Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Forgetting what I was about to post on the 'General Things That Annoy You' thread.....FFS, Im well annoyed......!
  • Options

Natwest card payment system being down AGAIN. Just got card declined in front of a shop full of people which was fantastic.

had it with Halifax not that long ago, a £40 lunchtime round rejected. looked like an absolute prick. (and had my card rejected)
    You ain't still using that one are you? Ffs
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Greenie said:

All those saddos that are jumping out of cars and dancing...WTF. Its been done, it was embarrassing when it was done once......bloody sheep.

This is what is known as natural selection. A few less idiots to worry about when they trip over and get run over by their own stupidity.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

Cyclists (again) or rather shutting roads so that they can all ponce about pretending to be the Taffy bloke that just won the Tour de Drugs.

Its a bit of a jackanory, but here goes.....

It was my mums 80th yesterday and we booked a restaurant over in Epsom near where her brother lives, we had to pick him up on the way, we came of the M25 and the route we wanted to take to Epsom was closed due to a 'Cycling Event' it was carnage, it was pissing down and many of the diversion signs had blown down, the sat nav was going berserk asking as to do U-Turns etc, I stopped and spoke to a 'Marshall', asked how I was supposed to get to my destination, not a fucking clue.
    Anyway it took us 1 hour to get to junction 9 and over an hour to get 6 miles to my uncles house down some of the tightest, shiitiest country lanes Ive ever driven on, all the while my mum needed the kharzi, then we had to get from his house to the Restaurant that we were now late for, but this meant trying to go round the cycling route to the restaurant, which we managed, somehow.
    We had our grub, one of the restaurant waitresses said its so bad when they close the road fro this event, that the chefs cant get there from Dorking, so stay at the restaurant the night before??
    I dropped uncle back then tried to get to the M25, 45 mins later I'm still no where close, so stopped, another couple of cars equally lost stopped and asked me if I knew how to get to the M25, chaos.
    Somehow, I dont know how, but I suspect more signs had fallen over :o) anyway I found myself on the track (closed roads), we drove about 4 miles not seeing anyone or any cyclists, then got stopped by security, who told me I shouldn't be there, after a brief chat I pointed out that I really didn't care if there was a race, he agreed that the organisation was poor, but didn't know how I was to get to the M25, even though he had a map?? So I followed the sat nav to the M25. Then it took us 2 hours to get to bexleyheath.
    All the above just so lycra pain in the arses can dick about on their silly bikes.
    Its no wonder they are universally hated by normal people.

...and rest!

It's one day a year.
    So is his mum's Birthday.
    I'd be a bit pissed off at a restaurant taking bookings that day when they know the disruption caused.
    And there you have the selfishness of a cyclist in a nutshell.
    You would rather a business turn punters away and shut for the day so you can ride your bike!
    If they know customers will have a bad experience they should let them know when they book.
    Maybe that's a day to rethink what they do.
    By your logic everything should bow to business's priorities. So you might find anything that effects movement stopped.
    No mass spectator sport, no marathon, no events on Blackheath or other sites close to main roads.
    But the restaurants would be ok.
    Don't spin it, its so lame when people like you try to put words in people mouths because you want what you want, and sod everyone else.
    There was no one watching, did you see the weather on Sunday, it was hammering down.
    Also it wasn't the Tour de France, is was a bunch of wannabes on a cycling jolly.
    And yet you still think its Ok for businesses to close and for people to lose money, including their employees, because you lot want to peddle around, really? I mean how bloody selfish are you?
    I cannot emphasise how badly it was organised and how pissed of many many people were.
    You have just reenforced my hatred for cyclists.
    Pedal.
    pedant
  • Options
    Hr people who "reach out"...wtf !!!

• Options
    They must think they're the Four Tops.
  • Options
    IMO or worse IMHO
    for pity's sake you're posting on a forum of course it's your opinion and as for the "humble" part, any humility would preclude your spouting and pontificating in the first place.
  • Options

IMO or worse IMHO
    for pity's sake you're posting on a forum of course it's your opinion and as for the "humble" part, any humility would preclude your spouting and pontificating in the first place.

I thought it meant I Might Have Orgasms
  • Options

IMO or worse IMHO

Agree, it is annoying, but nowhere near as annoying as people stating their opinions as facts IMO

Eg. - "The Aussies and RD WILL wait until they know what league we're in, then they WILL do the deal"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

IMO or worse IMHO

Ahh, is that why my wife texts me IWHO all the time?
  • Options
    edited August 2018

IMO or worse IMHO

Absolutely.

‘IMO Sunderland will win the league.’

Thanks for making it clear that that was your opinion, otherwise I would have assumed you knew that for a fact.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Kay Burley

No matter what side of this argument you align with, this is a monumental "what the fuck?!" -

https://youtu.be/rs0mhzXHwf8
  • Options

Kay Burley

No matter what side of this argument you align with, this is a monumental "what the fuck?!" -

https://youtu.be/rs0mhzXHwf8

What an absolutely bollocks argument
  • Options
    Kids and their penchant for putting their hands on your walls despite the fact that you’ve told them not to do it at least 500 times.
  • Options
    Old men in their front garden in this hot, humid weather with no top on but wearing cotton trousers.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Old men in their front garden in this hot, humid weather with no top on but wearing cotton trousers.

Could be worse, the could be wearing cotton top and no trousers
  • Options
    Said it before, say it again. Passengers in cars who have their bare FEET on the dashboard. Height of bad manners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

Said it before, say it again. Passengers in cars who have their bare FEET on the dashboard. Height of bad manners.

That would end the journey for whoever had their feet on my dashboard.

Been off work today, took my wife's car in for its MOT. Filled the tank up which was on fumes, spent a good few hours cleaning it.

She's bought my pride and joy back that she borrowed today covered in birdshit from parking under a tree. The car park at her work is enormous!
    Wouldn't happen in my vehicle, it's the Europeans on the motorways here mate
  • Options

Greenie said:

IMO or worse IMHO

Ahh, is that why my wife texts me IWHO all the time?
    Bit demanding isn't she. When my wife tells me she will have orgasms I put her in her place by deliberately blowing my beans early. That teaches her.
    Who hangs up first?
  • Options
    The stench from vapers. Particularly in pubs, cafes and restaurants.
  • Options

Macronate said:

Could be worse, the could be wearing cotton top and no trousers
    Or polyester.
  • Options
    Hold tight you two, my good lady is checking my labels!
  • Options
    iainment said:

I thought the ban included vaping?
  • Options

iainment said:

Apparently not in The Volunteer.
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

Apparently not in The Volunteer.
    Its up to the punters in there
  • Options

Hilarious if the airbag goes off!