Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    limeygent said:

My wife buying me a platinum, turn one grandstand seat for the Grand Prix tomorrow for my birthday and getting a f*****g flu type virus yesterday.

Feel like shit and am supposed to be driving up to Wellingborough in half an hour to stay with my mate and watch the football with a few beers.

Head’s been down the loo for half the morning and can’t even climb the bloody stairs without my head spinning.

Hope you soon feel well again.
    Cheers, made it up here but am on squash. Hamilton getting pole perked me up.
  • Options

Watching the match on HD when the neighbours' aren't, so I hear them cheering a goal 2 seconds before it goes in on my TV

Exactly what happened to me. Damn my poor neighbours!
  • Options

My wife buying me a platinum, turn one grandstand seat for the Grand Prix tomorrow for my birthday and getting a f*****g flu type virus yesterday.

Feel like shit and am supposed to be driving up to Wellingborough in half an hour to stay with my mate and watch the football with a few beers.

Head’s been down the loo for half the morning and can’t even climb the bloody stairs without my head spinning.

He can’t even face a wank.
    I’d heard he was always facing a wank
  • Options

Still rough but made the race. Cracking recovery from Lewis and a fantastic atmosphere at the circuit.

• Options
    Glad you enjoyed it Dave and Lewis made is a good race for you
  • Options
    Comments I'm hearing about the England National Team, not on here yet people saying that we've finally got an England Squad we can connect with

Translation: England are winning on the big stage I'm a glory hunter and only care when we're winning!!

Other than a handful of players dont they realise that about 70% of this England Squad have been together for a good few years now!!

No doubt if we win the World Cup, they'll be the same people who'll come out saying that we dont deserve to be World Champions if we lose a handful of games later in the year
  • Options
    Being in a 24 hour, 60 minute, social media society where everyone posts minute details of their mundane lives on fb,snapchat etc but when a big story breaks at midnight the only tv channel covering DD resigning is Sky News......who then at 12.30 went to their scheduled "front page" programme whete they were talking about events that had now been totally wipped from the front pages.

BBC continued with Hard Talk.....then went onto their scheduled,on the hour, world news programme where the main news was the rescue of 4 boys stuck in a cave for a week....

Little England is just that. Nobody cares about Brexit so I have given up & done the same. I'm done with it & I'm out......or should that be I'm back in with the rest if you.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Make politics relevant send DD to love island
  • Options

Dog shit on a beach

You should live in Cornwall. They have baby shit on the beach here.
  • Options

It annoys me that people are annoyed that people not normally into football are swept up into the world cup hysteria. It happens every time a major event happens, where people moan that all these 'new' fans and 'women' are getting into it. (ashes, euros, world cup etc)

Let's not be so precious and embrace the new fans and positive feeling whilst it lasts!

Agree with that, but the flip side is this bloke I've been working with, he must be about late 50's I reckon, makes you feel like a right nob for watching it and comes out with the usual -

- Can't stand football, I'd sooner go and watch the rugby down at Brive
    - I played football to quite a high standard years ago
    - Not watching the World Cup, got no interest
    - You don't think we're gonna get anywhere do you!?
    - We should be beating teams like Panama

He ain't shown up today, but I guarantee the next time I see him he's either all over it, or trots out the "we couldn't have had it any easier" line
  • Options
    edited July 2018

It annoys me that people are annoyed that people not normally into football are swept up into the world cup hysteria. It happens every time a major event happens, where people moan that all these 'new' fans and 'women' are getting into it. (ashes, euros, world cup etc)

Let's not be so precious and embrace the new fans and positive feeling whilst it lasts!

Agree with that, but the flip side is this bloke I've been working with, he must be about late 50's I reckon, makes you feel like a right nob for watching it and comes out with the usual -

- Can't stand football, I'd sooner go and watch the rugby down at Brive
    - I played football to quite a high standard years ago
    - Not watching the World Cup, got no interest
    - You don't think we're gonna get anywhere do you!?
    - We should be beating teams like Panama

He ain't shown up today, but I guarantee the next time I see him he's either all over it, or trots out the "we couldn't have had it any easier" line
    Smile at him and move on.

I get that about Love Island. Plenty of people 'can't believe you watch that crap, it's so low brow, the people are morons as are the people watching it' every morning without fail the same people 'what happened last night then?' who got 'pied', 'who has joined the do bits society'. So i make stuff up that happened and they go off and tell someone else what i told them.
  • Options
    But not as moronic as spelling morons wrong?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

But not as moronic as spelling morons wrong?

• Options
    Charlton Life Members arguing over posts from 3 years ago...
  • Options
    Flies!
    Is it me or is this year a bumper one?
    You expect the odd bluebottle or such when you are eating al fresco, but this year there seems to be a small swarm of annoyingly persistent green ones the minute you step out into the garden with food.
    They won't be denied by waving my arms around and it ends up like a low budget version of Hitchcock's The Birds.
    Drove me indoors the bastards.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Gnats/Mosquitoes

The f***ing love me.

ATM I have 11 Gnat/Mosquito Bites and they itch like hell
    Its the same everyyear, I dunno what it is about my blood they like but it is bloody annoying
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Generally annoyed every time I see the new Evian poster with kids in adult clothing in what looks like they are throwing the plastic bottles away. Just looks odd when you think we are trying to avoid plastic waste!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are witnessing one of the greatest footballing stories in this countries history and fellow football fans on a football forum still at each other’s throats about politicians and poxy vegetables.
  • Options
    Tbf mate, I'm stuck at Limoges airport waiting for my Mrs delayed flight and it beats getting wound up by the cowboy hat wearing expats walking round in front of me....
  • Options
    Just about everybody spelling Colombia as Columbia.

Still, feck em.
  • Options

Short fat greaser in a black bmw 6 series convertible dawdling along at 45 mph in the 3rd lane of 4 on the M25 at 11 in the morning.
    Where to start?
    How about the 3.5 mile queue you were causing as cogent road users had to wait to take turns to overtake your fat worthless arse and all the HGV's that can't use the 4th lane all lined up behind you
    Your bewildered reaction as my passenger lent out of the window and bellowed instructions, then obscenities at you was priceless.
    obviously choosing a 6 series convertible alerts the world to your cuntishness to start with
    driving on a sunny day at 45 mph with the roof up underlines that heavily
    Your continued existence is an offence to all and must end as soon as possible
    Give the car to charity, then do the decent thing and jump down a very deep hole where nobody will find you and your blight on humanity can be terminated.

Funnily enough, as you went past I thought to myself, 'I bet that's that Stig wally from CL'
  • Options

Flies!
    Is it me or is this year a bumper one?
    You expect the odd bluebottle or such when you are eating al fresco, but this year there seems to be a small swarm of annoyingly persistent green ones the minute you step out into the garden with food.
    They won't be denied by waving my arms around and it ends up like a low budget version of Hitchcock's The Birds.
    Drove me indoors the bastards.

Are you sure they’re not bogies?
  • Options

Tbf mate, I'm stuck at Limoges airport waiting for my Mrs delayed flight and it beats getting wound up by the cowboy hat wearing expats walking round in front of me....

I’ve been to Limoges
  • Options

A) 'women' makes the ones in my boozer sound semi-normal
    B) they can come to the pub all they want, as long as washing and ironing is done.
    C) a 'new fans' telling me the ins and outs of the game is the equivilant of me telling a hooker how to give head.

• Options
    Getting my work schedule round my neck. So instead of being in Geordieland tomorrow night and watching the semi in the fan park as I'd thought, I'll actually be desperately trying to get myself back from Preston in time to watch the match at home.
  • Options

Comments I'm hearing about the England National Team, not on here yet people saying that we've finally got an England Squad we can connect with

Translation: England are winning on the big stage I'm a glory hunter and only care when we're winning!!

Other than a handful of players dont they realise that about 70% of this England Squad have been together for a good few years now!!

No doubt if we win the World Cup, they'll be the same people who'll come out saying that we dont deserve to be World Champions if we lose a handful of games later in the year

I wonder how many of the folk on here, and undoubtedly elsewhere, who claimed they wouldn't get out of bed to watch England if they were playing across the street two months ago, will actually be sat at home reading a book at 7PM tomorrow...