Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Those who continually resurrect the Diego Poyet/Tony Watt threads.

What’s the fascination?
  • Options

What’s the fascination?
    People who open threads that they have no interest in and then moan about it.
  • Options
    People who moan about people who moan about threads that they have no interest in. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020

What’s the fascination?
    People who open threads that they have no interest in and then moan about it.
    I don’t need to nor do I open they’re there in plain sight.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    People who moan about people who moan about threads that they have no interest in. 
    People who moan about people who moan about people who moan about people, who moan!😹
  • Options
    Have put this up before, but have seen a couple of people on the 'Lucy Kerr RIP' thread using exclamation marks.
    Are they that insensitive, or just plain dim to see how inappropriate it is.
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    Have put this up before, but have seen a couple of people on the 'Lucy Kerr RIP' thread using exclamation marks.
    Not sure I agree. Whilst an exclamation mark was historically used to convey excitement, modern usage means it now reflects any strong emotion. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Redskin said:
    Not sure I agree. Whilst an exclamation mark was historically used to convey excitement, modern usage means it now reflects any strong emotion. 
    'modern usage' is nothing but an excuse for ignorance. It's crass, and that's all there is to it.
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    stonemuse said:
    Redskin said:
    'modern usage' is nothing but an excuse for ignorance. It's crass, and that's all there is to it.
    Language evolves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Redskin said:
    stonemuse said:
    Redskin said:
    Language evolves.
    It also regresses.
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Redskin said:
    stonemuse said:
    Redskin said:
    Language evolves.
    It also regresses.
    It’s not a regression if it now has a different meaning. 

Whether you like it or not, it is now used to add emphasis. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Redskin said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Redskin said:
    stonemuse said:
    Redskin said:
    Language evolves.
    It also regresses.

All it emphasises is the crassness of its user.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Redskin said:
    stonemuse said:
    Redskin said:
    Really? People have gone on there to express their sympathy and you pick up on the fact that they have used an explanation mark to suggest they are insensitive or dim??

I've seen some arsehole remarks on this forum in the past, but I think this tops the lot.
    You've gone and done it now, you've used two question marks!
    Why does it make you excited?
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    stonemuse said:
    Redskin said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Redskin said:
    stonemuse said:
    Redskin said:
    Language evolves.
    It also regresses.

All it emphasises is the crassness of its user.
    Luddite
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    stonemuse said:
    Redskin said:
    Really? People have gone on there to express their sympathy and you pick up on the fact that they have used an explanation mark to suggest they are insensitive or dim??

I've seen some arsehole remarks on this forum in the past, but I think this tops the lot.
    I went on there and posted my own post of sympathy. I wouldn't dream of sullying the thread  which is why I expressed my objection to the use of exclamation marks on here.
    Talk of 'modern usage', lanuage 'evolving' and me being a 'luddite' is as fatuous as it is glib. Let's pander to the lowest common denominator, that's real progress.
    Good night.
  • Options
    Where do we get em from....unbelievable!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Redskin said:
    Redskin said:
    stonemuse said:
    Redskin said:

I went on there and posted my own post of sympathy. I wouldn't dream of sullying the thread  which is why I expressed my objection to the use of exclamation marks on here.
    Talk of 'modern usage', lanuage 'evolving' and me being a 'luddite' is as fatuous as it is glib. Let's pander to the lowest common denominator, that's real progress.
    Good night.
    Don’t be ridiculous.

Perhaps you would prefer that language never evolved and we speak as we would have done in the Middle Ages ...gadzooks !!
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    Redskin said:
    stonemuse said:
    Redskin said:

Good night.
    Race to the bottom mate
  • Options
    edited February 2020
  • Options
    I get really pissed off with people that don't know the difference between pissed and pissed off. I've seen it a few times on here recently and it really boils my piss.  Here's a little guide to help any muppets who don't know the correct way to use these phrases: 

• Options
    Stig said:
    I get really pissed off with people that don't know the difference between pissed and pissed off. I've seen it a few times on here recently and it really boils my piss.  Here's a little guide to help any muppets who don't know the correct way to use these phrases: 

How are you with exclamation points? !
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Stig said:

How are you with exclamation points? !
    Pretty pissed!
  • Options
    Stig said:

Strange thing to get pissed about
  • Options
    Adoring couples on the tube in the morning rush hour, clearly all loved up post-shag.
    Nauseating at any time, but doubly bad in inescapable proximity
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Adoring couples on the tube in the morning rush hour, clearly all loved up post-shag.
    Nauseating at any time, but doubly bad in inescapable proximity
    Otto & Memhet were on the same train obviously. 😍