Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:

buckshee said:

The Mrs point blank refusal to have net curtains as they look “chavvy” . She’s from Sheppey.

I wouldn’t agree with your wife about their chavness, I would say they are old fashioned and something my Nan would have had and she’s been dead for 20 years. Of the four houses around me the only one with nets is old Ken’s across the road and he’s been dead since last August.
    Oi !!! I bought a couple of net curtains the other year after moving house & finding only a curtain & no nets. I live on a main road with shops & schools just minutes away & so have lots of people passing by every day. I work from home so in alot of the time & don't really want everyone looking in.

I thought nets were standard in most houses.....what do you do then to stop people seeing in ???
    Plantation shutters
    Plantation shutters if you're stylish and have a large budget. Frosted film if you're stylish and have a low budget. If you ring on the doorbell of every house in your area that has net curtains, you'll find that at least 4/5ths of those properties are inhabited by people over the age of 85.

I think I'll stick to my nets thanks......I don't want to be shut away from the world.

(when I say "nets" I suppose I should say "voiles" )
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Cyclists (again) or rather shutting roads so that they can all ponce about pretending to be the Taffy bloke that just won the Tour de Drugs.

Its a bit of a jackanory, but here goes.....

It was my mums 80th yesterday and we booked a restaurant over in Epsom near where her brother lives, we had to pick him up on the way, we came of the M25 and the route we wanted to take to Epsom was closed due to a 'Cycling Event' it was carnage, it was pissing down and many of the diversion signs had blown down, the sat nav was going berserk asking as to do U-Turns etc, I stopped and spoke to a 'Marshall', asked how I was supposed to get to my destination, not a fucking clue.
    Anyway it took us 1 hour to get to junction 9 and over an hour to get 6 miles to my uncles house down some of the tightest, shiitiest country lanes Ive ever driven on, all the while my mum needed the kharzi, then we had to get from his house to the Restaurant that we were now late for, but this meant trying to go round the cycling route to the restaurant, which we managed, somehow.
    We had our grub, one of the restaurant waitresses said its so bad when they close the road fro this event, that the chefs cant get there from Dorking, so stay at the restaurant the night before??
    I dropped uncle back then tried to get to the M25, 45 mins later I'm still no where close, so stopped, another couple of cars equally lost stopped and asked me if I knew how to get to the M25, chaos.
    Somehow, I dont know how, but I suspect more signs had fallen over :o) anyway I found myself on the track (closed roads), we drove about 4 miles not seeing anyone or any cyclists, then got stopped by security, who told me I shouldn't be there, after a brief chat I pointed out that I really didn't care if there was a race, he agreed that the organisation was poor, but didn't know how I was to get to the M25, even though he had a map?? So I followed the sat nav to the M25. Then it took us 2 hours to get to bexleyheath.
    All the above just so lycra pain in the arses can dick about on their silly bikes.
    Its no wonder they are universally hated by normal people.

...and rest!

It's one day a year.
  • Options

iainment said:

Greenie said:

Cyclists (again) or rather shutting roads so that they can all ponce about pretending to be the Taffy bloke that just won the Tour de Drugs.

It was my mums 80th yesterday and we booked a restaurant over in Epsom near where her brother lives, we had to pick him up on the way, we came of the M25 and the route we wanted to take to Epsom was closed due to a 'Cycling Event' it was carnage, it was pissing down and many of the diversion signs had blown down, the sat nav was going berserk asking as to do U-Turns etc, I stopped and spoke to a 'Marshall', asked how I was supposed to get to my destination, not a fucking clue.
    Anyway it took us 1 hour to get to junction 9 and over an hour to get 6 miles to my uncles house down some of the tightest, shiitiest country lanes Ive ever driven on, all the while my mum needed the kharzi, then we had to get from his house to the Restaurant that we were now late for, but this meant trying to go round the cycling route to the restaurant, which we managed, somehow.
    We had our grub, one of the restaurant waitresses said its so bad when they close the road fro this event, that the chefs cant get there from Dorking, so stay at the restaurant the night before??
    I dropped uncle back then tried to get to the M25, 45 mins later I'm still no where close, so stopped, another couple of cars equally lost stopped and asked me if I knew how to get to the M25, chaos.
    Somehow, I dont know how, but I suspect more signs had fallen over :o) anyway I found myself on the track (closed roads), we drove about 4 miles not seeing anyone or any cyclists, then got stopped by security, who told me I shouldn't be there, after a brief chat I pointed out that I really didn't care if there was a race, he agreed that the organisation was poor, but didn't know how I was to get to the M25, even though he had a map?? So I followed the sat nav to the M25. Then it took us 2 hours to get to bexleyheath.
    All the above just so lycra pain in the arses can dick about on their silly bikes.

...and rest!

It's one day a year.
    So is his mum's Birthday.
    And thats what cyclists say when they have their bloody events near me, 'Its one day a year' but it isn't its various events all bloody summer, there was a groups of, I reckon 20 of the matching outfit bores blocking a road into my village, for some reason they had all stopped??
    Then they whinge like old women if you overtake and get within 3 feet of 'em.
    If you wanna cycle on the roads fuck off to Holland, they like it there.
  • Options
    For fellow commuters:
    See it, say it, sorted.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

...and rest!

It's one day a year.
    And thats what cyclists say when they have their bloody events near me, 'Its one day a year' but it isn't its various events all bloody summer, there was a groups of, I reckon 20 of the matching outfit bores blocking a road into my village, for some reason they had all stopped??
    Roads are for people. Some of whom cycle. They have every right to be there unless it's restricted.
    Something you have to accept, or stress about.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

...and rest!

It's one day a year.
    can't see why they are allowed to close down half of Surrey for a day just to have a bike race. Imagine asking them to do that for a protest march.....yeah, right.

I'd be proper pissed off too & would have done the same as the OP.

Maybe ok in say North Wales or Scitland but not 15 miles from Central London & one of the worlds busiest stretches of road.

bonkers.
  • Options
    why were they not watching the finale of the Tour de France?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

why were they not watching the finale of the Tour de France?

Tour de France usually ends the week before the RideLondon event yet was put back a week due to the World Cup
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

...and rest!

It's one day a year.
    Roads are for people. Some of whom cycle. They have every right to be there unless it's restricted.
    Ah the old 'we put nothing in but want everything out' attitude of cyclists. They think they have more than every right to be there, they shouldn't IMHO. And no I dont have to accept it, just because its what you want. Typical cyclist.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

...and rest!

It's one day a year.
    I got some sympathy for your point of view, however I went by train to London and had the misfortune to catch a train at around 5pm from Charing Cross on Sunday, only to be blocked in and surrounded by horrible sweaty men and women dressed in Lycra each with their own bikes. Most got off at Blackheath or before, surely it was have been quicker to have ridden rather than clog up the train system. I believe I have every right to be on the rails, but I’m not convinced that 100 or more sweating cyclist have. I did ask why they weren’t cycling home as they were departing, but apparently I could stick his bike up my, then the doors shut. It caused chaos.
  • Options

not being allowed to just dislike someone famous without being accused of jealousy.

talking about the F1 this morning and one of the guys in the office mentioned that he cant take to Hamilton and straight away he gets comments like "nothing to do with the fact he has more money and birds than you could dream of?"

Yeah... but it is though isn't it... :wink::lol:
    I pointed out that I can’t stand the bloke but apparently that’s because He’s English and if he wasn’t I’d like him
  • Options

iainment said:

Greenie said:

...and rest!

It's one day a year.
    I'd be a bit pissed off at a restaurant taking bookings that day when they know the disruption caused.
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

...and rest!

It's one day a year.
    I'd be a bit pissed off at a restaurant taking bookings that day when they know the disruption caused.
    Should they have asked what postcode you were coming from when booking the table ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

...and rest!

It's one day a year.
    Should they have asked what postcode you were coming from when booking the table ?
    Yes if they know, from previous years, that even their staff can't get in.
    It's called customer service.
  • Options

buckshee said:

The Mrs point blank refusal to have net curtains as they look “chavvy” . She’s from Sheppey.

I wouldn’t agree with your wife about their chavness, I would say they are old fashioned and something my Nan would have had and she’s been dead for 20 years. Of the four houses around me the only one with nets is old Ken’s across the road and he’s been dead since last August.
    Oi !!! I bought a couple of net curtains the other year after moving house & finding only a curtain & no nets. I live on a main road with shops & schools just minutes away & so have lots of people passing by every day. I work from home so in alot of the time & don't really want everyone looking in.

I thought nets were standard in most houses.....what do you do then to stop people seeing in ???
    Nothing on my windows, I like light and looking out at the front and back gardens.
    If people want to look into my humble abode, I don’t mind. I’ve got bugger of interest anyway.
  • Options

not being allowed to just dislike someone famous without being accused of jealousy.

talking about the F1 this morning and one of the guys in the office mentioned that he cant take to Hamilton and straight away he gets comments like "nothing to do with the fact he has more money and birds than you could dream of?"

I pointed out that I can’t stand the bloke but apparently that’s because He’s English and if he wasn’t I’d like him
    No, it’s because he shagged Nicole.
  • Options

No, it’s because he shagged Nicole.
    Papa?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:

People who let their dogs lick their face, this is not okay. Disgusting behaviour.

Beastiality.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

People who let their dogs lick their face, this is not okay. Disgusting behaviour.

People who let their dogs lick their balls.
    Not a great habit, but if you are single.......
  • Options
    edited July 2018

PopIcon said:

People who let their dogs lick their balls.
    Not a great habit, but if you are single.......
    I walked into a pub and there was a huge great dog sitting in the corner licking his balls. I said to the landlord, 'I wish I could do that'. He said, 'give him a biscuit and he might let you'.
  • Options

iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

...and rest!

It's one day a year.
    I got some sympathy for your point of view, however I went by train to London and had the misfortune to catch a train at around 5pm from Charing Cross on Sunday, only to be blocked in and surrounded by horrible sweaty men and women dressed in Lycra each with their own bikes. Most got off at Blackheath or before, surely it was have been quicker to have ridden rather than clog up the train system. I believe I have every right to be on the rails, but I’m not convinced that 100 or more sweating cyclist have. I did ask why they weren’t cycling home as they were departing, but apparently I could stick his bike up my, then the doors shut. It caused chaos.
    During peak times passengers travelling with bikes are supposed to travel only in certain carriages usually at the back of the train. Unfortunately it's a rule that's not enforced - of it was it would make the journey a lot easier for everyone.
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

...and rest!

It's one day a year.
    And there you have the selfishness of a cyclist in a nutshell.
    You would rather a business turn punters away and shut for the day so you can ride your bike!
  • Options

iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

...and rest!

It's one day a year.
    During peak times passengers travelling with bikes are supposed to travel only in certain carriages usually at the back of the train. Unfortunately it's a rule that's not enforced - of it was it would make the journey a lot easier for everyone.
    There you go you see, if you’d waited until 8am the next morning and you’d checked which carriage you were in then your moan may have been justified....
  • Options
    Greenie said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

...and rest!

It's one day a year.
    You would rather a business turn punters away and shut for the day so you can ride your bike!
    If they know customers will have a bad experience they should let them know when they book.
    Maybe that's a day to rethink what they do.
    By your logic everything should bow to business's priorities. So you might find anything that effects movement stopped.
    No mass spectator sport, no marathon, no events on Blackheath or other sites close to main roads.
    But the restaurants would be ok.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

...and rest!

It's one day a year.
    If they know customers will have a bad experience they should let them know when they book.
    Maybe that's a day to rethink what they do.
    By your logic everything should bow to business's priorities. So you might find anything that effects movement stopped.
    No mass spectator sport, no marathon, no events on Blackheath or other sites close to main roads.
    But the restaurants would be ok.
    Don't spin it, its so lame when people like you try to put words in people mouths because you want what you want, and sod everyone else.
    There was no one watching, did you see the weather on Sunday, it was hammering down.
    Also it wasn't the Tour de France, is was a bunch of wannabes on a cycling jolly.
    And yet you still think its Ok for businesses to close and for people to lose money, including their employees, because you lot want to peddle around, really? I mean how bloody selfish are you?
    I cannot emphasise how badly it was organised and how pissed of many many people were.
    You have just reenforced my hatred for cyclists.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

This, and people who let their dogs on their furniture and even worse on/in their beds.
    What is wrong with them? Why cant they see this is wrong? Imagine if I'd just curled one out, not done the paperwork, walked into your living room and sat on yer sofa butt naked, now I'm guessing you wouldn't be very happy, but people let their dogs do this??
  • Options

Bit of balance for Ride London
    150 Million boost to economy since 2012
    2 Million to Surrey charities alone