Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wow Good news - they found young Shannon alive

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Curb_It said:

Have recorded. Worth a watch?

A yes/no from me. It's a 2 parter. I didn't think the acting was that great, but her family/friends were an eye opener.
    Shameless in real life.

Anyway, I'll say no more as I don't want to spoil the ending :wink:
  • Options
    It would be interesting to know which bits are real and which are artistic licence. Like the bit when she started dancing to that ring tone or when she wanted to go home straight after identifying Shannon.
    I lived in Dewsbury for five years and it really is another world!
  • Options
    The dancing was real. The policewoman concerned (now left the force) said so on TV today.
  • Options
    And the winner is.......

LARGE!
  • Options
    I thought Sheridan Smith was just dialling in a performance in this.

Usually very good.
  • Options
    steady on folks. ok, so large is the mum, no need to make it public.
  • Options
    Such a shocking case.

Feel for the kids hope they have a better life now.

Enjoyed part 1, definitely worth a watch.

Found myself laughing at that prat taking an overdose of callpol. Nonce.
  • Options

Apprantly she was on her way to our game with Blackpool due to Super Pards pleading with fans to get up there and support the team but she got lost.

Apprantly she was on her way to our game with Blackpool due to Super Pards pleading with fans to get up there and support the team but she got lost.

This comment !

Thought it was good, and Sheridan Smith's performance was strong. Crazy story, did the mum's boyfriend turn out to be very dodgy too or did I imagine that ?
  • Options
    mums boyfriend was nicked for having indecent images on his PC I believe.

total bunch of wrong'uns the lot of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

This comment !

Thought it was good, and Sheridan Smith's performance was strong. Crazy story, did the mum's boyfriend turn out to be very dodgy too or did I imagine that ?
    Dodgy stuff found on his computer I think.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Large knew all along

I agree.....I think the programmers missed a trick, he should have been featured(or at least got a mention).
  • Options
    I remember the news reports, locals clowning around in the background to get on TV drinking their super tennants.
    Unfortunately lived around some pond life like this on the old ferrier estate, they walk amongst us.
  • Options
    I watched it. I thought the acting was perfectly fine. I don't get the fuss over Sheridan Smith mind. I'm more a Siobhan Finneran fan. Age probably.

What the hell were the dance moves on the ring tone?!

This is A very old bump of a thread.
  • Options
    I watched it because I have become a big fan of Sheridan Smith.
    To think there really are societies like that all around us, is worrying.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

It would be interesting to know which bits are real and which are artistic licence. Like the bit when she started dancing to that ring tone or when she wanted to go home straight after identifying Shannon.
    I lived in Dewsbury for five years and it really is another world!

Donnyaddick, they interviewed the real police detective (family liason officer) on BBC this week and she confirmed that did happen (the ringtone episode). That's when they first had doubts about it all.

• Options
    interesting prog, as the bbc did not apparently consult the family I wonder where the facts came from for the drama, that is not a criticism just wondering and where it was filmed, surely not Dewsbury?
  • Options

Interesting thread. Starts with a load of "I hate the McCaans because they are middle class Doctors", these poor working class people not getting the same press. Ends with "chav, pikeys, not surprised they done it...".

Missed the programme, will watch on catch up I think.

Where does it say 'chav' or 'pikey'?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just read through and no one mentioned the words that you state Athletico Madrid.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

West Yorkshire police have been questioning Shannon Matthews' mother. Not about why Shannon disappeared but how the hell she managed to find 5 different men to have sex with.

She probably known locally for being dirtier than a coal miner bath water.

It's a no from me.
  • Options
    Karen Matthews recently

• Options
    I'm sure I read sonewhere that they were going to give her a new identity but she was too thick to remember one.

Reminds me of this:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lfft9Jx9gJk
  • Options
    Daggs said:

True. Anything with Sheridan Smith or Siobhan Finneran will be good drama.
  • Options

Daggs said:

Loved her in Benidorm.
  • Options
    I caught the end of this when I got in from fire training and was shocked at the scum with hearts, Shameless estate. But was also shocked at the fact that a family liaison officer would forget to silence their phone prior to visiting the family as much as the reaction of the mother.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Daggs said:

Loved her in Benidorm.
    What about Madge?
  • Options

Macronate said:

Daggs said:

Loved her in Benidorm.
    What about Madge?
    Not so much, bit leathery for me.