Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Official 2008 Baseball Season Thread

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Tampa Bay Rays 3 Boston Red Sox 1

Philadelphia Phillies 3 LA Dodgers 1
  • Options
    I Sky+ it last night.

Was watching a game the other day that went on til 1.30am their time. . . not sure I'd fancy sitting their that long.

Go Phillies btw.
  • Options
    PHILLIES!!!
  • Options
    4 - 1 Phillies. All over.
  • Options
    Sensational comeback from the Red Sox. Already 3-1 down in a best of 7 series, they were 7-0 behind in the 5th game last night after 7.5 innings. It looked all over & they were on the brink of elimination. However, they scored 8 runs in their last 3 innings to win the game 8-7. This was the 2nd best comeback EVER in a post season game. Final two games will now be played in Tampa Bay on Saturday & Sunday evenings. Still looks very tough for Boston but they are fighting hard.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I Sky+ it last night.

Was watching a game the other day that went on til 1.30am their time. . . not sure I'd fancy sitting their that long.

Go Phillies btw.[/quote]

Remember the bar stays open ;-)
  • Options
    Thought I could get away from it while I'm working at least. In Costa Rica at the mo working and evenings in the bar are full of yanks whooping home runs.....
  • Options
    Onto game 7 for Red Sox and Rays. Boston beat Tampa 4-2 in St Petersburg last night.

Game 7 there tonight. Winner plays Phillies.
  • Options
    Ray beat Red sox 3- 1 in final game of seven to rech their first ever World Series, which starts on Wednesday.

Who are you going for? Rays or Phillies? Florida, new team or Northern traditional team. American League or National league?
  • Options
    rays
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Washington Redskins anyone ?
  • Options
    Rays.
  • Options
    Phillies.
    Not hugely in to US sports, but I do want any team from Philadelphia (Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, 76ers) to win.
  • Options
    Phillies, but only because they beat the evil Dodgers...
  • Options
    Might be able to get to bed before 7am now! (Until the new season in April, at any rate.)

Should be an interesting World Series, to be fair.

The American League is head and shoulders better than the National League at the moment, so you'd expect the Rays to walk it.

However, due to being taken to the wire by the mighty BoSox, the Rays will only have had two days rest when the WS starts, the Phillies will have had five days rest. This makes a helluva a difference (especially for the pitching staff) so it looks like being a pretty level match-up.
  • Options
    Go Ray's ;-)
  • Options
    Phillies now 3-1 up in the best of seven world series.

One game away from their first series win since 1974 with one more to play at home.