Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    People that are late all the time and think it's some sort of quirky acceptable trait

People who work on the tills in supermarkets who cannot count, or don't understand what to do when you give them a note, plus the odd couple of pence.
    When I was a relatively junior manager in social services many social workers always seemed to be late. In the end if they were more than 15 minutes late I’d tell them to reschedule the meeting. After a rocky start this worked and meetings started as scheduled.
  • Options
    Pub Golf 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Lateness pisses me off, it does so because being late for something or the thought of being late stresses me out and I will always give people the benefit of the doubt and imagine how worked up they will be getting.

Which I reckon is fair until you find it's the same people always late for everything without seeing to care, that gets right up my nose 
    Agree. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Lateness pisses me off, it does so because being late for something or the thought of being late stresses me out and I will always give people the benefit of the doubt and imagine how worked up they will be getting.

Which I reckon is fair until you find it's the same people always late for everything without seeing to care, that gets right up my nose 
    Sorry I didn’t read this earlier. Totally agree.
  • Options

People who work on the tills in supermarkets who cannot count, or don't understand what to do when you give them a note, plus the odd couple of pence.

Customers in supermarkets who insist on hunting through every pocket and every bag they have to find the odd change when the cashier has a damn drawer full of it and doesn't need you to hold up the queue any longer than you already have by insisting on waiting until everything has been scanned before you even think about looking for your bags (or realising you've left them in the car/at home) and proceed to try and squeeze a week's worth of shopping into a single carrier bag. ;)
  • Options
    addix said:

Customers in supermarkets who insist on hunting through every pocket and every bag they have to find the odd change when the cashier has a damn drawer full of it and doesn't need you to hold up the queue any longer than you already have by insisting on waiting until everything has been scanned before you even think about looking for your bags (or realising you've left them in the car/at home) and proceed to try and squeeze a week's worth of shopping into a single carrier bag. ;)
    Living in France, no ones bothered mate. Remember it's obligatoire here to have to run back out in the shop to get things you forgot the first time, once you've loaded the belt up, keeping everyone waiting and it's also obligatoire to only start hunting for your wallet or purse, after the checkout girl has told you the price, and it's also obligatoire to not move out the way from the till until everything is back in your wallet or purse, all the zips and buttons are done up and it's back in you pocket or bag, all while the checkout girl is scanning away and chucking your groceries down the belt ten to the dozen.
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:
    1. Nandos
    2. Nandos
    3. Nandos
    4. Nandos
    5. Nandos
    More of a Morley's Fan?
    i do love a Morley's 
    The one down from the Venue was 3 Michelin starred
    Had a half pounder and chips from there lunchtime. Absolutely delicious.
  • Options
    addix said:

Living in France, no ones bothered mate. Remember it's obligatoire here to have to run back out in the shop to get things you forgot the first time, once you've loaded the belt up, keeping everyone waiting and it's also obligatoire to only start hunting for your wallet or purse, after the checkout girl has told you the price, and it's also obligatoire to not move out the way from the till until everything is back in your wallet or purse, all the zips and buttons are done up and it's back in you pocket or bag, all while the checkout girl is scanning away and chucking your groceries down the belt ten to the dozen.
    Living in France as well, I can confirm that the above is 100% true,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addix said:

Not just France... 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    addix said:

Not just France... 
    Mainland Europeans mate, different breed
  • Options
    addix said:

What about when you're waiting behind someone at the "pay at the pump" pumps at the petrol station and they get in and sit in the car for a few minutes while they faff about putting their wallet / purse away etc, giving you the occasional look in the mirror, to make sure you're still sitting their waiting for them. 
  • Options
    addix said:

What about when you're waiting behind someone at the "pay at the pump" pumps at the petrol station and they get in and sit in the car for a few minutes while they faff about putting their wallet / purse away etc, giving you the occasional look in the mirror, to make sure you're still sitting their waiting for them. 
    A number of people here (not all by any means, but enough)  think it's perfectly acceptable to leave their car at the pump while they pay, and then have a coffee... 
  • Options
    addix said:

Then they surrender to the nearest person and start eating cheese like a monkey 
  • Options
    Peaky blinders fancy dress
  • Options
    Towns full of speed cameras. Huddersfield, I'm looking at you.
  • Options
    addix said:

A number of people here (not all by any means, but enough)  think it's perfectly acceptable to leave their car at the pump while they pay, and then have a coffee... 
    Then it would also be perfectly acceptable to let their tyres down.
  • Options
    Trying to keep up with how many offspring the Prime Minster has........ I just can’t add that high!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pubs that are draughty and cold.
  • Options
    addix said:

Oh God, yes!

Do you also have the ones that drive up to the cashier’s window and then everything shuts down because they want to a gas bottle?
  • Options
    addix said:

Oh God, yes!

Do you also have the ones that drive up to the cashier’s window and then everything shuts down because they want to a gas bottle?
    lol
  • Options
    Choking on fibre glass and dust working in the attic because all the dust masks have been bought up by the melts who ignore the well publicised facts that face masks, let alone DIY dust masks, don’t protect against Covid-19. What about the tradesmen who rely on dust masks and have a choice between damaging their lungs or not working.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    IdleHans said:
    Towns full of speed cameras. Huddersfield, I'm looking at you.
    Sounds like Huddersfield's looking at you too!
    I'll let you know in a couple of weeks...

• Options
    addix said:

Do all French supermarkets also have really short conveyor belts with minimal packing space? Or is that just in ski resorts?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    addix said:

Do all French supermarkets also have really short conveyor belts with minimal packing space? Or is that just in ski resorts?
    Spanish supermarkets are exactly the same. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    addix said:

Spanish supermarkets are exactly the same. 
    Also the same when in Italy last year. Tiny short belts and no space after the scan. took ages 
  • Options
    Myself betting on Luke Donald and Lee Westwood to win a PGA  event....

Not the 1st time either....🤷🏻‍♂️

I annoy me 😩
  • Options
    When you leave your yoghurt in the fridge at work that 'goes off' on sunday 1st, but know it'll be fine on Monday 2nd if kept in the fridge. the cleaner clears the fridge on a friday at 2pm, so i put it in there at 4pm friday so that it would not be thrown away. I've come in today and just went to get it, it's not in the fridge (with some fruit that equally would have been fine a day past it's date) it's on the side with a host of mouldy food and has probably been sat there all weekend. That's annoying. Dry granola for breakfast anyone?