Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• That dulcolex advert with the lady saying "as an engineer I know how complex systems work" before recommending a particular laxative. I thought as an engineer they worked it out with a pencil?
  • She talks out her arse mate
  • Ah you know her then, special talent.
  • "Rainbow" salad. Sod off. It's a salad, dont dress it up. If you pardon the pun
  • Redskin said:

The recent 'Type your comment' innovation in the box where I have been typing my comment in the same box for the last six years.

Probably about time you pressed "Post Comment" then. It had better be good...
  • People like this woman, https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-45225045, who can see nothing wrong in how she parks her car and then goes into drama mode.
  • The latest shitfest of an advert by the Halifax, this time trying to be clever with Ghostbusters.

It’s not clever or funny and the actor is a prick.
  • That bloody advert for Sixt car hire. It's been on at least 10 times during the test match, I have to press the mute button now when it comes on.
  • The bloody Dele Alli celebration that seems to be gripping everyone at the moment!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't do it then :wink:
  • Charlton not going 2-0 up. Grrrrrrrr
  • The media obession with the fact that Kane hasn't scored in August. Theres half the amount of bloody games for a start.
  • The new Halifax ad shitting all over Ghostbusters.
  • That bloody advert for Sixt car hire. It's been on at least 10 times during the test match, I have to press the mute button now when it comes on.

Thaaaaaaaaats noooothinnnnnng.

• The media obession with the fact that Kane hasn't scored in August. Theres half the amount of bloody games for a start.

He has know
  • Manchester City.
  • "cultural appropriation"
  • Shops that take no notice of what I tell them about faulty products that I am returning. It's a good thing that I can get a no-quibble refund, but the dead fish stare of the bored 'customer service' staff tells me that nothing will be done to improve the quality of the product for future customers. In fact, half the time I get the impression that what I'm returning will be placed straight back on the shelves. Which is quite a coincidence really, because half the time when I get stuff home I have the feeling that someone else has already returned the same stuff. Good old British retailing, doing it's best to recycle old shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Adverts and trailers in cinemas. Fed up of turning up at the advertised start time for a film only to sit through 25 minutes of guff. Get on with the film!
  • Adverts and trailers in cinemas. Fed up of turning up at the advertised start time for a film only to sit through 25 minutes of guff. Get on with the film!

I set off for the cinema, 5 minutes away, at the advertised start time. By the time I've parked and got a drink the guff is almost done. Helps to book an aisle seat so nobody is disturbed when I saunter in.
  • MrLargo said:

My own flatulence. It's disgusting - I smell appalling, I sound like a BBC Sound Effects tape, and I keep having to nip away from my desk under the pretence of taking a personal call on my mobile, so that I can deflate myself at top volume in the stairwell.

I've not eaten anything unusual yet I've been stuck with this since Saturday. Weird and annoying!

It must be bad if you can’t enjoy the smell of your own farts.

It’s annoying but it’s nothing new, so as long as you have an allocated seat, add 20 minutes onto the scheduled start time and turn up then.
  • MrLargo said:

My own flatulence. It's disgusting - I smell appalling, I sound like a BBC Sound Effects tape, and I keep having to nip away from my desk under the pretence of taking a personal call on my mobile, so that I can deflate myself at top volume in the stairwell.

I've not eaten anything unusual yet I've been stuck with this since Saturday. Weird and annoying!

The stairwell sounds like a poor choice. Does that not resonate and echo throughout all levels of the building? Or do you want to share with all?
  • MrLargo said:

The stairwell sounds like a poor choice. Does that not resonate and echo throughout all levels of the building? Or do you want to share with all?
    Acoustically you're correct, it is a poor choice. But it's the airiest part of the building, so short of going outside it's the best option. I try and mask the noise but running on the stairs at the same time.
  • The word 'rocking', as in 'I'm rocking these new trainers'. Dreadful.
    Ditto 'This is how I roll'
  • What the hell are these sports bra things that footballers are wearing at the moment?! Athletic Bilbao goalscorer has just whipped off his shirt to reveal what looks to me like ladies' sports lingerie.
  • MrLargo said:

What the hell are these sports bra things that footballers are wearing at the moment?! Athletic Bilbao goalscorer has just whipped off his shirt to reveal what looks to me like ladies' sports lingerie.

They are the heart rate monitors and trackers that tell the players who has been a lazy arse and who has covered every blade of grass and gone into what areas of the pitch. They do look utterly ridiculous though you are right