Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• No tunnel jump after a win at The Valley
  • edited April 2015

When the handball setting is turned off before an actual championship game rather than just on FIFA so the referee doesn't give any handballs during the whole bloody game

I'm going to counter that.

When referees and fans think that smacking a ball at an opposition player's hand from 2 yards out is handball.

The ref was spot on ignoring such handball claims today.
    Nope there were at least two blatant hand balls today that he didn't give especially the one in the first half with solly when it clearly hit his hand. If that isn't hand ball I don't know what is.

His hand obstructed the flow off the ball solly didn't smack it.
  • Charlton fans cheering when Bournemouth score to go 2-1 up Wtf

Weird.

Wtf. I was well happy when I see it go 2-2. Really hope we stop them last game of the season.
  • edited April 2015
    Politicians posing for selfies and the people who ask for them.

• British supermarkets shipping in chicken from Thailand for their products; must be because our chickens don't want the work I spose
  • brogib said:

British supermarkets shipping in chicken from Thailand for their products; must be because our chickens don't want the work I spose

Are you able to check they're not cockrels?
  • brogib said:

British supermarkets shipping in chicken from Thailand for their products; must be because our chickens don't want the work I spose

Ours can't commit due to zero hr contracts and not being able to plan their week
  • brogib said:

They didn't know how many they needed and didn't count them.
  • Politicians posing for selfies and the people who ask for them.

Which one is you Bournemouth :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't like these 12.15 last day kick off times. It's a sad day as we know it all means no footie for a couple of months. I would just like to savour it until 5pm. It's a bit like the party ending early. There's a sense of emptiness from 3pm onwards
  • cabbles said:

Politicians posing for selfies and the people who ask for them.

Which one is you Bournemouth :wink:
    2nd from the right.
  • Hellman's mayonaise in a squeezy bottle. It's more tricky trying to get it to come out than a professional footballer.

I take it this isn't a prediction for our last home game ?

• Stig said:

Hellman's mayonaise in a squeezy bottle. It's more tricky trying to get it to come out than a professional footballer.

I've only tried one of those things so I can't compare
  • Paul O'Grady
  • Stig said:

Hellman's mayonaise in a squeezy bottle. It's more tricky trying to get it to come out than a professional footballer.

Add to that Marmite. there is no need what so ever for squeezy bottles with these product.
  • My missus having spent two thirds of our last holiday with flu, now succumbing to a painful abscess halfway through this one. Poor soul.
  • My missus having spent two thirds of our last holiday with flu, now succumbing to a painful abscess halfway through this one. Poor soul.

all the best to her P.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ed Milliband using his father's marxism as some kind of positive reason to vote for him. He should be embarrassed.
  • Ed Milliband using his father's marxism as some kind of positive reason to vote for him. He should be embarrassed.

Or shot
  • A work quiz and curry night (last night) which in itself was a great way to spend a Tuesday evening, I really did enjoy it. What I didn't enjoy was my boss demanding the night carry on until 1am just to talk about what people are 'talking about' in the office. 'what are people saying?' 'why are people negative?'

I work in a company of 8 people. Work is work. People will talk about, moan and bitch about work up and down the country. The fact we are a company of 8 people probably makes it a lot worse, but it did do my nut!
  • cabbles said:

A work quiz and curry night (last night) which in itself was a great way to spend a Tuesday evening, I really did enjoy it. What I didn't enjoy was my boss demanding the night carry on until 1am just to talk about what people are 'talking about' in the office. 'what are people saying?' 'why are people negative?'

I work in a company of 8 people. Work is work. People will talk about, moan and bitch about work up and down the country. The fact we are a company of 8 people probably makes it a lot worse, but it did do my nut!

Oh my God this. One of our managers is massively obsessed with 'office negativity'. This obsession is probably the source of 90% of all office negativity.
  • Fiiish said:

cabbles said:

A work quiz and curry night (last night) which in itself was a great way to spend a Tuesday evening, I really did enjoy it. What I didn't enjoy was my boss demanding the night carry on until 1am just to talk about what people are 'talking about' in the office. 'what are people saying?' 'why are people negative?'

Oh my God this. One of our managers is massively obsessed with 'office negativity'. This obsession is probably the source of 90% of all office negativity.
    Have you got evidence for that 80% or is it just your opinion? Oops wrong thread.
  • edited April 2015
    Night watchmen in cricket - something England in particular love to do.

Overused far too much by England, they often get out and end up having to send in the batsman you wanted to protect and sometimes that batsman gets out as well anyway.

If your star batsman is going to get dismissed to an in-swinging yorker first ball it doesn't matter if it's at 11.01am or 5.25pm it's still a golden duck.

Annoys me even more when a night watchman is sent out a good 20 minutes or so before the close of play. I can understand if you need to bat out Day 5 of a Test and there's a good chance it will rain but just about any other circumstance, no, just send the next proper batsman in.
  • When after a taxing day at work and all you want to do is relax and watch a bit of telly and your wife and daughter decide to have a huge f**k-off row.
  • Losing your huge Charlton COSG flag a few days before St Georges Day!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!