Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    People who use the word "adult" as a verb, such as "I don't feel like adulting today".
  • Options

McBobbin said:

People who use the word "adult" as a verb, such as "I don't feel like adulting today".

Has to be said mate, you are the first person I've ever seen use it, ipso facto you must be annoying. ;-)

Mind you, not as annoying as tossers who drop Latin phrases into everyday conversations. Quod erat demonstrandum
    Or people that quote badly drawn boy
  • Options
    Not being allowed to wear shorts at work.

Now where's my kilt?
  • Options
    bbob said:

iaitch said:

bbob said:

here you go

Thanks bbob, just seen my breakfast for a second time!!!
    If this heatwave continues they may grace the Valley on Aug 11th....
    Hopefully you're nowhere near the upper west?
  • Options
    I could meet you at half time ?
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

My dogs all irritable because of the heat and decide to have a scrap in the lounge. I watch the tv rock back and forwards before deciding it was going land on the still scrapping dogs. I launch myself from the chair saving the tv but smashing my knuckles on the wall and my knee on the fire surround. Both dogs have separated and are now getting fussed from my wife while she says. It's alright boys, did that nasty daddy frighten you screaming like that! :(

You need a cat.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

My dogs all irritable because of the heat and decide to have a scrap in the lounge. I watch the tv rock back and forwards before deciding it was going land on the still scrapping dogs. I launch myself from the chair saving the tv but smashing my knuckles on the wall and my knee on the fire surround. Both dogs have separated and are now getting fussed from my wife while she says. It's alright boys, did that nasty daddy frighten you screaming like that! :(

Don’t suppose you have CCTV in the lounge?
    I think we’d all like to see that :lol:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:

T_C_E said:

You need a cat.
    How will that stop the dogs fighting ??
  • Options

iainment said:

T_C_E said:

You need a cat.
    They'll stick together against a common enemy!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    When you're out on the road and dying for a no. 2 and finally find a promising supermarket that looks like it could have some decent toilets, only to be pipped at the door by the cleaners who stick a not in service cone outside them ffs
  • Options
    Sitting on a bench in the precinct, trying to push it back in till they're done
  • Options
    ....hopes this don't push a pile out
  • Options
    Selfish moron HGV drivers who are "...just following me satnav mate..." despite the effing big sign at the top of the road stating Unsuitable for HGVs. You despicable wankstain you have now bunged up the tiny country lane with your 40ton artic cos the rules of the road don't apply to you do they? As soon as the dithering fossil behind me can be convinced to back up a bit and turn around, I'll take the 5 mile long way round and report your worthless carcass to your boss. It won't undo the festering imbecile's ruination of a dozen or so people's mornings but it hopefully will get you the sack.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Not being allowed to wear shorts at work.

Now where's my kilt?

Now being allowed to wear 'smart' shorts.

It's the kilt then.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

iainment said:

T_C_E said:

You need a cat.
    It won't, the cat is the prize for the winning dog
  • Options
    Safety briefings at work because it's hot

"Try and stay in the shade"
    "Keep hydrated"
    "Wear loose fitting clothes"
    "Wear sunscreen"

This was the email sent to me seconds after being asked to unpick something really complicated, done by an idiot senior manager. On the one hand they think I'm Forrest Gump and on the other I'm a senior, useful, resourceful employee.

I shouldn't get annoyed but it fucks me off. They could tell everyone not to knock themselves out and to take it easy but they haven't given me any less physical work to do or found me somewhere cool to work or listened to my suggestion of me working flexibly (very early, stop, then work late)

Wankers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quiet drink in a pub in Earls Court and a feller in the yellow Fads top just walks in. I’m gonna ignore him
  • Options
    This weather.

Us Brits are not built for such a sustained period of clammy, uncomfortable heat.

Much prefer Spring or Autumn.
  • Options
    Or winter
  • Options
    I hope you are not one of the many people that have been moaning for the last few years that we never have a decent summer? :smiley:
  • Options
    Been rolling up to work in shorts and sandals, having my brekkie... Only put work keks and shoes on later. Good air conditioning helps. And my work dare to say they are trialling "business casual" which is basically normal man clothes sans tie, women wear what they want.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Been rolling up to work in shorts and sandals, having my brekkie... Only put work keks and shoes on later. Good air conditioning helps. And my work dare to say they are trialling "business casual" which is basically normal man clothes sans tie, women wear what they want.

Ah yes.......equality.
  • Options
    Talking of equality.

I noticed that the women's cricket on Sky last night had an all female commentary team. Us males need to worry when there isn't even room for a token male ex first class cricketer to spout forth his expertise views. I predict a slippery slope :neutral: