Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    The Portuguese, who almost to a man/woman, find it impossible to use the little bar in supermarkets to separate their shopping from yours. It's almost as if it's beneath them to take the enormous effort to lift it up and place it on the conveyor belt eight inches away. Most of them then proceed to pay in the way described above by Rob.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

brogib said:

These solo artists who bring out slow versions of classics, the latest one being the ruining of That's Entertainment by Whinnie Williams?

Thank you so much for bringing this up. Seems to be all the rage at the moment. Heard another ruining Guns N Roses 'Welcome to The Jungle' on some other TV ad recently as well.
    @buckshee collared the trade description for this. I think it was 'katie meluaing' a song

Annoys the shit out of me and it's been going on for too long
  • Options
    South Eastern, on a daily basis.

According to driver, the reason we have not moved an inch for ten minutes is because there is a 20mph speed restriction.

So why are we not moving at even 1mph ??
  • Options
    ValleyGary said:

These are the same people that wait till they got to the front of the cash point queue and then get out their cards, enter their pin like Stephen Hawking playing Jenga, then check their balance, then put in another card, finally withdraw money, wait for their receipt and then slowly place their money into their purse. Takes me about 15 seconds to withdraw money.

In the same vein people who go to banks and then spend the next hour relating their fucking life story to the person behind the counter whilst the queue backs up out the door! (same for the Post Office) have some consideration for others time!!!!
  • Options
    Not getting any sleep for four nights running:
    1st night - neighbours come back from holiday and are still in holiday mood. Lots of singing and shouting. Their over excitable alsation barks all night.
    2nd night - our eldest phones in the small hours. "Dad, I'm in A&E. Can you come down here please, I've got no money to get out of the hospital car park".
    3rd night - feeling shit, aching all over, going hot and cold.
    4th night - Mrs Stig has a case of Delhi belly, up and down to the toilet all night.

I'm usually a sound sleeper, but this week it's getting me down.
  • Options
    Spurs (and probably Everton) fans moaning about qualifying for the Europa League. What do they expect, that the one time they happened to finish 4th would be repeated forever more?
  • Options
    People that work behind the cashier desk in banks or building society that offer services from insurance to borrowing a zillion quid, explaining what speccy Peter the 18 yr trainee nobjockey new business mgr, would explain it better in an appointment next Thurs at 1pm to the elderly folk who nod, say pardon dear can you repeat that, while the q goes Rd the fucking Rd
  • Options
    Stig said:

Not getting any sleep for four nights running:
    1st night - neighbours come back from holiday and are still in holiday mood. Lots of singing and shouting. Their over excitable alsation barks all night.
    2nd night - our eldest phones in the small hours. "Dad, I'm in A&E. Can you come down here please, I've got no money to get out of the hospital car park".
    3rd night - feeling shit, aching all over, going hot and cold.
    4th night - Mrs Stig has a case of Delhi belly, up and down to the toilet all night.

I'm usually a sound sleeper, but this week it's getting me down.

Hope your eldest is on the mend mate
  • Options
    All of that NLA you must use the same banks as me.....drives me totally nuts!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ...and Mrs Stig an all
  • Options
    Cheers Rob. Yeah, they'll both be ok.
  • Options
    Dirty bastards (blokes) who stand with their hands down their joggers in public 'comforting' themselves, what the hell is wrong with you, leave ya tackle alone........FFS. Filth.
  • Options

The Portuguese, who almost to a man/woman, find it impossible to use the little bar in supermarkets to separate their shopping from yours. It's almost as if it's beneath them to take the enormous effort to lift it up and place it on the conveyor belt eight inches away. Most of them then proceed to pay in the way described above by Rob.

There should be more bars in supermarkets.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Dirty bastards (blokes) who stand with their hands down their joggers in public 'comforting' themselves, what the hell is wrong with you, leave ya tackle alone........FFS. Filth.

Can't beat a good public fiddle
  • Options
    brogib said:

Greenie said:

The resulting lazyon can be a bit generally annoying mind...
  • Options
    brogib said:

Greenie said:

Are you quoting a Mr J Saville Esq?
  • Options
    IA said:

The fact that qualifying for the Champions League seems more important than actually competing in it.

This infuriates me. Man City resting players against Bayern Munich because they've got a tricky tie at Stoke Sunday.
  • Options
    I hate non-messages. There was an announcement at London Bridge tube station yesterday afternoon which went something like - This is a London Underground customer announcement. London Underground would like to inform you that all lines are operating as scheduled today. Why bother?

This was after the news I received at my railway station that told me that security staff were operating on the station 24 hours a day. Nonsense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

IA said:

The fact that qualifying for the Champions League seems more important than actually competing in it.

This infuriates me. Man City resting players against Bayern Munich because they've got a tricky tie at Stoke Sunday.
    Man City players can't do it against Bayern. They can only do it on a cold Sunday afternoon in Stoke.
  • Options
    The miss use of Esquire. You do not use it if you have already said Mr. It's either Mr J Saville or J Saville Esq.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

The miss use of Esquire. You do not use it if you have already said Mr. It's either Mr J Saville or J Saville Esq.

Sorry for being so annoying.............!
  • Options

These are the same people that wait till they got to the front of the cash point queue and then get out their cards, enter their pin like Stephen Hawking playing Jenga, then check their balance, then put in another card, finally withdraw money, wait for their receipt and then slowly place their money into their purse. Takes me about 15 seconds to withdraw money.

You forgot - count the money.....

The way that people fart-arse around at cash machines really grinds my gears!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I too hate receiving correspondence from people who still think it is 1850.
  • Options

People that work behind the cashier desk in banks or building society that offer services from insurance to borrowing a zillion quid, explaining what speccy Peter the 18 yr trainee nobjockey new business mgr, would explain it better in an appointment next Thurs at 1pm to the elderly folk who nod, say pardon dear can you repeat that, while the q goes Rd the fucking Rd

I had to take out a graduate loan to do my Legal Practice Course. The interest was the standard variable at the time (back in 2005) which was about 5.7% and it stayed roughly the same throughout the duration at which I paid it off. Whilst I was paying it off I popped into my local natwest to carry out some manual transaction on it. When I got to the counter to carry out this transaction that had to be in person, the woman suggested I look at transferring this graduate loan onto a credit card that offered 0% interest for 12 months. Normally I'm all for using such opportunities to save money, however I had to point out that the lifetime of this loan is and has already gone past 12 months???? She then said but if I can pay it off within 12 months there will be no interest. Without giving any of you the figure, this whole experience was laughable.

It could be the equivalent for some of you being asked to put your mortgage or a large proportion of your mortgage on a credit card, in some vain hope you can pay it off within 12 months.

At the same time a Chinese person who could hardly speak English was being sold a cc at the other counter. This is why the queues are out the door and everyone is living off someone else's money
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Misuse of the word misuse :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    This one doesn't just annoy me but makes me extremely angry.

Rebecca Francis. Remember that name.

If you don't know who this low life is you probably should.
    This sick excuse for a human being takes pleasure in shooting beautiful rare wild animals and then posts the pictures on facebook alongside their bodies .

Absolute pure evil.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/female-hunter-rebecca-francis-gets-5521449