Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Goal Against Charlton Ever?

For me it was Patrick Berger just a few years ago v Portsmouth. We were sitting right in line with him in the East Stand. He was facing us as the ball came towards him, back to goal, quite near the touchline and somehow spun and volleyed it with swerve into the top corner from about 25 yards out.

Did it win Goal of the Season?

Comments

• Options
    I thought Berbatov's goal was pretty special last year but so was Van Persie's...
  • Options
    Van Persie's volley.....
  • Options
    Henry's backheel - pure class
  • Options
    Giggs lob from the halfway line - I must confess that I actually kind of wanted it to go in!
    Off the bar for Solskjaer to fire home - he must've been the only person in the ground not gazing up dumbfound.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Henry's backheel - pure class

They made him fans' director on the strength of that!
  • Options
    Think Preston's winner was up there among them, quality quality finish
  • Options
    None ;-)

That Giggs goal did make my jaw drop though.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Think Preston's winner was up there among them, quality quality finish[/quote]

Got to say that was amazing bit of skill

Graeme Sharp scored an abSOLute beauty against us at Sellout for Everton, i missed it, see previous thread about being late for games.

Van Persie's last season takes some beating. Even if he shouldn't have been on the pitch
  • Options
    Berger's goal was the one that immediately sprung to mind.

Van Persie's gaol was a miskick, it came off his shin.
  • Options
    les briley one,i felt ashamed that day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]les briley one,i felt ashamed that day.

omg did we lose 0-3 that was a living nightmare bright sunshine and all them millwall fans aaaaaaaaaaaaah
  • Options
    Henry's back kick for the sheer audacity of it..

If Giggs' had gone in, for me, that would have beaten it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]les briley one,i felt ashamed that day.

omg did we lose 0-3 that was a living nightmare bright sunshine and all them millwall fans aaaaaaaaaaaaah

That was the start of their claims to be a BIG club, just thinking about that day makes me cringe!!!
  • Options
    they were everywhere.
  • Options
    'Henry's backheel - pure class'

A foul on Fortune.
  • Options
    McFadden last season was pretty special even if it was the heartbreaking moment I realised we were going down
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Dave Shipperley's 50 yard backpass against Orient.

From nigh on the halfway line, he turned and hit the ball back ......it looped up and wind assisted, sailed over our keeper's head and bulged the back of our net.

The most spectacular own goal I've seen.

We'd been mid-table more or less all season - but we lost 2-1 that day and plunged from 12th - ending the season a month later being thrashed 5-0 at Blackpool and relegated to the 3rd Division for the first time in 40 years.

Talk about snatching relegation from the jaws of safety .......
  • Options
    Forgot about Berger's, what a stunning strike that was, but Van Persie's for me, miskick or not!
  • Options
    That Stoke fella a few years back, when they were all shipped in from Iceland, I remember his name ended in SON or maybe it was SSON if thats any help ;) got the ball just out of his own half and absolutely creamed it into the top corner of the goal at The Jimmy Seed end.
  • Options
    Van Persie - quite simply the best goal I have ever witnessed

closely followed by Mr Bartlett against Leicester
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TCE, it was Stefan Thordason. An absolute cracker.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/worthington_cup/941779.stm
  • Options
    Many thanks AFKA it was a belter, I`ve got to say that if a lower league player had scored the Van Persie goal, it would be a "Great goal, but he shinned it "
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    David Thompson for Blackburn Rovers knocking us out of the Cup at the Valley a couple of seasons ago, really sweet hit on the volley... 2 nil up with 15 minutes to go and that was the equaliser
  • Options
    i think paul davis finished a brilliant move for arsenal (late 80's 2-2 game?).
    best strike must be van persie.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Henry's backheel - pure class

And pure arrogance..

But the best i have seen!
  • Options
    That Israeli bloke playing for Liverpool back at Sellout,he got a hatrick and every one of them was a beauty...ahhh Rosenthal....Ronnie Rosenthal
  • Options
    i ll go for bergers strike. must have been almost on the halfway line. Van Persie s was a fantastic goal too,even if he shouldnt have still been on the pitch.
  • Options
    The Gigg's 'goal' for me in recent years. One of those you just can't help yourself applauding and just a real shame it didn't go straight in.
  • Options
    Berger but the Henry back heel runs it close
  • Options
    Van Persie by a mile for me - although Friedel's goal is worth a mention just for the uniqueness of seeing a keeper score