Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Goal Against Charlton Ever?

Comments

• Options
    Van Persie and that day Nolly and Ooh aah were talking about abouts millsmall made me feel sick to the bottom of my stomach.
  • Options
    I remeber patrick bergers goal but purely for us all singing theres only one " shaka hislop!! one skaks hislop!!!!!"

poor bloke....

as for ronnie rosenthal i remeber when polo hit the post early on in that game and I always argued with my dad that if that had gone in we would have won.... i was only 10 odd......
  • Options
    i would say van persies goal was the best, with henrys back heal coming very close. bergers goal was also very good as was defoes last year (the game we went down)
  • Options
    Peter Shaw at Brighton, Jeff Wood didnt have chance with that volley.
  • Options
    Van Persie goal.........by a long way
  • Options
    Van Persie, Arsenal, all day long.

Van Persie
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Peter Shaw at Brighton, Jeff Wood didnt have chance with that volley.

I was about to repeat myself
  • Options
    yep van persie
  • Options
    RVP - I phoned my mate - a gooner - and my words were "I've just witnessed one of the best goals you will ever see"
  • Options
    poor defending. you can't give him that much space.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Van Persie's volley.....
    had his foot connected that would have been scuffed into the floor but as it hit his shin it just flew in - nice to watch if u were arsenal but not the best!

Thierry Henry back heel was a beauty but fortune shouldn't have his legs open wider than jordans whilst marking him !

My award goes to.. Giggs. Great effort!
  • Options
    les briley, i was ashamed that day beyond comparison.
  • Options
    Van Persie shouldn't even have been on the pitch to score that goal after he booted Hasselbaink in the back of the leg off the ball. I'd have to go for Henry's backheel or a goal he scored against us from outside the area at The Valley (can't remember the year but Arsenal were playing in blue)
  • Options
    I remember a home game against Ipswich around Christmas a few years back. Ian Marshall hit a left foot volley into the far corner from a cross that was going behind him. Was it as good as I remember or, like me as a player, did it get better the older I grow?
  • Options
    Van Persie volley..the stoke goal mentioned on the previous page and henrys back heal stand out
  • Options
    The van persie goal was amazing ... may have been for the opposition but it still took my breath away - amazing goal.
  • Options
    Giggs from the half way line.
  • Options
    VP goal was a miss hit - he shinned it.

The Stoke Icelandic lads goal was pretty special.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]VP goal was a miss hit - he shinned it.

The Stoke Icelandic lads goal was pretty special.

Ilic was in goal though, so it can't count as the greatest ever goal scored against us. I'm sure there have been a few long range efforts as good as the Stoke one against us over the years. As much as it pains me to say it, Alex Rae scored a brilliant goal against us the year after we won Tier 2 when Sunderland beat us 1-0 at The Valley.

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake's goal 2 seasons ago was incredible. Cruyff-turn nutmeg on Paddy McCarthy then wallops it in the opposite top corner.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Giggs from the half way line.

When was this Giggs goal from the half way line? I thought he hit the bar
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Giggs from the half way line.

When was this Giggs goal from the half way line? I thought he hit the bar

Exactly - it was a 6 yard toe poke from Solskjaer
  • Options
    Yes but the "overall" goal left me speechless. Sheer and utter brilliance from Giggs. Van Persie just happened to run onto it nicely and caught it magnificently on the volley. Giggs effort was planned.

Plus Van Persie was an accused rapist so it doesn't count :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Wilbriham playing for MKDons last week hit a well sweet volley on the run. Great technique. Great timing. Great shot.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]les briley, i was ashamed that day beyond comparison.[/quote]

Feel loathed to say it but got to agree about Les Brileys at the Sainsbury Shopping Trolley Stadium.
    Plasterers in SE London were flat out for weeks covering over the cracks scum fans had crawled out from.
  • Options
    Dunno if it was the best against us, but in true Charlton style Les Brileys goal was set up with a pinpoint pass from.....Paul Miller. We always seemed to find a way to lose to Millwall, I used to think if we had the Brazil 1970 team we would still have got done.

The WORST goal against us was Ralphie "Make mine a barrell" Milne at Old Trafford.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Wilbriham playing for MKDons last week hit a well sweet volley on the run. Great technique. Great timing. Great shot.
    Wind assisted, so doesn't count. :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    A few years back at Pompey...one of their's (playing towards the away end) powered into the right hand channel of the penalty box and blasted it on the half volley 'sweet as a nut' into the top right hand corner...can't remember who it was now...an absolute 'peach' of a shot, our keeper that day(once again I can't remember who it was, but Bolder springs to mind) didn't even move other than to pick the ball out of the net.
  • Options
    as nolly said ealier.. les briley against us for millwall in that 3-0 defeat for me.. Ironically travelling home in a cab a couple of months back, the driver happened to be a millwan.. lovely guy and we shared pleasantries and we were talking about that goal. sometimes you have to acknowledge good play.. even thouvht it is against your fieircest rivals.. thats whats football about it.. good or bad. As for Ryan gills.. yep I was there and I felt you cheeky basteward trying to do a beckham.. then though "thank god" as it the bar or post?? And then thought "phew" no goal until I looked down and saw Scholsker and thought "oh f.." he doesnt miss form there.. 3 different emotions in moment.. Can any of you remember a goal for a team playing in Green? I wasnt at the game but saw it on telly about 3/4 or 5yrs ago in the Carling Cup? when the bloke scored from some distance. It was from a lower legaue side Stoke or someone? that too was a good goal.. whoever bought up this thread well done
  • Options
    now if you are talking about the best own goal for us.. has to be van blerk (former milwall defender) agaainst Man City when he put a bullet of a header past his own keeper
  • Options
    as soon as i see the title of this thread i see a replay of van persies volley in my head and that was stand out for me but now i've looked through here im not too sure, bergers goal for pompy was great too. i still say van persie tho