Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Anyone noticed the Microsoft also uses "can't ", instead of "can not" on some of its onscreen notices? That can not be right surely.
  • Options
    Self-service checkouts and their inability to give change in a normal manner.

Just had 50p made up of an array of silver and coppers, with no charity box in sight to unload the pennies.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Just had 50p made up of an array of silver and coppers,

with no charity box in sight to unload the pennies

throw them at a tramp
  • Options

Croydon said:

Just had 50p made up of an array of silver and coppers,

with no charity box in sight to unload the pennies
    throw them at a tramp

literally?
  • Options

Anyone noticed the Microsoft also uses "can't ", instead of "can not" on some of its onscreen notices? That can not be right surely.

You cannot be serious :smiley:
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Just had 50p made up of an array of silver and coppers, with no charity box in sight to unload the pennies.

That's so annoying. The worst is, I suspect, the machine won't take anything less than a 10p coin.
    Bastards.
  • Options

People who lose any sense of etiquette when in the vicinity of a luggage carousel at airports. If we all just acknowledge a few social niceties and remember to maintain a certain amount of order we can collect our bags and ease off into the night rather than turning into grunting trogs who turn the whole process into something akin to an evacuation from a disaster zone.

They must paint the yellow line (keep behind) again, as most travellers cannot see it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    The fucking big lunk (imagaine @1905 big brother) sitting with his family at the front table by the hotel tv screen showing the United game. He’s facing away from the screen, not even watching the game and there’s loads of empty tables elsewhere in the room.
  • Options

Wasps, especially ones that decide to doggedly buzz around my head as I’m walking down the street, making me contort and swing my arms around like a hyperactive juvenile orangutan. Little stripey bastards.

yeah, what the fuck is it with wasps?!

they get right in your face for no reason as if they've had ten pints of stella and now want to square up giving it the big un.

you see a bee and their just minding their own business, buzzing around, taking it easy not bothering anyone where as a wasp always wants to put people on edge. they are the hooligans of the insect world. fucking pricks.
    I adore wasps they are such good fun. Nice stripy shirts, fantastic for the environment (very under-rated as pollinators), and they are are so bold. Admit it if you had to be an insect, wouldn't you want to be a wasp? Look at this little darling, all it wants to do is tuck into its Blackberry:

Much maligned, because of their fearlessness. Long live the wasp!
  • Options
    Stig said:

Wasps, especially ones that decide to doggedly buzz around my head as I’m walking down the street, making me contort and swing my arms around like a hyperactive juvenile orangutan. Little stripey bastards.

they get right in your face for no reason as if they've had ten pints of stella and now want to square up giving it the big un.

you see a bee and their just minding their own business, buzzing around, taking it easy not bothering anyone where as a wasp always wants to put people on edge. they are the hooligans of the insect world. fucking pricks.
    I adore wasps they are such good fun. Nice stripy shirts, fantastic for the environment (very under-rated as pollinators), and they are are so bold. Admit it if you had to be an insect, wouldn't you want to be a wasp? Look at this little darling, all it wants to do is tuck into its Blackberry:

Yeah that's fine but why do they act like proper dicks?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Cyclists, they're all pricks. Every single one of them.

What about the married ones?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The radio five live presenter this morning who was covering the NASA launch of their rocket to the sun and said to the scientist on the line prior to lift off “Isn’t it going to be a bit of an anti-climax when the rocket just goes up into the sky?”. I was expecting a reply along the lines of “No we are expecting the rocket to turn into a transformer and breakdance you muppet”.
  • Options

Stig said:

Yeah that's fine but why do they act like proper dicks?
    I'm not so convinced they do, really. The dicks I see are humans who get into a lather swinging their arms around and generally acting like three year olds having temper tantrums all because they've seen an insect that weighs less that 1 gram. Cockwombles, the lot of them.
  • Options
    Having dealt with them for a few years now, I've noticed that wasps can be aggressive buggers without even being provoked (maybe coz they're on the wife beater, I dont know), but hornets, even though they've probably got the worse reputation (specially the Asisn) are generally are not aggressive at all, until they get provoked. I've turned jobs down in the past because people just want them dead, even if they don't pose any specific risk to anyone or anything.
  • Options

Inappropriate requests for dedications on the radio.

For example, Steve Wright has just read out a gushing message from someone to their little snuggle buttons or whatever pledging undying love and adoration to the light of their life followed up by playing 'their song'...

...'On My Own' by Patti LaBelle and Michael McDonald. It's a song about breaking up and someone walking out on the other you fecking numpties!!!

I was once at an open mike blues jam and one of the singers/guitar players dedicated his next song to a couple because it was they're 40th wedding anniversary, then without a hint of irony proceeded to play BB Kings 'The thrill has gone'
    I've not belly laughed so much for years!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Inappropriate requests for dedications on the radio.

For example, Steve Wright has just read out a gushing message from someone to their little snuggle buttons or whatever pledging undying love and adoration to the light of their life followed up by playing 'their song'...

...'On My Own' by Patti LaBelle and Michael McDonald. It's a song about breaking up and someone walking out on the other you fecking numpties!!!

I was once at an open mike blues jam and one of the singers/guitar players dedicated his next song to a couple because it was they're 40th wedding anniversary, then without a hint of irony proceeded to play BB Kings 'The thrill has gone'
    I've not belly laughed so much for years!
    That's exactly the sort of thing!

I once went to a wedding where the first dance was to Rod Stewart's version of "The First Cut is the Deepest"...a song about your current partner not coming up to scratch in comparison to your first love. A few of us looked around at each other with a proper wtf expression and had a discreet laugh to ourselves. They enjoyed it I suppose though...
  • Options
    The last wedding I was at, the couple’s first dance was to a Chris Brown song. I don’t know what’s worse.
  • Options
    Bride and groom first dance.... one sweet day -boys ll men.
    Didn't hear it myself, some told me it happened at a wedding they attended. :)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Never heard of it but 5 seconds on Google tells me that's a song for a funeral not a wedding. What is wrong with these people???
  • Options

T_C_E said:

Never heard of it but 5 seconds on Google tells me that's a song for a funeral not a wedding. What is wrong with these people???
    Guilty as charged...... our 1st dance was 'One' by U2, which is about the Edge's divorce..... it was our favourite song at the time and we didn't want to subscribe to the usual sentimental dross.... no one else at the wedding seemed to notice the irony or, for that matter, give a shit.... we still laugh about it now, 24 years on, still married (just!).