the lid came off mid flight.
  • Options
    I'm being serious guys, most modern day flares are pretty safe and would struggle to set a bundle of hay on fire.
  • Options
    unlike bottles of evian water
  • Options
    Which could leak and ruin my hair, this is a very serious issue nolly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I'm being serious guys, most modern day flares are pretty safe and would struggle to set a bundle of hay on fire.

It made a good job of setting fire to the pitch last night...... Or was that just the smoke of the flare.....

:-)
  • Options
    Red Handheld Flares - These are used to identify your position once the rescue services are looking for you. Rather like a powerful sparkler, you hold them in your hand throughout the time they are burning. The metal will become very hot; it may actually melt, and so always hold the flare at an angle so any molten material falls away from your hand. Once the flare has burnt out it will remain hot for a long period of time so the safest course of action is to immerse the flare in water.

Bottle of Evian - these are used to quench your thirst after a heavy night on the beers. You may wish to buy a 2 litre bottle to keep your date from the night before wet as whales can die if they are out of the water too long.

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably just the smoke, all that hot air from Pardew had to catch up at some stage ;-)
  • Options
    bristol do flares we do bottles of water.
  • Options
    They clearly have the better fans!!!
  • Options
    come on, not saying it was crime of the century but it was a silly and dangerous thing to do. If they had scored at the other end and the flare had landed near Weaver would we all think "what a jolly weeze" and "what a boost to the atmosphere"?

Yes they made a good noise and got behind their team especially after they scored but that doesn't mean one of them is allowed to be stupid

People know the rules and what happens when you throw things. you get banned and your club gets into trouble.
  • Options
    make you right henry,i thought it was a wanky thing to do,i think they were loud last night,personally i dont like there fans from that cup game,and would love them at wembley at the playoffs,i fancy them to nose dive still.
  • Options
    The point was Henry, we are no better and break the exact same rules.
  • Options
    what we have flares? is it our ultras how exciting.
  • Options
    I meant the rules about throwing things nolly.

We have already agrred that bottled water can be extremely dangerous and perhaps even life threatening.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]The point was Henry, we are no better and break the exact same rules.[/quote]

Not denying that and hope whoever it threw the water bottle was got caught and banned as well. Stupid, dangerous and could have hurt another fan or the club.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure Medders got away with it, although the amount of games he misses he may have got banned, who knows.

Maybe you could report him to someone at the club, for the good of everyone

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    do we have ultras? imagine the covered end all lit up with flares and scarves twirling.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]do we have ultras? imagine the covered end all lit up with flares and scarves twirling.

I've got a luminous flask does that count?
  • Options
    it does at charlton len.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]do we have ultras? imagine the covered end all lit up with flares and scarves twirling.

I've got a luminous flask does that count?

LOL

Twirling tartan blankets perhaps

We do have a very big flag.
  • Options
    we have that yes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I'm pretty sure Medders got away with it, although the amount of games he misses he may have got banned, who knows.

Maybe you could report him to someone at the club, for the good of everyone

;-)

Good one Dave.

How's your ar*e for love bites?
  • Options
    Is this flag fire retardent, cant be too careful you know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA_9[/cite]Is this flag fire retardent, cant be too careful you know.

Oh yes and there is a risk assesment on file. I know cos I had to write it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: DA_9[/cite]Is this flag fire retardent, cant be too careful you know.[/quote]

Oh yes and there is a risk assesment on file. I know cos I had to write it.[/quote]

Do you know, I had a feeling someone would have to do that.... So on a scale of 1-10 of dangerous flags what are we talking about here, and do we have public liability insurance for all unforeseen events, and can I sue the club if they use the wrong detergent chemical agent to clean it and I get a rash???
  • Options
    main risk was passing it over the small TV gantry in the north Lower. If there was a camera there for a Sky game and the flag hit it and knocked it over the rail he would do a lot of damage.

The chemicals stop is catching fire if someone holds a flare or a really hot flask up to it.