Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    McBobbin said:

cblock said:

Thats where the sell by date is(-:

People that look at use by dates. If it looks visibiy angry when you take the lid off, scrape the top layer. If it doesn't, eat the lot
    sell by date is just that....sell by. good to eat for at least another 3-4 days. Even use by is ok for another couple of days.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

cblock said:

People that look at use by dates. If it looks visibiy angry when you take the lid off, scrape the top layer. If it doesn't, eat the lot
    sell by date is just that....sell by. good to eat for at least another 3-4 days. Even use by is ok for another couple of days.
    Tell that to my Mrs. She's thinks the date is like the countdown on a dirty bomb
  • Options
    Bad grasses on twitter causing my account to be suspended
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

I’m quite comfortable being too old to know what this means...
    You don’t know what a grass is?
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

You've left us hanging now, whilst I cannot stand grasses I am very interested in what you did to cause your ban
  • Options
    Carter said:

Fumbluff said:

You've left us hanging now, whilst I cannot stand grasses I am very interested in what you did to cause your ban
    Only gave a bit of stick back to a few Scots and Irish after the Sweden and Croatia games. Pretty tame really.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

cblock said:

Nope. Sell by dates haven'tbeen used for decades now. Consumers have two durability indications only - best before & use by.

https://food.gov.uk/safety-hygiene/best-before-and-use-by-dates

It's up to you if you decide to eat something days beyond its use by date but if you are you're assuming you know better than the manufacturer.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

cblock said:

Nope. Sell by dates haven'tbeen used for decades now. Consumers have two durability indications only - best before & use by.

It's up to you if you decide to eat something days beyond its use by date but if you are you're assuming you know better than the manufacturer.
    Decades? a quick google search suggests they ended in 2011.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

McBobbin said:

cblock said:

Decades? a quick google search suggests they ended in 2011.
    Not sure where you're looking but they (use by/best before) "date" back to the 90's.
  • Options
    Millenials.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

cblock said:

Never been ill eating something past either its use by or best before. Had 2 yoghurts earlier that had a date of 13/07 on them. No ill effects/no puking/no nothing.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Millenials.

Made me chuckle. I was talking to a few industry bigwigs at an awards ceremony (I was a last minute replacement for someone important) and the scorn for free flowing... The head of one organisation said that they had to employ a director or millennials to try and damped their copious and ridiculous over entitled expectations.

I do enjoy a good ruck between them and the hilariously similar but won't admit it, baby boomers.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

cblock said:

Never been ill eating something past either its use by or best before. Had 2 yoghurts earlier that had a date of 13/07 on them. No ill effects/no puking/no nothing.
    Pleased to hear it Golfie. If I were going to eat something 10 days past it's use by date I'd also chose a yoghurt as it's essentially a bowl of fermented milk alive with bacteria and acid anyway.

It doesn't mean any other type of food is still good to eat after it's use by date though.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

buckshee said:

Millenials.

Made me chuckle. I was talking to a few industry bigwigs at an awards ceremony (I was a last minute replacement for someone important) and the scorn for free flowing... The head of one organisation said that they had to employ a director or millennials to try and damped their copious and ridiculous over entitled expectations.

I do enjoy a good ruck between them and the hilariously similar but won't admit it, baby boomers.
    Is this us? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzum25lHoqE
  • Options
    People that use phrases like ‘wankpuffin’ as a put down. Can imagine they wear boot cut jeans with a rugby top.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

People that use phrases like ‘wankpuffin’ as a put down. Can imagine they wear boot cut jeans with a rugby top.

What is the correct style of jean to wear with boots out of interest?
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

I know what a grass is, but what's twitter?
  • Options
    bbob said:

What is the correct style of jean to wear with boots out of interest?
  • Options
    I have those exact jeans - how on earth did you know?
  • Options
    Please do not post a picture of you wearing them!!!!
  • Options
    The new Nationwide adverts....just very very annoying
  • Options

McBobbin said:

cblock said:

Pleased to hear it Golfie. If I were going to eat something 10 days past it's use by date I'd also chose a yoghurt as it's essentially a bowl of fermented milk alive with bacteria and acid anyway.

It doesn't mean any other type of food is still good to eat after it's use by date though.
    I'm sure the food chains build in a pretty big margin for error BA, if only to avoid constant litigation should people fall ill the day after a stated use by date.
    I wouldn't go around recommending people consume food past it's recommended date, but I think if you use common sense you are going to be okay.
    I wouldn't eat fish or shellfish past it's date for example.
    Don't know if you like me remember the days before we all had fridges, but we used to keep things like bacon and ham in the pantry for several days with no ill effect, so I am sure it will stay good much longer in a fridge.
  • Options
    bbob said:

here you go

Thanks bbob, just seen my breakfast for a second time!!!
  • Options
    iaitch said:

bbob said:

here you go

Thanks bbob, just seen my breakfast for a second time!!!
    If this heatwave continues they may grace the Valley on Aug 11th....