Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:

Dazzler21 said:

Shag said:

Dazzler21 said:

Automatic cars

why do automatic cars annoy you ?!
    No idea, they just do.
    Because it's not driving, it's sitting in a go-cart.
    Missing the old crank handle, Stig? ;-)
  • Options
    EasyJet yesterday.

Our flight home from Rhodes to Gatwick was delayed 2 hours as the incoming flight from uk was delayed. Then announced once on flight no hot or fresh food available.
    Then due to late flight we got caught up in Gatwick runway being closed as a flight to St Lucia had an emergency landing and was blocking the runway. We then didn’t have enough fuel to continue circling so we’re diverted to Luton. After three hours at Luton only 3 mini buses had turned up to ferry a plane load of passengers from Luton to Gatwick. Suffice to say our party of 12 was not on them.
    No rep from easyJet came out. Only someone at Luton airport trying to help but even he was useless. In the end we had to get two Addison Lee taxis. One from Luton to Romford to drop off wife, kids, mother in law etc and one for the drivers to Gatwick to collect the cars.
    110 and 170 quid.

When an American guy who had missed his Gatwick connection home was talking to someone at the airport, he was told ‘you are flying low cost, what do you expect?’

Not impressed with their efforts to say the least.
  • Options
    The phrases staycation and mini moon
  • Options

Stig said:

Dazzler21 said:

Shag said:

Dazzler21 said:

Automatic cars

No idea, they just do.
    Nah, I'm cranky enough without one.
  • Options

Stig said:

Dazzler21 said:

Shag said:

Dazzler21 said:

Automatic cars

No idea, they just do.
    Takes me back. I had a very advanced foul language vocabulary as a seven year old, mainly from sitting in my mum's Austin A40 on school mornings while my father tried to get it going with the starting handle.
  • Options
    Mislaying your only corkscrew when you have a chilled bottle of wine ready to go and havent had a drink for three days
  • Options
    Always driven manual cars and have a t5 mauls van. Sweetest I would never gst an automatic motor but have an Audi now that has tippy gears, can change up and down on the gear box, and it does lazy driving too.

Yes be got lazy to be fair and hardly ever do a Manila change other from dream ve mode into sport mode. It certainly shifts well in sport:
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

EasyJet yesterday.

Our flight home from Rhodes to Gatwick was delayed 2 hours as the incoming flight from uk was delayed. Then announced once on flight no hot or fresh food available.
    Then due to late flight we got caught up in Gatwick runway being closed as a flight to St Lucia had an emergency landing and was blocking the runway. We then didn’t have enough fuel to continue circling so we’re diverted to Luton. After three hours at Luton only 3 mini buses had turned up to ferry a plane load of passengers from Luton to Gatwick. Suffice to say our party of 12 was not on them.
    No rep from easyJet came out. Only someone at Luton airport trying to help but even he was useless. In the end we had to get two Addison Lee taxis. One from Luton to Romford to drop off wife, kids, mother in law etc and one for the drivers to Gatwick to collect the cars.
    110 and 170 quid.

When an American guy who had missed his Gatwick connection home was talking to someone at the airport, he was told ‘you are flying low cost, what do you expect?’

which is a fair argument when you've got choices, when some shithouse firm like ryanair or easyjet are your only option it's fucking bullshit. My advice to you mate is never, ever use them again most the time they aren't cheaper 9nce you add all the extras up
  • Options
    Carter said:

MrOneLung said:

EasyJet yesterday.

110 and 170 quid.

which is a fair argument when you've got choices, when some shithouse firm like ryanair or easyjet are your only option it's fucking bullshit. My advice to you mate is never, ever use them again most the time they aren't cheaper 9nce you add all the extras up
    Whilst you might not like Ryanair/ Easyjets customer service delivery, it was these "shithouse" firms that liberated the skys and opened up travel for all. They have enabled us all to fly around Europe for the price of a decent meal out - 20 years ago it was a months salary...

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

EasyJet yesterday.

110 and 170 quid.

A shit experience, and one that I wouldn't like to have suffered, but allow me to put some balance in...

The inbound delay may have been for any host of reasons- timing suggests it may have been related to the storms in UK. Outside of Easyjets control.

No hot or fresh food available. Not great, but as a large part of their revenue is made up of "ancillary" sales (including food) they would have been equally unhappy.

Gatwick closed - outside of their control and diverting to Luton would have been a decision based on safety. Can't really complain about that.

No rep - They will have appointed ground handlers - probably the man that you saw. Its always nice to have info, but they wouldn't have staffed up on the basis that you weren't meant to be there, and would have been reliant on their appointed groundhandlers to manage the situation.

No coaches. Always an issue, but there isn't a bank of spare drivers and coaches standing by on the off chance that a flight might be diverted. They would have been working like mad in the background to get transport sorted.

I'm probably a "general thing that annoys you" for defending what you see as crap service, but airline operations are not straightforward - when things go smoothly (as they do 90% of the time) no one understands the complexity of simply getting a passenger from A to B - its only when things don't go to plan that the true complexity becomes evident.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t get me wrong, I have used them many times before with no issues.

The first parts were the hors d’ouevres - It was the lack of coordination at Luton that Was the main course.
    They must have contingency plans for these sort of things.

The brother in law was on phone to their customer services to say there was no one to assist at Luton. They said there must be and tried to phone them up. She couldn’t get through to anyone then said she couldn’t override the staff at Luton’s decision. We queried what decision was that, and she said she didn’t know, but couldn’t override it !
    Three hours on the ground at Luton should have been enough for them to say take the Thameslink to Gatwick and we will reimburse or take a taxi to Gatwick and we will cover the costs.
  • Options

Carter said:

MrOneLung said:

EasyJet yesterday.

110 and 170 quid.

Whilst you might not like Ryanair/ Easyjets customer service delivery, it was these "shithouse" firms that liberated the skys and opened up travel for all. They have enabled us all to fly around Europe for the price of a decent meal out - 20 years ago it was a months salary...

It's not that I don't like them, I'd love to like them but they are arseholes of the highest order. I'd rather pay more and fly with anyone else. I'm not s regular business flier so when I've had to be subjected to their bullshit in the past it's been on my leisure time. They epitomise what has become of the world and their loose attitude to subbing everything out and working their staff like dogs in some sort of perverse race to the bottom that only benefits the top 1% and bends everyone else over that I don't like

Fuck stelios and Michael O'Leary. Horrible bastards
  • Options
    buckshee said:

The phrases staycation and mini moon

“Baby moon” - it’s just a holiday mate.
  • Options
    I'm guessing it wasn't "A sweet caress" then?
  • Options
    edited July 2018

MrOneLung said:

EasyJet yesterday.

110 and 170 quid.

A shit experience, and one that I wouldn't like to have suffered, but allow me to put some balance in...

The inbound delay may have been for any host of reasons- timing suggests it may have been related to the storms in UK. Outside of Easyjets control.

No hot or fresh food available. Not great, but as a large part of their revenue is made up of "ancillary" sales (including food) they would have been equally unhappy.

Gatwick closed - outside of their control and diverting to Luton would have been a decision based on safety. Can't really complain about that.

No rep - They will have appointed ground handlers - probably the man that you saw. Its always nice to have info, but they wouldn't have staffed up on the basis that you weren't meant to be there, and would have been reliant on their appointed groundhandlers to manage the situation.

No coaches. Always an issue, but there isn't a bank of spare drivers and coaches standing by on the off chance that a flight might be diverted. They would have been working like mad in the background to get transport sorted.

I'm probably a "general thing that annoys you" for defending what you see as crap service, but airline operations are not straightforward - when things go smoothly (as they do 90% of the time) no one understands the complexity of simply getting a passenger from A to B - its only when things don't go to plan that the true complexity becomes evident.
    Some valid points there Sporadic, however...

No hot or fresh food available. - Then why not tell passengers that when they are in the terminal so they can get something to take on the plane from there? They would have known before the plane landed that that was the case.

No rep - They will have appointed ground handlers - probably the man that you saw. Its always nice to have info, but they wouldn't have staffed up on the basis that you weren't meant to be there, and would have been reliant on their appointed groundhandlers to manage the situation. - What a shame Easyjet were not based somewhere handy, so someone could pop across from their office and take charge of the situation? Like Hanger 89, Luton Airport for example... :wink:

No coaches. Always an issue, but there isn't a bank of spare drivers and coaches standing by on the off chance that a flight might be diverted. They would have been working like mad in the background to get transport sorted. - If they don't have half a dozen companies on standby, and they cannot establish with those companies within 30 to 45 minutes that they can't help, then they are shoddy, no excuses. Especially at their "home" airport. As Mr.OL said, rather than keep passengers hanging around for three hours, tell them the score!

Lack of information is always the thing that annoys people most with any form of transport delay, on the odd occasion when they really don't know, then say that, and give reasons...

• Options
    Millenials thinking that just because they spent three year at a former polytechnic they know it all.
  • Options
    The Mrs point blank refusal to have net curtains as they look “chavvy” . She’s from Sheppey.
  • Options

I'm guessing it wasn't "A sweet caress" then?

Ordinary thunderstorms, which is probably apt from the mozzie's perspective!
  • Options
    People that take a shit in public places (in this case the gym I frequent) and leave shit all up the toilet bowl meaning when you are the next person in it’s either clean someone else’s shit up or have the next person believe that you’re the dirty bastard that left it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:

The Mrs point blank refusal to have net curtains as they look “chavvy” . She’s from Sheppey.

I wouldn’t agree with your wife about their chavness, I would say they are old fashioned and something my Nan would have had and she’s been dead for 20 years. Of the four houses around me the only one with nets is old Ken’s across the road and he’s been dead since last August.
  • Options
    not being allowed to just dislike someone famous without being accused of jealousy.

talking about the F1 this morning and one of the guys in the office mentioned that he cant take to Hamilton and straight away he gets comments like "nothing to do with the fact he has more money and birds than you could dream of?"

• Options

not being allowed to just dislike someone famous without being accused of jealousy.

talking about the F1 this morning and one of the guys in the office mentioned that he cant take to Hamilton and straight away he gets comments like "nothing to do with the fact he has more money and birds than you could dream of?"

Yeah... but it is though isn't it... :wink::lol:
  • Options

buckshee said:

I wouldn’t agree with your wife about their chavness, I would say they are old fashioned and something my Nan would have had and she’s been dead for 20 years. Of the four houses around me the only one with nets is old Ken’s across the road and he’s been dead since last August.
    Oi !!! I bought a couple of net curtains the other year after moving house & finding only a curtain & no nets. I live on a main road with shops & schools just minutes away & so have lots of people passing by every day. I work from home so in alot of the time & don't really want everyone looking in.

I thought nets were standard in most houses.....what do you do then to stop people seeing in ???
    Plantation shutters
  • Options
    edited July 2018

buckshee said:

Oi !!! I bought a couple of net curtains the other year after moving house & finding only a curtain & no nets. I live on a main road with shops & schools just minutes away & so have lots of people passing by every day. I work from home so in alot of the time & don't really want everyone looking in.

I thought nets were standard in most houses.....what do you do then to stop people seeing in ???
    Plantation shutters
    Plantation shutters if you're stylish and have a large budget. Frosted film if you're stylish and have a low budget. If you ring on the doorbell of every house in your area that has net curtains, you'll find that at least 4/5ths of those properties are inhabited by people over the age of 85.

• Options

buckshee said:

Good for you Golfie, nets are very practical, cheap, and easy to clean (though I think they get a bad press because some people never bother). Plantation shutters - man alive, they're just another fad to part the easily led from their money, just as the previous fads for venetian blinds, roller blinds and vertical blinds were. It's all nonsense.

PS, the levels of ageism on this subject are amazing - and coming from me, that's saying something.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

buckshee said:

Plantation shutters
    Plantation shutters if you're stylish and have a large budget. Frosted film if you're stylish and have a low budget. If you ring on the doorbell of every house in your area that has net curtains, you'll find that at least 4/5ths of those properties are inhabited by people over the age of 85.

i think the frosting only works if you have victorian sash windows. to block out all of your light/and view seems baffling to me unless you can block the bottom half of the sash and keep a edge around the outside. We almost did it when we had a flat with them.
    We dont have nets at our house, but recently got leaded windows which strangely i think help (if only to disorientate any nosy people looking in). our road is really narrow so anyone walking past could easily look in and see us (width of a car from the road as our drive way isn't deep) we also decorated our bedroom recently so took the curtains down and we can see across to the houses opposite and sure they could see in our bedroom too. the older couple have no nets and the younger couple do. other options down our road are those blinds that look like offices. i think the shutters close out far too much light even when on the open tilt just because of their bulky nature. would be good if someone invented an alternative, but in the meantime, anyone looking in will have to deal with what they can see! they'll soon stop!
  • Options
    Doesn't the curve in your driveway prevent the public from seeing into your house?

Or are you referring to staff quarters ?