Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wow Good news - they found young Shannon alive

Comments

• Options
    I just watched the interview on sky with the uncle i think, toothless bloke. Great stuff. Earlier they said they called an assembly at her school to announce the news and all the kiddies cried. Can imagine they are going to have one hell of a party in that town tonight.

And well done the neighbour who called the police.
  • Options
    Very good news that she was found alive and well. Although sound's like the Police had so much work to do, to track all the close relatives that could have taken her, as her mum had 7 kid's with 5 different men.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]Just to chuck in my tuppence worth on the McCanns, as far as I'm concerned they are stone wall guilty. Whether it is of crass stupidity, gross negligence or something more sinister remains to be seen.

A slight deviation from this story but does any one feel the same way i do about the mother who left her 15 year old daughter with a tour guide in Goa while she carries on touring India. The girl gets drugged and raped before being murdered. To me the mother carries as much guilt as the McCanns.
  • Options
    I hope I'm wrong but I smell a rat in this case. Something doesn't seem right. I don't know why but I have a feeling that some sort of scam might be going on here. Not saying that her Mum is involved but it won't be long before some sicko arranges for a mate/relation to kidnap a kid and then once a reward is put up then tip off the Police where to find her and then claim the reward. As I say, just a feeling I've got.

As for the girl in Goa, please don't get me started on that one. The woman has taken a lot of stick, and rightly so, but why were the McCann's let off relatively lightly in comparison. Was it because they were middle class and doctor's and no-one dare criticise them ? The woman in this case must be barmy if she thinks she hasn't done anything wrong. For starters she already knew her 15 yr old daughter was having a sexual relationship with the tour guide 10 years her senior. Some people don't deserve kids.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]Just to chuck in my tuppence worth on the McCanns, as far as I'm concerned they are stone wall guilty. Whether it is of crass stupidity, gross negligence or something more sinister remains to be seen.

A slight deviation from this story but does any one feel the same way i do about the mother who left her 15 year old daughter with a tour guide in Goa while she carries on touring India. The girl gets drugged and raped before being murdered. To me the mother carries as much guilt as the McCanns.

Sorry Kap10/ Large, have to say that we are dealing with (probably) two cases of parents losing children here..

Both sets of parents will have to live with that for the rest of their lives- and even if they are too blame, the guilt hanging over them will blight the rest of their lives.

There is too much supposition here, surounding both disappearances.

Let this thread just simply show our relief that there isn't another dead child and broken set of parents..
  • Options
    Sorry Stanmore but I have to totally disagree here. Whatever the circumstances you cannot escape the fact that adults, in both cases, either left their children unattended or in the care of persons practically unknown to them, and then something quite tragic has happened to those children. In my opinion the parents are entirely to blame and whilst I feel for their loss I feel just as angry at their crass stupidity.
  • Options
    Whatever. Made my day when I heard she had been found alive and well, the ins and outs I don't think are really for us to discuss on a Charlton board??
  • Options
    The parents to have to take responsibility for putting their children at risk but saying they are totally to blame is, IMHO, unfair and wrong.

Ultimately the children are victims of the kidnapper/rapist and they, whoever they may be, are to blame
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The parents to have to take responsibility for putting their children at risk but saying they are totally to blame is, IMHO, unfair and wrong.

Ultimately the children are victims of the kidnapper/rapist and they, whoever they may be, are to blame

I agree. However, as Stanmore has said (and I opened pandoras box on the goa incident) lets be happy in the finding of Shannon and hope that the unwinding of this story does not become as sinister as it looks like.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I hope I'm wrong but I smell a rat in this case. Something doesn't seem right. I don't know why but I have a feeling that some sort of scam might be going on here. Not saying that her Mum is involved but it won't be long before some sicko arranges for a mate/relation to kidnap a kid and then once a reward is put up then tip off the Police where to find her and then claim the reward. As I say, just a feeling I've got.

not far off was I.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Sun reckon it might be because of Shameless!
  • Options
    i can not believe that a mother could do any thing like this Sky are reporting that she admitted to a police officer she knew where she was all along
  • Options
    it really is dingle country up there...
  • Options
    A family of banjo players...
  • Options
    when you look at all that poor kids "family" is it any surprise when we used to play Northern teams we used to sing "soap and water--- soap and water -- soap and water" ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]West Yorkshire police have been questioning Shannon Matthews' mother. Not about why Shannon disappeared but how the hell she managed to find 5 different men to have sex with.

I've done worse.....:-0
  • Options
    Dear o dear o dear does D know that ?
  • Options
    If there was ever a case for forced sterilisation she's it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I hope I'm wrong but I smell a rat in this case. Something doesn't seem right. I don't know why but I have a feeling that some sort of scam might be going on here. Not saying that her Mum is involved but it won't be long before some sicko arranges for a mate/relation to kidnap a kid and then once a reward is put up then tip off the Police where to find her and then claim the reward. As I say, just a feeling I've got.

As for the girl in Goa, please don't get me started on that one. The woman has taken a lot of stick, and rightly so, but why were the McCann's let off relatively lightly in comparison. Was it because they were middle class and doctor's and no-one dare criticise them ? The woman in this case must be barmy if she thinks she hasn't done anything wrong. For starters she already knew her 15 yr old daughter was having a sexual relationship with the tour guide 10 years her senior. Some people don't deserve kids.

Are you Columbo in disguise?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]

Are you Columbo in disguise?

More like Cracker mate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]when you look at all that poor kids "family" is it any surprise when we used to play Northern teams we used to sing "soap and water--- soap and water -- soap and water" ?

"Your sister is your mother,your uncle is your brother...."
  • Options
    over the years too many crackers (with cheese) havn't probably helped !! Anyway, I'm more like Kojak's sidekick.
  • Options
    Your hair's not curly enough, Large!
  • Options
    I did have perm for a few years in my younger days !!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]over the years too many crackers (with cheese) havn't probably helped !! Anyway, I'm more like Kojak's sidekick.

potd-lollipop-sky.jpg
  • Options
    I'm just watching The Moorside. The drama/documentary. Dear God what a family.
  • Options

I'm just watching The Moorside. The drama/documentary. Dear God what a family.

Just scanned through that, is that a young Cilla Black in it?
  • Options
    Have recorded. Worth a watch?
  • Options
    Yes it is. Sheridan Smith is as good as ever.