Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

Cyclists (again) or rather shutting roads so that they can all ponce about pretending to be the Taffy bloke that just won the Tour de Drugs.

Its a bit of a jackanory, but here goes.....

It was my mums 80th yesterday and we booked a restaurant over in Epsom near where her brother lives, we had to pick him up on the way, we came of the M25 and the route we wanted to take to Epsom was closed due to a 'Cycling Event' it was carnage, it was pissing down and many of the diversion signs had blown down, the sat nav was going berserk asking as to do U-Turns etc, I stopped and spoke to a 'Marshall', asked how I was supposed to get to my destination, not a fucking clue.
    Anyway it took us 1 hour to get to junction 9 and over an hour to get 6 miles to my uncles house down some of the tightest, shiitiest country lanes Ive ever driven on, all the while my mum needed the kharzi, then we had to get from his house to the Restaurant that we were now late for, but this meant trying to go round the cycling route to the restaurant, which we managed, somehow.
    We had our grub, one of the restaurant waitresses said its so bad when they close the road fro this event, that the chefs cant get there from Dorking, so stay at the restaurant the night before??
    I dropped uncle back then tried to get to the M25, 45 mins later I'm still no where close, so stopped, another couple of cars equally lost stopped and asked me if I knew how to get to the M25, chaos.
    Somehow, I dont know how, but I suspect more signs had fallen over :o) anyway I found myself on the track (closed roads), we drove about 4 miles not seeing anyone or any cyclists, then got stopped by security, who told me I shouldn't be there, after a brief chat I pointed out that I really didn't care if there was a race, he agreed that the organisation was poor, but didn't know how I was to get to the M25, even though he had a map?? So I followed the sat nav to the M25. Then it took us 2 hours to get to bexleyheath.
    All the above just so lycra pain in the arses can dick about on their silly bikes.
    Its no wonder they are universally hated by normal people.

...and rest!

It's one day a year.
    So is his mum's Birthday.
    I'd be a bit pissed off at a restaurant taking bookings that day when they know the disruption caused.
    And there you have the selfishness of a cyclist in a nutshell.
    You would rather a business turn punters away and shut for the day so you can ride your bike!
    If they know customers will have a bad experience they should let them know when they book.
    Maybe that's a day to rethink what they do.
    By your logic everything should bow to business's priorities. So you might find anything that effects movement stopped.
    No mass spectator sport, no marathon, no events on Blackheath or other sites close to main roads.
    But the restaurants would be ok.
    Don't spin it, its so lame when people like you try to put words in people mouths because you want what you want, and sod everyone else.
    There was no one watching, did you see the weather on Sunday, it was hammering down.
    Also it wasn't the Tour de France, is was a bunch of wannabes on a cycling jolly.
    And yet you still think its Ok for businesses to close and for people to lose money, including their employees, because you lot want to peddle around, really? I mean how bloody selfish are you?
    I cannot emphasise how badly it was organised and how pissed of many many people were.
    You have just reenforced my hatred for cyclists.
    Pedal.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

Cyclists (again) or rather shutting roads so that they can all ponce about pretending to be the Taffy bloke that just won the Tour de Drugs.

It was my mums 80th yesterday and we booked a restaurant over in Epsom near where her brother lives, we had to pick him up on the way, we came of the M25 and the route we wanted to take to Epsom was closed due to a 'Cycling Event' it was carnage, it was pissing down and many of the diversion signs had blown down, the sat nav was going berserk asking as to do U-Turns etc, I stopped and spoke to a 'Marshall', asked how I was supposed to get to my destination, not a fucking clue.
    Anyway it took us 1 hour to get to junction 9 and over an hour to get 6 miles to my uncles house down some of the tightest, shiitiest country lanes Ive ever driven on, all the while my mum needed the kharzi, then we had to get from his house to the Restaurant that we were now late for, but this meant trying to go round the cycling route to the restaurant, which we managed, somehow.
    We had our grub, one of the restaurant waitresses said its so bad when they close the road fro this event, that the chefs cant get there from Dorking, so stay at the restaurant the night before??
    I dropped uncle back then tried to get to the M25, 45 mins later I'm still no where close, so stopped, another couple of cars equally lost stopped and asked me if I knew how to get to the M25, chaos.
    Somehow, I dont know how, but I suspect more signs had fallen over :o) anyway I found myself on the track (closed roads), we drove about 4 miles not seeing anyone or any cyclists, then got stopped by security, who told me I shouldn't be there, after a brief chat I pointed out that I really didn't care if there was a race, he agreed that the organisation was poor, but didn't know how I was to get to the M25, even though he had a map?? So I followed the sat nav to the M25. Then it took us 2 hours to get to bexleyheath.
    All the above just so lycra pain in the arses can dick about on their silly bikes.

...and rest!

It's one day a year.
    I'd be a bit pissed off at a restaurant taking bookings that day when they know the disruption caused.
    You would rather a business turn punters away and shut for the day so you can ride your bike!
    If they know customers will have a bad experience they should let them know when they book.
    By your logic everything should bow to business's priorities. So you might find anything that effects movement stopped.
    No mass spectator sport, no marathon, no events on Blackheath or other sites close to main roads.
    Don't spin it, its so lame when people like you try to put words in people mouths because you want what you want, and sod everyone else.
    There was no one watching, did you see the weather on Sunday, it was hammering down.
    Also it wasn't the Tour de France, is was a bunch of wannabes on a cycling jolly.
    And yet you still think its Ok for businesses to close and for people to lose money, including their employees, because you lot want to peddle around, really? I mean how bloody selfish are you?
    I cannot emphasise how badly it was organised and how pissed of many many people were.
    Pedal.
    Oh dear oh dear.....you really are a proper cyclist.....my toes are so curled up they're nearly busting through the top of my claires.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

...and rest!

It's one day a year.
    Pedal.
    Oh dear oh dear.....you really are a proper cyclist.....my toes are so curled up they're nearly busting through the top of my claires.
    Reinforced. ;-)
  • Options
    I make @Greenie right, my old Mum used to say pretty much the same thing when she live in Troughton road. Every other saturday is the same, I can't get out of my flat for all these people going to watch 22 grown men kick a football around. ;)
  • Options
    Greenie said:

PopIcon said:

People who let their dogs lick their face, this is not okay. Disgusting behaviour.

This, and people who let their dogs on their furniture and even worse on/in their beds.
    What is wrong with them? Why cant they see this is wrong? Imagine if I'd just curled one out, not done the paperwork, walked into your living room and sat on yer sofa butt naked, now I'm guessing you wouldn't be very happy, but people let their dogs do this??

Suppose now’s not the time to admit that I quite happily let my cats sit on the worktops in the kitchen whilst I prepare food?
  • Options

Greenie said:

PopIcon said:

People who let their dogs lick their face, this is not okay. Disgusting behaviour.

This, and people who let their dogs on their furniture and even worse on/in their beds.
    What is wrong with them? Why cant they see this is wrong? Imagine if I'd just curled one out, not done the paperwork, walked into your living room and sat on yer sofa butt naked, now I'm guessing you wouldn't be very happy, but people let their dogs do this??

Suppose now’s not the time to admit that I quite happily let my cats sit on the worktops in the kitchen whilst I prepare food?
    Cats just do what they want anyway mate. Remember dogs have owners, cats have staff.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

PopIcon said:

Cats just do what they want anyway mate. Remember dogs have owners, cats have staff.
    It is a pointless exercise trying to remove them especially if they both decide to join me. I know my place.
  • Options
    Dragging my arse out of bed at 2am to drive to Gatwick, only to get here and find out the fucking flight’s delayed.
  • Options
    The M25 again

Took me 6 hours to get from Mansfield to Greenhithe yesterday afternoon, the last two and a half of which was spent getting from the M11 junction to home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    August.
  • Options

August.

What did it ever do to you?
  • Options
    limeygent said:

August.

Come and live where I do and you will understand LG...
  • Options

limeygent said:

August.

I feel your pain @Algarveaddick. Living here in a tourist destination has a lot of advantages and for the most part is fantastic. But come August and the school hols and the place is rammed, the streets and beach are a mess, you can't go anywhere quickly as the roads are packed, parking's a nightmare, the shops run out of stuff and the town centre's full of stags, hens and grockles. Least favourite time of my year tbh.

And before people start I'm aware how much tourism contributes to the local economy and I no, I wouldn't change things...

On the plus side I swear the (womens!) Swedish Under 23 beach volleyball team were practicing on the beach the other night.
  • Options

limeygent said:

August.

I feel your pain @Algarveaddick. Living here in a tourist destination has a lot of advantages and for the most part is fantastic. But come August and the school hols and the place is rammed, the streets and beach are a mess, you can't go anywhere quickly as the roads are packed, parking's a nightmare, the shops run out of stuff and the town centre's full of stags, hens and grockles. Least favourite time of my year tbh.

And before people start I'm aware how much tourism contributes to the local economy and I no, I wouldn't change things...

On the plus side I swear the (womens!) Swedish Under 23 beach volleyball team were practicing on the beach the other night.
    Spent the day at Shore Road beach on Thursday. Lovely part of the world to live. Generally annoyed by sunburn.
  • Options

limeygent said:

August.

Spent the day at Shore Road beach on Thursday. Lovely part of the world to live. Generally annoyed by sunburn.
    That's reminded me...having to slap on sun cream everytime I leave the house for longer than about 20 minutes during August...
  • Options
    Stig said:

Having to go through a load of change at work, not because it's for the good of the business but because someone up above wants to make a name for themselves. They'll then move on with their new example of leading change on their cv, and we'll get someone in to replace them. Almost certainly someone else who's suffering from new broom syndrome, because you have to suffer from this to get a manager's job. And then the whole thing starts again.

This. I worked for The Prudential in the 1990's & we went through 3 salary systems & 4 changes in sales operations......none made any difference & all caused mayhem.

The best was an edit from "up above" that we should change our "end of week" sales reporting & team meeting day to the previous day because...." you are wasting a day of sales & thus reducing the working week to 4 days".

Guess what......thurs became the new friday & we still only had 4 "sales days".

numpties all of them.
  • Options
    Eyes

I’ve always had 20/20 vision but since just over a year ago my mince pies are rapidly going, when I get up in the morning they take a good half hour to even work enough to enable me to read anything on a smart phone.

This added to my hearing always being bad and now getting worse.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Eyes

I’ve always had 20/20 vision but since just over a year ago my mince pies are rapidly going, when I get up in the morning they take a good half hour to even work enough to enable me to read anything on a smart phone.

This. Plus a whole raft of stuff on the 'you know you're getting old' thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

limeygent said:

August.

The problem here is similar, except that August tourists contribute very little to the economy other than hotels and accommodation.

The Portuguese hoards from the north, the French, the Spanish and the Swiss arrive in their cars with their shopping already mostly done where they live. They might go out once a week, other than that they eat at home and emerge when there is "free" entertainment on.

They drive appallingly and the Portuguese in particular, park like they have abandoned their cars. They are incredibly rude to the Algarvians.

Half the Brits and Irish (who are normally the ones who spend) are on AI, so they are a waste of time too.

A lot of this is also the fault of the local council and police who do nothing to stop it, in fact the council encourage it by putting on the "free" gigs and things.

Never mind, only 30 days to go... :wink:
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Eyes

Same here. Never worn glasses in my life (47 years) but two days ago went to specsavers to collect my first pair of bins. Struggling to get used to them and I don’t like having to wear them, but can’t deny it makes seeing stuff easier!
  • Options
    Every time Valli (our female) starts coming into season she has a straightener with our other girl. Sometimes I have to get involved and on the two occasions I have had too, I come of worse while they return to the house the best of friends.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Every time Valli (our female) starts coming into season she has a straightener with our other girl. Sometimes I have to get involved and on the two occasions I have had too, I come of worse while they return to the house the best of friends.

Tsk. Women.

:wink:
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Bitch fiiiiiiiiiggghhhhhhtttttt !
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Sorry, are you referring to your Thai housemaids or something else?
  • Options
    Natwest card payment system being down AGAIN. Just got card declined in front of a shop full of people which was fantastic.
  • Options

Natwest card payment system being down AGAIN. Just got card declined in front of a shop full of people which was fantastic.

had it with Halifax not that long ago, a £40 lunchtime round rejected. looked like an absolute prick. (and had my card rejected)