Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Official ASHES Thread

Comments

• Options
    551/6 declared and langer already out, the Aussie batsmen like to attack but they'll have to bat steadily tomorrow to save the follow on. The ball is still relatively new and England are playing from a position of strength for once.
  • Options
    I still think it could be a mistake to not have picked Monty, the pitch looks slow and seam bowling is going to be hard work on it especially as the ball isn't swinging.
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited December 2006
    Great day for the boys out there. Well done to Colly, excellent stuff dude. Well done to KP, 158, again! Well done tho geezer. Well done to Freddie, giles and bell for making up the other runs. This below is my favorite part.

.................O....M..R..W
    S K Warne....53.0 9 167 1
    B Lee........ 34.0 1 139 1
    G McGrath...30.0 5 107 0

This is a great morning for me, lets hope cafc can get 3 points now and make the weekend.
  • Options
    Shame it was fckn dire to watch at times. All that rubbish with Warne & KP was really getting on my tits, I bet Pietersen was getting well frustrated. Umpire should have started issuing wides.
  • Options
    Aussie 513 all out, well done Hoggy for picking up 7 wickets.

A lead of 38, a draw is odds on, and there are 20 overs to survive this evening.
  • Options
    rumours of Flintoff having a big problem as well. Off the field four times...
  • Options
    Yep, no news on that so no idea whether Flintoff is suffering a re-occurence or any other injury.

A draw is the likeliest result from here, and Flintoff has a a few days rest to the next Test. If he is injured then I think you'll see England bat out tomorrow for a draw and not go for runs and the hope of an Aussie collapse.
  • Options
    we are actually gonna lose the 2nd test.
    i've never seen a 7 in any form of cricket,(except noballs), yet when put under pressure thats exactly what enland do.
  • Options
    TT
    edited December 2006
    That was utter utter dog shite...

I got up and i assumed they were showing highlights as surely there would have been a shake of hands just after lunch for the draw. Thats embaressing. Anderson, Giles and Jones to have a 'rest' for the next test, Lets see what Monty, Mahmood and Reed can do.

Have a read of the BBC text commentry it did raise a smile here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/6208540.stm
  • Options
    And there go the Ashes...

We need to win two of the last three matches to retain the Ashes and that ain't gonna happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Monty & Reed maybe but Mahmood? Dont be silly, the bloke is absolutely awful.
  • Options
    The next Test is at the WACA/Perth - traditionally a fast bowlers wicket.
  • Options
    Whats your point? ;)

I stand by my statement.
  • Options
    How the f*** did that happen??????
  • Options
    But with Anderson's stunning figures over his past two matches of 2-303 Or maybe Harmisons 1-191 Can Mahmood do any worse?!
  • Options
    But with Anderson's stunning figures over his past two matches of 2-303 Or maybe Harmisons 1-191 Can Mahmood do any worse?!

No, and he's a better batsman too.
  • Options
    Listening to Flecthers excuses this morning, and him trying to defend the Giles/Jones selections pissed me right off.

Giles failed with bat, ball and in the field, and Jones had done nowt with the bat this series.

Reed and Monty for Perth
  • Options
    Charlton to stay up and England to retain the ashes, worth a fiver? ok ok i'll get me coat!
  • Options
    Giles and Jones should be put on the first plane back to Heathrow.
    Still stunned. I thought the days of collapses like that were in the past.
    If we lose tonight I think I'll throw myself in the Thames on the way home...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Giles and Jones should be put on the first plane back to Heathrow.
    Still stunned. I thought the days of collapses like that were in the past.
    If we lose tonight I think I'll throw myself in the Thames on the way home...

me too, concrete slippers all round eh KinveachyAddick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, trust Charlton to keep you alive, Olie!!!
  • Options
    Monty gets a start = 5 wickets

242-9
  • Options
    244 all out

monty 5, harmy 4.

come on england !!!

(we could be 4 wickets down by the end of play) !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

(we could be 4 wickets down by the end of play) !

Starting the day with a positive outlook I see AFKA!!
  • Options
    cook out for 15......
  • Options
    95 needed to avoid the follow on.... ;-)
  • Options
    bell out
    37-2
  • Options
    ended for the day at 51-2
  • Options
    Shame that we lost wickets but still definately England day. lets just hope Strauss follows in Harmy's footsteps and finally puts his mark on the series
  • Options
    Another feeble performance with the bat........