Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Moss Bros!!

Purchased a suit there the other week where it had to be ordered from another store where I'd be assured that a call would be made letting me know when the items had arrived

No call received so had to chase, no recollection of my order so got a call back to confirm when the items had been found

My wife went along to collect a few days later (I was unwell at the time), nothing could be found so I called them up myself to find out what was going on, would be told I'd receive a call back

Again no call back before the end of play yesterday so called up myself, frustration got the better of me which saw me swear down the phone - Now I've worked in Customer Service so agree its not acceptable, but never have I had a prick who hasnt wanted to drop the subject (of me swearing) and get on with trying to resolve the problem that has caused my anger in the first place, round and round in circles we go for five minutes before he tells me he has my suit in front of him

Wonder when the penny will drop with the Manager that had I received better communication in the first place that the matter of me swearing would never have come up because it would never have happened

On the same note when you ask to speak with someone senior and you find out your speaking to the Manager... "There is no one senior to speak to"

Look mate, I'm talking to someone within a large company here, unless you actually own the whole damned company there is always someone bloody senior to speak to than you!!!
  • Options
    When you leave your yoghurt in the fridge at work that 'goes off' on sunday 1st, but know it'll be fine on Monday 2nd if kept in the fridge. the cleaner clears the fridge on a friday at 2pm, so i put it in there at 4pm friday so that it would not be thrown away. I've come in today and just went to get it, it's not in the fridge (with some fruit that equally would have been fine a day past it's date) it's on the side with a host of mouldy food and has probably been sat there all weekend. That's annoying. Dry granola for breakfast anyone? 
    use by/sell by dates are mostly nonsense for sure.
    If a pithily worded note on your stuff in the fridge about wastage etc doesn't do the trick - try permanent marker over the dates on the tub/packet.  Out of sight might just keep it out of the tiny mind of the wasteful busy body.
  • Options
    When you leave your yoghurt in the fridge at work that 'goes off' on sunday 1st, but know it'll be fine on Monday 2nd if kept in the fridge. the cleaner clears the fridge on a friday at 2pm, so i put it in there at 4pm friday so that it would not be thrown away. I've come in today and just went to get it, it's not in the fridge (with some fruit that equally would have been fine a day past it's date) it's on the side with a host of mouldy food and has probably been sat there all weekend. That's annoying. Dry granola for breakfast anyone? 
    use by dates are there for a reason.
    It was an out of date Mueller Fruit Corner that kicked off the coronavirus outbreak.

FACT !
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    use by dates are there for a reason.
    It was an out of date Mueller Fruit Corner that kicked off the coronavirus outbreak.

FACT! 
    yep - profit margins for manufacturers and retailers
  • Options
    Booking a holiday in early May on the orient express followed by a 9 day Italian cruise, probably not the best idea in the circumstances, 
  • Options
    Being told by some "twenty-something media babe" how to wash my hands. Been doing it quite successfully for about three times as long as she's been on this planet.
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Being told by some "twenty-something media babe" how to wash my hands. Been doing it quite successfully for about three times as long as she's been on this planet.
    the problem is, some adults still don't wash their hands when going for a piss never mind washing them regularly throughout the day
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    limeygent said:
    the problem is, some adults still don't wash their hands when going for a piss never mind washing them regularly throughout the day
    This, there are some absolute skuzzers out there!
  • Options
    Working late on the house, chuck a bit of diner in the over, get out the bath just in time for when the food should be ready by, only to find out you've put the oven on defrost setting
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went to look at a job yesterday, they've had a large extension put on with a huge kitchen. What I was looking at required me to go in the garden for about twenty minutes which obviously right now is quite cold. Not even a hint of being offered a tea or coffee despite the home owner faffing round in previously mentioned kitchen the whole time I was there.
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    Have put this up before, but have seen a couple of people on the 'Lucy Kerr RIP' thread using exclamation marks.
    Are they that insensitive, or just plain dim to see how inappropriate it is.
    Similar to when someone puts bad news on twitter and it gets hundreds of likes, weird.
  • Options
    League One
  • Options
    People that hoist themselves up and sit on kitchen worktops. Height of ignorance. If you were meant to sit there B&Q would of provided scatter cushions for your comfort. 
  • Options
    People that hoist themselves up and sit on kitchen worktops. Height of ignorance. If you were meant to sit there B&Q would of provided scatter cushions for your comfort. 
    Must have been one of my cats in a past life!!
  • Options
    my favourite spot to sit in our kitchen - so much better than a chair. 

and its "have", not "of".... :-)

• Options
    Rain
  • Options

Sincerest apologies for my momentary lapse into the grammatical gutter. 
    In all fairness though you wouldn't find me carving the Sunday joint on the leather Three seater. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2020

Sincerest apologies for my momentary lapse into the grammatical gutter. 
    In all fairness though you wouldn't find me carving the Sunday joint on the leather Three seater. 

fair point - the gravy goes everywhere...
  • Options
    Being here for six days and getting a gum infection on day one. No beer for the entire visit.   
  • Options
    Surely spirits are ok though
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    My feet are making fart noises in my shoes when I walk so currently going around the office on tip toes!
    Let 'em rip!
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    My feet are making fart noises in my shoes when I walk so currently going around the office on tip toes!

Have you tried Gaffer Tape?
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    My feet are making fart noises in my shoes when I walk so currently going around the office on tip toes
    Shreddies are your friend.
    https://www.myshreddies.com/flatulence
    And you wont need to keep on blaming your shoes! ;-)

• Options
    Should probably be on the Post Match Thread really but the moron in the Covered End Lower who TWICE wasted time keeping the ball when we were already a goal down. Why couldn't the idiot see that he was wasting OUR time?
  • Options
    When you've done all your housework, go to put the atomizer on, and all 3 bottles of essential oils are empty. 

There'd better be some bath salts left for me ffs